RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Lomachenko Top Rank / ESPN PPV 5/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shakur, Ward, Bradley and Kellerman must not know boxing either. It was a close fight, the betting lines had Lomachenko the favorite going into the decision and I assure you the bookies with millions on the line are looking out for their best interest. It wasn't a robbery but I don't see how 3 qualified people could all see it for Haney and a 8-4 scorecard was particularly bad. I had Loma 115-113, coulda seen it 114-114, or 115-113 for Haney. I think 116-112 for Loma was possible but not really for Haney.
literally whining over a single round difference

<Huh2>

right black people simply don’t show bruising or swelling. great take.

That's not what I said, don't be a clown. Bruising is less visible are darker skin, obviously. Swelling and cuts aren't the only way to measure damage either but certainly people with thicker skin and rounder facial features tend to swell and cut less. You know what I'm saying and that I'm right. The "look at the marks on Lomachenkos face" is a morons defense.

I quit caring about the scoring years ago. It’s laughably terrible and always has been. Boxing win loss records are a bunch of nonsense apart from stoppages.

They really should just get rid of any scoring and make it either a draw or stoppage sport.

I love ya but this would get more people brain damaged. Every heavy bag who is tough as a $2 steak but can't win a fight convincingly would be validated.

can't help but think my scoring was the most absolute correct scoring 114-114

The thing about bad decisions like this is that it doesn't impact big fights, people are always gonna watch the big ones. It kills interest for the other shows, people won't give a fuck.

If they just got rid of records all together boxing probably wouldn't suck as hard as it does tbh. You wouldn't have the shit we had last week with Rolly and you wouldn't have all these dudes at the top not fighting each other.

Yep and you would get rid of these padded records being necessary to market fighters. The terrible scoring system of boxing helps breed the terrible win loss system which breeds the terrible matchup system. In the old days they could get by with that from a marketing perspective, but it’s a dying horse.

That's not what I said, don't be a clown. Bruising is less visible are darker skin, obviously. Swelling and cuts aren't the only way to measure damage either but certainly people with thicker skin and rounder facial features tend to swell and cut less. You know what I'm saying and that I'm right. The "look at the marks on Lomachenkos face" is a morons defense.
i just said haney didn’t have a mark on him. i didn’t say loma landed zero punches to his face or that loma’s face was even worse (it was and you acknowledge this obviously)

i’m just wondering where the hard punches to the head were from loma, because we all saw dozens of brutal body shots from haney.

FwoI5e9acAESAWT

Why did he deserve to win?
He won most of the rounds, and thus won the fight.

In most rounds Haney landed way more consistently. Loma might land a couple clean shots in a single flurry but was getting tagged by clean hard body shots regularly throughout the three minutes. Loma had maybe only a couple decisive rounds. Many many rounds you could justifiably give to Haney. 115-113 for me. I can see a scorecard going the other way but there's 0 reason for anyone to whine about the official scores too.

I was rooting for Loma, too, but it is what it is. He lost the fight, and people crying about the scores now are dumb little babies.

i just said haney didn’t have a mark on him. i didn’t say loma landed zero punches to his face or that loma’s face was even worse (it was and you acknowledge this obviously)

i’m just wondering where the hard punches to the head were from loma, because we all saw dozens of brutal body shots from haney.

They were the ones that kept causing Haney to desperately clinch and the others that had Haneys legs weaken.

If we're going by "marks" on them, the darker skinned fighter will win most decisions. This is a moronic response, the only one who got rocked in the fight was Haney and he was put on wobbly legs twice.

Idk this was Angela hill just a few hours ago

I love ya but this would get more people brain damaged. Every heavy bag who is tough as a $2 steak but can't win a fight convincingly would be validated.

Yeah but if you can’t rack up KOs you won’t be able to get going as a fighter. Guys who just get draws and losses go nowhere.

Back