Media Official Trailer for UFC 302: Makahachev vs Poirier

I wonder what excuses haters will bring up after Islam beats Dustin. They can’t use Abu Dhabi excuse. I’s guessing it’s the cherry picking one or Dustin wasn’t that good. Dustin used to be a FW so we might hear Islam only beats FWs.

I wonder what excuses haters will bring up after Islam beats Dustin. They can’t use Abu Dhabi excuse. I’s guessing it’s the cherry picking one or Dustin wasn’t that good. Dustin used to be a FW so we might hear Islam only beats FWs.
I wonder what happened to the "Makhachev is ducking a fight against a top 5 lightweight" people. Wasn't that a big issue they had with Makhachev and had to constantly bring up? Surely, they haven't changed their minds to "he's ducking a fight against a top 5 lightweight who is also a stylistic tough matchup," because that would be dumb considering most champions have mostly great stylistic matchups in their division's top 5 rankings, which is a big reason why they are the champion.

Will the Costa curse happen again on this card.

I wonder what happened to the "Makhachev is ducking a fight against a top 5 lightweight" people. Wasn't that a big issue they had with Makhachev and had to constantly bring up? Surely, they haven't changed their minds to "he's ducking a fight against a top 5 lightweight who is also a stylistic tough matchup," because that would be dumb considering most champions have mostly great stylistic matchups in their division's top 5 rankings, which is a big reason why they are the champion.
They will say Dustin is a former FW and almost retired. People here are too easy to predict.

3e7344262247ead4642aecd7ef9963a3.gif

Has anyone else been choked out three times by three different guys in title fights? Dustin's about to set a world record

Would love to see Dustin get a KO but I suspect Islam will make this look really easy.

They will say Dustin is a former FW and almost retired. People here are too easy to predict.
not really a prediction when everybody is already saying that, and it's true, no hate on Mackachev he already have a lot of great wins but this one won't be his best and it will be 0-23 or something like that for the +35yo in title fights for WW and under
at this point no 35 yo should be given a shot at the title, might seems unfair but it's just a waste of everybody's time

Idk dp he's a good win on a record but dp will get choked ..

I think fans want Islam vs gaethje charles2 Holloway or beniel or something Islam fighting a pure striker whos prone to going to the ground and getting choked ..

Let's see him face someone who has great tdd like volk that can bang with him

Dustin has a punchers chance and that's about it.
I'm curious to see how the striking plays out though. Makhachev is a much better striker than Khabib, although less durable.

My pick is Makhachev by RNC Round 3.

Least hyped I've ever been for a makhachev fight. They couldn't give him someone besides the easiest matchup in the entire UFC for him?

Ali asked for the fight, because Poirier has damaged hips, that's why he had surgery. Also of the possible opponents available he brings the most money.
He can't defend the takedown with that hip, that's why he jumps gilly and never finishes it in actual fights.
The gameplan is right there and Khabib already laid it out.
Highest reward, lowest risk.

That being said let's hope Poirier knocks him the fuck out.

Last edited:
Back