• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Divisions Discussion Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any of them UD her, think Randa or Jojo has a better chance at finishing PVZ.... Tecia plays it too safe
sorry dude,didnt make myself clear enough....I was meaning Randa & Jojo 30-27 Tecia across the board......PVZ gets a W too but I could see Torres getting a round.

sorry dude,didnt make myself clear enough....I was meaning Randa & Jojo 30-27 Tecia across the board......PVZ gets a W too but I could see Torres getting a round.
oh na, I think I probably just misread your post.... yeah I agree with that

Lols all around. PVZ isn't beating Torres anywhere, except a dark alley with a baseball bat, and only is she sneaks up on her.

No idea how to imbed a facebook vid:

Edit: just realized it is from last year. First time I saw it, though.

Her pro debut is Sunday (20th) against Karoline Moreira. Couldn't find any of Karoline's fights, but she's listed as being 18 years old & 2-0 on her fight finder profile.

Lols all around. PVZ isn't beating Torres anywhere, except a dark alley with a baseball bat, and only is she sneaks up on her.
your dislike for her or the hype surrounding her is well known.....but don't let that cloud things.....Torres isn't even average on a good day.

she's improve in those 3 years......aren't you aware fighters sometime avenge their losses ?

Yes, but Torres has improved as well. Really, PVZ still has glaring technical issues. While she might be more athletic than many, Torres is no slouch in that dept. either, and while lacking in power, is easily the better technical striker. By far.

Yes, but Torres has improved as well. Really, PVZ still has glaring technical issues. While she might be more athletic than many, Torres is no slouch in that dept. either, and while lacking in power, is easily the better technical striker. By far.

Seems like it would be a good fight. Both of those ladies are going to need to step it up, though. There are some very talented fighters trying out for TUF. A year from now, Torres and PVZ might be getting beat up by some newcomers. If only Paige can get her skills to match her tenacity...

she's improve in those 3 years......aren't you aware fighters sometime avenge their losses ?

I've never seen an MMA fighter avenge a loss against an opponent whom they landed zero offense on, and were dominated by the entire fight. Are you confusing being boring, with being just average? Ben Askren,/Jake Shields effect.

Seems like it would be a good fight. Both of those ladies are going to need to step it up, though. There are some very talented fighters trying out for TUF. A year from now, Torres and PVZ might be getting beat up by some newcomers. If only Paige can get her skills to match her tenacity...

I see Torres making more in the way of improvements than PVZ. PVZ showed a ton of heart the other night, but she has a long, long way to go. There are no more favorable match ups available for her. While Torres will probably never have great power, she is obviously working on rounding out her game. And she too seems to have cardio for days.

I do not see either one having a snowball's chance in hell against either CG or JJ. Would like to see Torres against JAG. JAG is not exactly an oversized straw-weight, and would be a real test for Torres. Both are fast, both have great cardio, and we all know JAG is a good wrestler.

Cannot edit:

Do not think there are any more favorable matches for PVZ in the top ten. She is the unfortunate victim of hype, because the UFC promoted her so hard, beyond what she was capable of delivering. Will be a tough sell to match her against a, say #15 ranked opponent.

your dislike for her or the hype surrounding her is well known.....but don't let that cloud things.....Torres isn't even average on a good day.

I'd say that, if anything, your obvious dislike of Torres is clouding your mind to her abilities and the improvements she's made. Her striking, footwork, defensive skills all out match those of PVZ. PVZ's best asset is cardio, and except in Mexico City, it's hard to argue against the cardio of Torres. A rematch goes the same as the first five fight.

I am so glad that back when I cut weight (about 20 years ago) I never had to do stupid photo/promotional shit. That has to really suck.

Yes,i do....that's a 100% troll free comment
That's crazy. Tecia would light her up on the feet. I don't see how she would take Tecia down. I don't think that hip toss would work, which is basically her only takedown.

Heh, I was expecting Kiefer Sutherland running in and tackling that christmas tree for some reason...

Kowalkiewicz vs. Markos should be fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El Diego
Back