Official Titanfall Thread

I have to say the "Freshly Squeezed" challenge is satisfying. Not easy, but satisfying.
A few more of those and a couple more Titan kills with the chaingun and I will be Gen8.

Last edited:
I know. It's pretty sad. I wish more people were as pumped on this game as I am.

Man I haven't played this shit in forever. I need to boot it up. There's DLC?

Dear Diary, I am Gen8 now. Looking forward to the CAR challenges and the 40mm cannon challenges.
Dreading the chellenges where you have to kill enemies by dropping titans on them....

Dear Diary, I am Gen8 now. Looking forward to the CAR challenges and the 40mm cannon challenges.
Dreading the chellenges where you have to kill enemies by dropping titans on them....

That's my favorite way to kill people. There's nothing more epic, IMO, than crushing the enemy with a titanfall. Some tips I can give:

- Equip Warpfall Transmitter
- Kill bots by dropping on their pods
- Kill pilots by boarding their titans and dropping (they'll either stop to smoke or get out)
- Kill titans by dropping on them when they're engaged in combat or executing a teammate

It's pretty easy once you get onto it. I rodeo for a second till they eject, jump off and hit the Titanfall call down button while still in the air.
Works like a charm. Level 48 now.

I bought the DLC and it rejuvenated my interest in this game.

Also, the new "Target" mode or whatever its called is insanely fun.
My heart starts pounding when I become the target. Very awesome.

Dear Diary:
I love the new patch. They have increased the Burn Cards to 88 in hand, and brought in new burn cards for things like Amped Slaved Warheads, etc. Very cool. I haven't tried the new Marked for Death mode yet but I will when I get a chance.

I don't know what the fuck they use for a lobby selection process, but I am stuck at Gen8 level 50 because I haven't won a hundred matches. See, I normally don't care about whether my team is winning or losing, I just really keep an eye on my ratio and try to stay positive. As long as my KDR is positive for Pilot on Pilot kills, I am happy. (I don't count the AI kills)

Well frig, now I am starting to pay attention to the fact that I keep getting put on teams that suck shit and I am starting to bail on games when it is obvious that there is no way our team is going to win.
Like I said, before I would stay and just work to maintain a positive KDR but fuck that. I don't want to waste a lifetime to get to Gen9.
In fact I am more than ready to Regen. Other than the "All I do is Win" challenge, I have a couple more "Watch out below" challenges and I am good to go to Gen9.

Anyways, still loving this game, loving the flow and the feel. Loving the intensity and the dynamics of the wall running and hanging, Titan rodeoing and everything else that goes with it.

They announced CoD Advanced Warfare ahd I rolled my eyes at the franchise.
Total biters. This will be the first CoD I haven't pre-ordered since I started playing it with MW. That franchise is dead to me, unless I read a million reviews from happy knife throwers that cite a return to MW2/Blops1 era gameplay.

Dear Diary. WTF.
Last week they released the second Map Pack for this game on 360 and the same shit happened as the first time:
Porting issues.

Only the first time they were actively answering people's Twittering plea's for help almost immediately. This time, I am left hanging for almost a week. I haven't tried it since last weekend, but once I DL'ed the new maps, presto: Could not stay connected.

If I get a chance today when I get home, I am going to turn it on and see if the issues are fixed or not. Hopefully it was just something at their end because I am not a computer nerd and I have a hard time with all this techy shit, logging into my Router and setting up Port allowances, etc.

Upcoming Update #6 Preview

GAME UPDATE SIX
NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.

Added Modes for Colorblind Titan Pilots - Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.

Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.

Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It’s the Faberg

Pilot Skirmish is actually interesting. Bitter sweet that it has to remove the main attraction to the game, but 8 v 8 and no AI is music to my ears. I was so close to trading this in a couple days ago but a buddy of mine picked it up dirt cheap so I'll be trying this out.

Damn man, I still can't play! I have tweeted those fuckers @Respawn and @Titanfallgame and asked them for some support with porting issues or whatever, and I am not hearing back from them!
THis game is now sitting on a shelf collecting dust, and (unbelievably) I have put CoD Ghosts in my console for the last two days just to get an FPS fix. I hate Ghosts.

Last time they released a Map pack, there were porting issues but they answered people's tweets with support and directions on how to fix it. Not this time.... wtf am I supposed to do?
"Connection to server timed out"

Last edited:
Pilot Skirmish is actually interesting. Bitter sweet that it has to remove the main attraction to the game, but 8 v 8 and no AI is music to my ears. I was so close to trading this in a couple days ago but a buddy of mine picked it up dirt cheap so I'll be trying this out.

I have had some SERIOUS connectivity issues with Titanfall. In fact since the second map pack was released, I haven't been able to connect for a single game..... That is until tonight!!
I FINALLY got to see one of the new maps, and FINALLY got to try Pilot Skirmish. It is fun too. All the CoD fanboys would love it.

If you guys have Titanfall and you haven't put it in your console lately, I urge you to put it in and try the new game modes out. I know respawn was rushed to release this product, but it is very different from when it first came out.

Frig, I love titanfall. I am so happy it started working again. I wonder if my tweets at them had anything to do with it, or if it was just an issue they finally resolved?

Thinking about picking up an Xbox One on Black Friday because of Halo and the new FPS GTA V
Im wondering if I should pick up Titanfall also because that game looked fun as hell but I dont know if people have already abandoned it for something else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back