Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rena was impressive last night. Those liver shots made me nauseous. Can only imagine how Nguyen felt.
Pena said she wants to continue fighting after giving birth. I wish her well & would like to see her fighting again. Most are saying Waterson's next fight is probably Torres. Are there other options too?
Rose vs. Joanna: Rose has some chance, anyone think she has much chance?

Rena was impressive last night. Those liver shots made me nauseous. Can only imagine how Nguyen felt.
Pena said she wants to continue fighting after giving birth. I wish her well & would like to see her fighting again. Most are saying Waterson's next fight is probably Torres. Are there other options too?

Nguyen probably would have felt better if she had anything resembling striking defense.

Rose, well, anything can happen, I suppose, but not really.

I'm invested in Jedrzejczyk so obviously I think she's going to lose every fight ......... then I'm elated when she wins easily. Sure I can see Rose pulling off some crazy sub, but then Joanna does train with Matuda, the queen of aggressive subs.

I'd prefer if Joanna was the underdog rather than the runaway favourite, which is why I really want to see her fight that salty Russian girl Valya.

Joanna is justifiably the favorite to win, but nonetheless I think Rose has a good chance. Pat Barry recently claimed that every bad performance of Rose was his fault, a result of the burden of his severe drug abuse problems on her. If Pat has truly cleaned up his act, as he claims, we may now see a dangerously fully-focused Rose unlike any Rose we've seen before.

As for a particular vulnerability of Joanna's that Rose might be able to take advantage of: Joanna let Jessica Penne take her back while standing, which might have turned into a big problem for Joanna if the round hadn't ended shortly thereafter. If Joanna lets Rose succeed in doing the same, with some time on the clock remaining, that could be game over. Rose is very dangerous working from that position.

I also expect that Rose being able to train so much with Valentina (and her coach, Pavel) will be a big help to her for this fight.

Last edited:
Hopefully Jinh Yu Frey is announcing a fight in Japan
since it would help her career by going over seas and
fighting for a reputable promotion in Japan.Invicta may
have hit a potential market in Thailand if there latest
signing in Loma Lookboonmee adds up with a good
showing or win.

Hopefully Jinh Yu Frey is announcing a fight in Japan
since it would help her career by going over seas and
fighting for a reputable promotion in Japan.Invicta may
have hit a potential market in Thailand if there latest
signing in Loma Lookboonmee adds up with a good
showing or win.
It's Korea.

Calie Cutler is working hard on making her return. She took some tough losses to some tough opponents, but this is basically the first time in her career that she's actually training with a legit camp full time. She's at Michigan Top Team now with Daron Cruickshank, Cody Stamann, Jason Fischer and chicks like Alyse Anderson, Angie Jennings and Randa Markos (part time). She was fighting at Strawweight and Flyweight early in her career and had a lot of success so in my opinion she needs to get back down to those weight classes. Her last 3 fights were at 135-140 and she went 1-2 in that time. I think now that 125 is a bit reinvigorated, she's going to be looking for success at that weight class and look to go on a run.

In case you missed it here is Rena's win from Sunday

Am I crazy or did Andy totally have her arm under Rena's chin and if she chose to choke rather than punch she would have won. Split second decisions like that are the difference between wins and losses. This is one of the reasons why I love MMA.

24exoo0.gif

24pgkjo.gif

c13k3.gif

2co3hph.gif

rena2.gif

M
22496434_1473632496007625_829211294963530224_o.jpg

FUCK. YES.

That should be mindbendingly awesome!!!!!!!!
beat me to it.

#jizzedinmypants

Awesome fight. Was hoping this could happen in Invicta, but Road (understandably) doesn't want their champs fighting elsewhere.

Of note is that this will be their second XX event, so the main card will be all ladies fights.

22496434_1473632496007625_829211294963530224_o.jpg

FUCK. YES.

That should be mindbendingly awesome!!!!!!!!

Oh, man. Did NOT see this one coming. I hope Yu Frey is ready for the fight of her life, because Ham is gonna bring it (she always does.) What is the weight for ROAD's AW division?

Oh, man. Did NOT see this one coming. I hope Yu Frey is ready for the fight of her life, because Ham is gonna bring it (she always does.) What is the weight for ROAD's AW division?

I commented on her Instagram post, and gave a few tips:
1. Study up on their rules and scoring system. No elbows in Road, and they don't use the 10 point must. They use an "infinite scoring" system that accumulates each round, and awards offense and aggression, while defense gets just about nothing. Also, they have a card system.
2. If she gets a walkout shirt made, leave space for the big Xiaomi sponsor sticker they make everyone put on. Otherwise, something will get covered up.
3. If/when she wins, keep an eye on Jeong Eun Park who is also likely to fight that night. If she wins, likely to be the next title challenger.

Jinh responded that there are definitely a lot of new rules to study. She also remarked that they wanted her to face Park back in March, but she took the Morandin fight instead :-\

Jinh Yu Frey is getting a good deal with the promoter
and opponent since Road FC is one of the bigger names
that part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back