Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Just for fun I'll take the opposite this weekend.
Chiasson gets her grappling game going and smothers Aldana for the win.
Wolf with her punching power better than Poirier gets the ko.
Reed via watermelon breaking squeeze.
wanna do a prop bet for a belt? i've always wanted a sparkly one for my av :D

IMMAF champ Nadine Abbot Bisset making her debut on Combate’s main card tonight

Last edited:
Macy has had her last 2 fights at 145(one of which she missed the featherweight limit) and she’s astronomically huge for 135. It’s for sure her. Plus Irene weighed in at 137.5, probably last minute.
It’s gotta be Macy lol… I believe it takes her a full 8-12 week camp with a nutritionist to even think of hitting 135 & she’s had multiple weight issues as previously mentioned.

Looking at Aldana's record to see when else she missed weight (other than last time), I was surprised to see this was actually her third UFC catchweight at 140+, with both Betch and Melo missing vs her (the other time she missed was back in Invicta, vs Jessamyn Duke - I'd forgotten that too, I thought it was more recent).

anyway hopefully Irene (bae
s0322.gif
) knocks Fatisson's block off for this CRIME :mad: (the other two catchweights were dominant wins for bae
s0322.gif
... as was the catchweight where she missed last time... so the omens are good
m1919.gif
)

It really makes no sense this Aldana vs Chiasson matchup.

All I know is that Norma Dumont got screwed over big time. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't re-sign her when her contract is up (which I'm pretty sure Wolf is the last fight in her current contract), send Pascual and Fairn packing, allow Perez to move down, and then wonder why there's no one available for Amanda at 145.

Dumont says she wants to stay at 145 for her own health (which is very valid and respectable) and that she has a name ready to call with a win tonight. I bet she'll call out Macy or Megan.

Martinez (war Combate rep)
Dumont (end the Wold experiment)
Aldana (of course)

friendly reminder, Deep Jewels 38 early tomorrow morning, and Pancrase 329 has two ladies fights as well, tho those are both gimme fights.

It really makes no sense this Aldana vs Chiasson matchup.

All I know is that Norma Dumont got screwed over big time. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't re-sign her when her contract is up (which I'm pretty sure Wolf is the last fight in her current contract), send Pascual and Fairn packing, allow Perez to move down, and then wonder why there's no one available for Amanda at 145.

Dumont says she wants to stay at 145 for her own health (which is very valid and respectable) and that she has a name ready to call with a win tonight. I bet she'll call out Macy or Megan.
i wish ufc would just shutter women's 145 and send them all packing to pfl's women's 155, that would be a win/win for everyone (except kayla)

She’ll probably call out Amanda. Unless she thinks she needs to prove herself against the uncrowned goat, Zarah Fairn, before a title shot.

Danyelle Wolf is a case of too little, too late. I don't know why the heck she waited two years to make her debut, let alone against someone with much more MMA experience than her. At least she can say she survived to the final bell, Spencer (her original opponent) would've gotten the finish in the first two rounds.

I can't really criticize Dumont for calling out Perez. Options at 145 are next to none, she's gotta do what she can to remain active. Match them up, why not? Wolf vs Fairn, Dumont vs Perez.

If Amanda's trend of two fights per year continues, we'll probably hear from her soon. The December PPV needs title fights, Nunes vs Vieira/Aldana would make a cool co-main.

Talking about two fights per year, we should also be hearing from Valentina pretty soon too. I guess they'll throw in the most impressive winner of Chookagian/Fiorot and Grasso/Araujo with her, also at the December PPV. Unless Santos is healthy and they do Prochazka vs Texeira II, and Shevchenko vs Santos II in the same night.

Back