Official Women's Division Discussion #27

I was expecting Jauregui to be great, but Lucindo pleasantly surprised me.

Yeah, I wasn't familiar with either but came out of the fight impressed with both.

1465087094462.gif

Loopy getting paid for the amount of fights she has. She is on a 45k/45k contract.
Hill is on a 95k/95k
Cachoeira on a 40k/40k
Lipski on a 40k/40k
Yazmin Jauregui on a 25k/25k
Iasmin Lucindo on a 12k/12k
Cynthia on a 70k/70k
Nina on a 40k/40k

She was probably getting paid well in Combate and for the UFC to get her had to at least match it.

Makes sense. What if we have it all wrong and competition is the secret to raising fighter pay?? Glad to see she is getting green

I forgot tthere was a card, and after reading the results I am mostly happy I did. Notes:
Cachoeira should have been fired for the Robertson eyepoke shenanigans. Boo. From some threads, apparently Herb Dean also fucked up the stoppage. Boo. Unhappy.
Loopy lost. Unhappy.
At least I like Nunes more than I do Calvillo, but not nearly enough to pull my general feelings to positive.

Nina Nunes vs. Cynthia Calvillo. Nina retires on a winning note. Said she wants to coach and have more kids.

Yazmin Jauregui vs. Iasmin Lucindo. These up and coming straw weights put on a good show. The crowd was into it. Jauregui is 23 and Lucindo is 20.

Angela Hill vs. Lupita Godinez. Hill won a well-deserved unanimous decision. She got rocked in round one but kept her head about her and managed the distance control more effectively than Loopy. Hill keeps improving her wrestling and grappling game. Godinez looked tired and frustrated as the fight wore on. It was a step up in competition for her.

Ariane Lipski vs. Priscila Cachoeira. Seeing Lipski get KO'd bummed me out. To Priscilla even more so. Agree with @Mittens the way she eye gouged Robertson completely sucked.

I forgot tthere was a card, and after reading the results I am mostly happy I did. Notes:
Cachoeira should have been fired for the Robertson eyepoke shenanigans. Boo. From some threads, apparently Herb Dean also fucked up the stoppage. Boo. Unhappy.
Loopy lost. Unhappy.
At least I like Nunes more than I do Calvillo, but not nearly enough to pull my general feelings to positive.
Hi bud. If you get a chance to watch Jauregui vs. Lucindo it's a fun one.

i gotta admit, 2 strawweights debuting on a main card seemed like a risky gamble but holy heck it paid off tonight
other fights went about as expected - tho angie finally picking up a win at home was heartwarming
it looked like loopy was distracted, or even perhaps rocked by those knees. her plodding after angie tells me something rattled her good, enough to make her and her team completely forget about wrestling! better luck next time loopy x

i gotta admit, 2 strawweights debuting on a main card seemed like a risky gamble but holy heck it paid off tonight
other fights went about as expected - tho angie finally picking up a win at home was heartwarming
it looked like loopy was distracted, or even perhaps rocked by those knees. her plodding after angie tells me something rattled her good, enough to make her and her team completely forget about wrestling! better luck next time loopy x
Yeah those young strawweights really brought the excitement. They both threw hard shots and brought everything they had right up to the final second. I feel like Jauregui and Lucindo are names to remember when they have their next fights. It was cool seeing them acknowledge each other’s performance. Also seeing the crowd cheering them, and Brandon Moreno & his wife giving Jauregui big hugs after it was over.

The fight IQ test is real, Loopy & Lipski both failed. Standing in front of Hill and boxing is a great way to get out-volumed for a loss unless you're one of the better strikers in the division, and Loopy most certainly isn't. I understand getting the minutes in and practicing your standup game against someone who isn't a KO threat, but not at the expense of winning a fight. There's a clear blueprint for beating Hill; take her down, work her, and slow her down, but Loopy decided to box a kickboxer for some reason.

The path to beating Cachoeira is also clear, whatever you do, don't stand in front of her and trade punches, move, take her down, anything but stand & bang. Lipski decided to stand & bang with predictable results.

Missed the Nunes fight and haven't had a chance to digest the Jauregui vs. Lucindo one yet. I was high as a kite by the time the latter went down so things are kinda hazy in my head.

I thought Jauregui and Lucindo were certain to get fight of the night, but that lasted about fifteen minutes.

Honestly would still say they should have got it, their fight was real. Nate fucking carried his opponent for 1-1.5 rounds gifting him recovery time and showboating doesn't deserve FOTN to me.

She hurt Hill within the first minute of the fight and seemed to be chasing that for the remainder.

High level chess by Hill falling down early to trick loopy into thinking she had ko power. But hill also came ready to wrestle she's impressive still trying to round out.

Dislike seeing zombie win after still being here after the eye gouging, then she should have been cut after losing to Kim (but the judges fucked that up) and now she got a legit win.

Nina retired was a bit shocking she worked so hard to come back for 2 fights, the 1st she looked rusty this weekend she was back at her best, but at 40/40 I suppose it not as much fun as having kids. Cynthia really fallen off.

Loopy getting paid for the amount of fights she has. She is on a 45k/45k contract.
Hill is on a 95k/95k
Cachoeira on a 40k/40k
Lipski on a 40k/40k
Yazmin Jauregui on a 25k/25k
Iasmin Lucindo on a 12k/12k
Cynthia on a 70k/70k
Nina on a 40k/40k

Didn’t Loopy join the company last year?

Crazy she is getting paid so much so quickly

Flyweight; Jackie MacLean (2-1) vs Weronika Eszer (0-1)

Strawweight: Allyse Cotteril debut vs Ako Murata debut

Last edited:
Back