Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really weird signing. Hopefully she gets Cifers.

Loma is too small even for an atom weight. She is going to get crushed at strawweight unless the UFC gives her a super gimme fight.

She’ll probably get someone like cortney Casey, don’t worry.

Probably. Considering who they matched up Hamderlei with back in the day they'll probably look for the biggest girls they can find to fight Loma.

Andrea Lee, Stamp Fairtex, Shevchenko, Weili Zhang, Loma Lookboonmee,Chookagian, Asha Roka
WMMAddict
Published on Sep 7, 2019

She looks like she bulked up a lot since joining Tiger Muay Thai, but she probably has to eat kfc daily to make 115lbs.

The good thing about being lighter compared to a traditional 135 pound Strawweight is she
doesn't have to cut wheel barrows of weight like a traditional Strawweight.

The good thing about being lighter compared to a traditional 135 pound Strawweight is she
doesn't have to cut wheel barrows of weight like a traditional Strawweight.

Previously you stated that most straweights start at 130. Now it is 135. Can you show me the source of your data? Not the first time I have asked you. Nor the second.

Previously you stated that most straweights start at 130. Now it is 135. Can you show me the source of your data? Not the first time I have asked you. Nor the second.
Be careful or he’ll up it to 140

Michelle Waterson has started documenting her weight cut on Instagram, and according to her she starts at 135, but as far as I know she’s the only strawweight that’s started sharing an in depth view of her cut.

Last edited:
I have also seen numbers from Rose and Tecia giving their weight at less than 125. So I want to know where someone can continually retrieve a statistical average. As someone who has spent decades analyzing data, this is of great interest to me.

We been through this. I have taken shit for daring to bring visual evidence to this argument cause numbers are so rare. Nobody has a clue what anybody actually weighs and until there is federal regulation nobody ever will. It likely varies. Everyone assumes Andrade is huge. Ok. Weili looked significantly bigger. Just an up-scaled version of her. Did she actually weigh more? Well hold that thought. Her weight on her only recorded fight day according to CSAC was 127lb and she was the second fight on the card so they may have accounted for that and came in lower that fight. With more time you can recover more. Who knows what she weighed in at last time. As champ she will now have a significant advantage unless the UFC no longer wants her.

Weight isn't an absolute measure. Some fighters increase the density of their bone as they mature. It's a leading cause of pushing fighters up weight classes. That combined with organ failure. Despite not appearing to gain size. Density doesn't necessarily mean better either. With the wrong nutrition one can have dense and brittle bones. A lot of other things factor in. Genetics, PED usage, IV usage even under USADA (see Costa not getting caught except when his own team member turned rat).

This is a never ending circular firing squad. Useless arguments from everybody cause nobody has anything but partial data. This isn't a bug. It's a feature.

IMO the only thing anybody here should be advocating for is fed regulation with very heavy handed enforcement.

Also Chael's solution of 1hr weigh in isn't a solution. Didn't Cejudo become famous for doing exactly what Chael suggests nobody would do.

One last point. Everybody lies. There's a good reason Luke Thomas stopped interviewing fighters. He did an interview with Derek Lewis who proceeded to lie in every answer he gave in a 16 min long interview. Not his fault. He had to. Again not a bug but a feature. And people are eating up what fighters say/post. I'm not saying it's all lies but this game is built heavily on misdirection and having to lie for often very good and valid reasons for all involved.

Invicta
Miranda Maverick looked strong on her way to winning the tournament. At only 22 she's a PhD candidate as well. So she's willing to work hard toward futile endeavors self-improvement. Enjoyed the announcers (Sanko & Smith) maintaining a fun & laid back atmosphere. Except that Smith was joking around while Maverick was sinking in the RNC for the final victory over Bennet. Sanko turned it back to the fight in time to call it properly.
UFC
First fight, Moras TKO (elbows & punches) over Jojua, was a bit disappointing. Moras came in two pounds over weight. Jojua didn't give her much of a match. She looked out of her element in her UFC debut.

Enjoyed the second fight, Calderwood split decision win over Lee. Every round was close, lots of standing and banging. Had Lee winning the first & JoJo the next two. Lee started strong & after getting taken down in the middle of round two started looking a bit beat up / discouraged. Calderwood did enough for the victory I suppose, tying Lee up a few times. Still looks slow on the feet.

I found it interesting that the girl from Scotland appeared to be less bothered by the ~125 degree heat index than the girl hailing from Louisiana.

I found it interesting that the girl from Scotland appeared to be less bothered by the ~125 degree heat index than the girl hailing from Louisiana.
Calderwood lives in Las Vegas.

Calderwood lives in Las Vegas.

I knew she lived in the US, but I couldn’t remember where. Still, Vegas is a dry heat, Lee should still have been better able to handle the kind of heat and humidity that was reported there. She looked miserable, though that might have had more to do with Calderwood hitting her than the conditions.

When the UFC sent Moras off to Abu Dhabi to face their latest hot-girl-signing you could say her card was well and truly marked. The last fight on her contract and on a three fight losing streak; never mind missing weight, her future was mapped out the moment she wasn't booked for a fight on next weekend's card in her own backyard.

But of course Sarah won, so what now? Does she get dumped as planned or is she allowed to stick around? Personally I'd book her to fight Spencer at 145. Like the fat kid at the Inn at the Crossroads Cheesecake is a survivor.

UFC collecting atomweights (actually they're probably just there with their teammate UFC fighter Vince Morales, but let's pretend)?

-------------------------------------------

5:42 Spring Sia mentions that Loma Lookboonmee fractured her teammate's orbital bone through headgear and an elbow pad during their fight in July (and credit to Sze Sze Rowlinson, she still won the fight).

Last edited:
UFC collecting atomweights (actually they're probably just there with their teammate UFC fighter Vince Morales, but let's pretend)?

-------------------------------------------

5:42 Spring Sia mentions that Loma Lookboonmee fractured her teammate's orbital bone through headgear and an elbow pad during their fight in July (and credit to Sze Sze Rowlinson, she still won the fight).

I don't understood why they are so hesitant with 105. 105 is the most popular in the Asian regions they want to break into. They are already getting a taste due to Zhang. They had a chance with Ham but they kept matching her with the biggest 115ers after it was known she moved up a weight class.

Commenting a tad late, as we did a pretty nice gathering on watching Invicta rerun and continuing on from there thru the prelims and main card of UFC. So I missed all the PBP fun.

The Phoenix Series has been good fun both times - the format seems to work and the fights have been nearly all quite entertaining. Maverick was quite darn acers there, but there was a collective agreement that allowing Bennett talk more than (preferably zero) once during a show is something nobody should have to endure.... There's quirky and then there's goddamn irritating. Anyway!

Really, really, liked Calderwood vs. Lee. They didn't stop attacking at any point in the fight, was somewhat surprised to actually get my wish fo a proper victory for JoJo, so that was doubly awesome :) And nice that she actually managed to thank Lee for style that leads to more entertaining fights, after bitching about Chook being dull last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.