RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Garcia Discussion 4/20 8PM ET DAZN PPV

I thought he won round 12 too, Garcia didn't do anything in that round but showboat.

Yeah maybe. But if Haney walked away with a draw it would have been wrong.

Haney would have been stopped by any other ref in round 7. He was out on his feet. He was double legging Ryan. The ref was not breaking the clinch. That was 3 knockdowns in one round. Haney should consider himself lucky he doesn’t have a stoppage on his record

He turned away from his opponent, making it impossible for him to defend himself and impossible for his opponent to do anything legal. I'm surprised people are defending it, honestly.
i just realized it's the gimmick account by that mexican guy. the one that got banned, forgot his handle. always picks anyone mexican, always claims they were robbed when they get KO'd.

Yeah maybe. But if Haney walked away with a draw it would have been wrong.

Haney would have been stopped by any other ref in round 7. He was out on his feet. He was double legging Ryan. The ref was not breaking the clinch. That was 3 knockdowns in one round. Haney should consider himself lucky he doesn’t have a stoppage on his record
Honestly, I thought Garcia lost basically every round without a KD except the first, I believe.

I thought it was going that way after the first. But Ryan beat the shit out of Devin.
garcia looked absolutely done and checked out mentally until he tagged haney for the first KD. haney was leading wide early. even after that, garcia did absolutely nothing outside of the tiny bursts where he was able to hurt haney. bizarre fight.

garcia's left hook might be better than DLH's. i think oscar was better at getting it to the target consistently but garcia's left hook has legit nuclear pop at 140.

There was a moment in the fight where Ryan turned his back as a defensive measure and Haney managed to land some hard hooks to the ribs/side.

Could that be a weakness of the philly shell defense? I imagine those hooks to the side would definitely hurt.

Also Devin Haney learned the hard way that if you clinch enough times the opponent has the right to clinch back. I wonder if Devin Haney had the capability/ability to weave in/out of clinches and land counters simultaneously or if getting into the clinch really does make Haney immobile until the ref decides to intervene.
funny enough, garcia is actually one of the better fighters right now at landing hard shots in the clinch. the ref's constant intervention hurt both guys.

garcia looked absolutely done and checked out mentally until he tagged haney for the first KD. haney was leading wide early. even after that, garcia did absolutely nothing outside of the tiny bursts where he was able to hurt haney. bizarre fight.
I don't really have an issue with who won but IMO, 115/111 Garcia was a worse score than 112/112.

^^ oh yeah good call

@PHATV get ya ass in here
I was out and about, but caught it yesterday morning. Crazy!

And speaking of crazy, how crazy you gotta be if you have B-Hop in your ear telling you to calm down and shit during a post-fight interview!? lmfao
Answer: You gotta be str8 8 up for B-Hop to be talkin' you down during that. lol

Hope Garcia shakes off the crazy.

He turned away from his opponent, making it impossible for him to defend himself and impossible for his opponent to do anything legal. I'm surprised people are defending it, honestly.
Haney punched him right in the side when he did that. If you cant throw a right hand shot at an open body, then that's on you.
Tactic is legal. It's different than the Philly Shell or Michigan Crab. It's the Victorville Vault.

garcia's left hook might be better than DLH's. i think oscar was better at getting it to the target consistently but garcia's left hook has legit nuclear pop at 140.

I think Ryan would lose to a lot of guys, he does make mistakes but the fact that he fought Devin six times means he is comfortable

Haney punched him right in the side when he did that. If you cant throw a right hand shot at an open body, then that's on you.

Yeah, and got warned for rabbit punching.

Tactic is legal. It's different than the Philly Shell or Michigan Crab. It's the Victorville Vault.
It is not legal, You know better.

It was an arse whooping, one guy beating the shit out of another, one guy eeking out rds with the jab, its why I much prefer judging the fight as a whole like One fc.

It was an arse whooping, one guy beating the shit out of another, one guy eeking out rds with the jab, its why I much prefer judging the fight as a whole like One fc.
It was sloppy and he gave Devin too much room to steal the fight back… except even if you took the KDs away Ryan still somehow won?!? …k…

But anyway it was beautiful sloppy fun action and a back and forth war. THIS was what I thought the Tank fight was gonna be. And way Ryan instantly popped back up after ref counted him out, I think he coulda done more in that one.

I won’t lie I have fights I recall that I didn’t like the outcome of and decide to remember them on the “whole fight” scale, like Maidana vs Khan, where Khan won a decision but to me he looked bested by the end of the fight, not like a winner

I think Ryan would lose to a lot of guys, he does make mistakes but the fact that he fought Devin six times means he is comfortable
ryan is as limited as it gets for a top fighter, especially in a weight class like 135-140. i don't think wilder is a great comparison but they're similar in the way that they're generally pretty fragile and inactive during fights but just a single shot can completely flip a fight at any point.

i was also pretty damn sure garcia was undertrained and checked out pre-fight based on the lead up and i was clearly wrong. he never really looked gassed, just discouraged.

Back