RBR ***OFFICIAL*** Sherdog Sanctioned Wilder vs Fury II PPV RBR 2/22

Who wins the rematch of the Baddest Man on the Planet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I gotta hit the rack. Great fight, hope Wilder has the stones to take another beating and we see it again. I will make the millions of fake sherdog money I bet on Wilder after the weigh-in back this time. EZ money next time. I really expected it to go almost the exact opposite of what happened.

Also, Seano you must think Ward should have been DQ'd in the 2nd Kovalev fight, right?
<BC1>

I think the point he was probably alluding to is that if you held that first knockdown in the first fight to the same standards you're holding the first knockdown in this rematch, then you would have been of the opinion that both were illegal.

Most people do not think either were illegal, but being inconsistent in how you appraise the two knockdowns suggests some bias or otherwise an error in thinking.

ding ding ding.

I know why you won't answer it and its because its gives the obvious answer that an punch to a no punch zone is illegal whether deliberate or not.
Actually, I didn't answer because of why I said I didn't answer. You are just pulling off mental gymnastics to try to justify your opinion to yourself after the fact.

First knockdown was an accidental back of head punch.

I cannot knock Tyson's gameplan or execution. He did fantastic. Wilder looked fatigued from the beginning. Overwhelmed by the feints and, I cant believe I am saying it, pressure.

Watched this at a bar and everyone was stunned.

It's also illegal to turn your back to your opponent. The ref also states very clearly, "Protect yourself at all times". This means you don't block punches with the back of your head.
You can't hit a fighter on the back of the head because he turns. Again, thats just the difference between a unintentional or intentional foul.

Actually, I didn't answer because of why I said I didn't answer. You are just pulling off mental gymnastics to try to justify your opinion to yourself after the fact.
eh, you know I'm right. Thats why you won't answer it.

First knockdown was an accidental back of head punch.

I cannot knock Tyson's gameplan or execution. He did fantastic. Wilder looked fatigued from the beginning. Overwhelmed by the feints and, I cant believe I am saying it, pressure.
Careful now. Reeee brigade is going to "slaughter" you.

eh, you guys are blind. Wilder was already in that position when Fury threw the shot. The shot comes from behind Wilder, FFS.

Its amazing how consistently delusional this dude is lol. Not sure hes senile or just nuthugging his favorites too much

You can't hit a fighter on the back of the head because he turns. Again, thats just the difference between a unintentional or intentional foul.
If you're throwing a punch at your opponent, and they turn and show their back of the head as your punch is going, and it lands, then it's going to be a legal shot, and you see it all the time. You've seen it all the time, so you know it's legal and deep down, that you're wong.

Fury's punch didn't land on the back of the head regardless, so it's moot anyway. It was a shot that landed mostly over the ear.

He didn't. The punch had been decided upon and let go and Wilder turned so that it hit him on the ear or a bit behind. His fault, no foul, legal punch.

He didn't. The punch had been decided upon and let go and Wilder turned so that it hit him on the ear or a bit behind. His fault, no foul, legal punch.
We'll have to agree to disagree because I see the punch coming from behind Wilder and hitting him on the back of the head. Looks pretty clear to me.

Pulled the horse shoe out that bois ass. Wilder is a one trick pony. Fact.

Yea but its a good trick. I don't want to take anything away from Wilder, he's a K.O. artist who hits as hard as anyone probably ever. I do feel Fury is the better boxer and fighter though.

It was an accidental back of head punch, but it's part of the game and still a knockdown. It sucks, but thats the way it is.

I think the damage to his ear was what really messed Wilder up, especially if his eardrum was ruptured.

So it’s a illegal blow to the back of the head and it also burst his ear drum?

That was an illegal blow to the back of the head, but the busted eardrum is perfectly legal, the ref should've not called it a knockdown but even a warning wasn't going to matter anyway because of his balance gone and Wilder can't box and move like Ali or Joshua anyway and unless Wilder can take Fury to the later rounds and gas him then drown him Wilder can't stand up to Fury with that game plan and no defense and just trade because Fury can take his punches and even if hurt can fire back and stop Wilder.

Wilder will have to box and move next time until Fury gases adjustments counters and body shots jabs and combos and not this willed swinging out of control one shot prayer KO won't work against Fury who's a bigger nan and better Boxer with defense and power and stamina.

It's time for Wilder to change trainers, because no adjustments were ever made.

If you're throwing a punch at your opponent, and they turn and show their back of the head as your punch is going, and it lands, then it's going to be a legal shot, and you see it all the time. You've seen it all the time, so you know it's legal and deep down, that you're wong.
I can't think of a fight where the ref gave a count on a blow that he called illegal. Mares vs Agbeko maybe. I've seen that happen and the ref will call it unintentional . Give me an example of an obvious back of the head shot being called a KD. Not a borderline shot on the ear that the ref couldn't see.

Fury's punch didn't land on the back of the head regardless, so it's moot anyway. It was a shot that landed mostly over the ear.
the punch clearly landed on the back of the head. Come on. I can respect your argument about it not being a foul, but that it actually didn't land on the back of the head? Please.

I read the last 30 pages

Does someone exepct this retard think that was illegal blow?

No really..the level of salt in this one..holy shit

We'll have to agree to disagree because I see the punch coming from behind Wilder and hitting him on the back of the head. Looks pretty clear to me.

I can't think of a fight where the ref gave a count on a blow that he called illegal. Mares vs Agbeko maybe. I've seen that happen and the ref will call it unintentional . Give me an example of an obvious back of the head shot being called a KD. Not a borderline shot on the ear that the ref couldn't see.
I don't think you've read/understood what I've said.
the punch clearly landed on the back of the head. Come on. I can respect your argument about it not being a foul, but that it actually didn't land on the back of the head? Please.

You can see from the stills posted earlier where it landed. It was not on the back of the head. Likewise thinking "the punch came from behind Wilder" is imo pure delusion, you might as well be talking about seeing fairies.

I don't think you've read/understood what I've said.

You can see from the stills posted earlier where it landed. It was not on the back of the head. Likewise thinking "the punch came from behind Wilder" is imo pure delusion, you might as well be talking about seeing fairies.
Well, I'm not going round and round. You think your thing, I'll think mine. Clearly hit the back of the head but if you see something else, more power to you.

I read the last 30 pages

Does someone exepct this retard think that was illegal blow?

No really..the level of salt in this one..holy shit
Most everyone agrees it was a punch to the back of the head. I thought you said you read the thread?
The debate is mostly whether it was illegal or not. A punch to the back of the head it always an illegal blow. Just like any punch below the belt is illegal, intentional or not. If you'd really read the last 30 pages, you would have read that.

Back