• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Official Women's Divisions Discussion Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Namajunas cut her hair for charity?

Edit: I guess not:

"I could probably write a book on it," Namajunas said. "But (it's) just years and years of playing in sports, not just fighting, and always being a tomboy growing up and not really wanting to have to do my hair. I don't even know how to do it. I don't know, I've just got to put a whole bunch of product in and just, I want to just be able to wake up in the morning and feel pretty. Not have to do a whole bunch of crap. It's definitely just like shedding the past.

The worst part of the Invicta FC matchmaking is that they gave their 145 pound champ a match with a fighter they said would fight at 135 pounds when they signed her last June. And they have a 145 pounder fighting at the event. Although, since they announced the 145 pound fight for Igramova, they have added her to the 145 pound division on their website (she was no where before that).

I think that's Tecia Torres at Van Zant's press workout.

07fdbcc0-9eca-11e5-aa80-37f1cfa677b3_GettyImages-500473062_master.jpg

Angela Lee and Lena Tkhorevska are set to go head-to-head this Friday in Manila! Here's their story.

INVICTA FC 15 FULL CARD ANNOUNCED
Kristin | December 9, 2015 | News | No Comments
Women's MMA Roundup

http://wmmaroundup.com/blog/2015/12/invicta-fc-15-full-card-announced/

145 Title: Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino (14-1, 1 NC) vs. Daria Ibragimova (9-1)
115 Title: Livia Renata Souza (8-0) vs. DeAnna Bennett (8-0)
135: Raquel Pa’aluhi (5-4) vs. Colleen Schneider (9-6)
105: Amber Brown (5-1) vs. Lisa Ellis (15-10)
115: Jodie Esquibel (5-1) vs. Angela Hill (2-2)
115: Mizuki Inoue (9-4) vs. Lacey Schuckman (11-8)
145: Amanda Bell (3-3) vs. Ediane Gomes (10-4)
125: Christine Stanely (4-1) vs. Shannon Sinn (2-2)
145: Megan Anderson (4-2) vs. Amber Liebrock (1-0)

the only fights im really looking forward to on that card is mizuki and souza.
if ellis gets beat she should take the hint and retire, id like shannon sinn to get a win after her last fight but am not confident.
like jarl said, a lot of mismatches here.

Tecia Torres thinks she matches up well with winner of Namajunas vs. VanZant

I thought it was interesting that Tecia says she thinks of her fight with Rose as having been one of her toughest, and her fight with Paige as having been one of her easiest.

Well, Rose did have her in a deep armbar from a scramble, and was on top most of the 3rd round. Paige mostly went for a clinch, or got punched in the face.

Good for Andrea working on rounding out her game. Maybe she'll go the way of Pa'aluhi - another striker turned complete MMArtist - and improve by leaps and bounds.

Jarl

P.S. I should add to my last post - lots of finishes (and/or one-sided beatings that go on for three rounds).

P.P.S. @xhaydenx: agree completely about the Cyborg fight...and about Brown-Ellis (Why not Brown vs. Esquibel?)

On the podcast Kedzie said Esquibel wanted to go up to SW because the cut to AW was getting to difficult.

19 Year Old Hawaiian Prodigy Angela Lee Talks Island Scraps, Twister Subs and Creed

Polish Strawweight Lena Tkhorevska On Warsaw Vacations, Angela Lee Upsets and ONE Championship

Kailin Curran vs Emily Kagan (UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant)

UFN 80: Kailin Curran - "I want a rematch with Paige VanZant"

Angela Lee vs Lena Tkhorevska (ONE: SPIRIT OF CHAMPIONS)

Didn't see the fight but it sounds like Namajunas completely dominated Van Zant. The three Sherdog writers who were scoring the play-by-play gave out six 10-8 scores - 2 in the first, one in the 3rd, and all 3 scored it 10-8 in the fourth round.

Didn't see the fight but it sounds like Namajunas completely dominated Van Zant.

It was one-sided from start to finish. I could've sworn Paige's elbow came unhinged in one of Rose's armbar attempts. It was ugly. I don't think Rose is quite ready for a title shot, but people will definitely be looking forward to her future fights. She has greatly matured as a fighter. I think she would beat Carla Esparza in a rematch. LOTS of great potential fights for her in the future.
Not sure what might be next for Paige. She had NOTHING to offer tonight. Not standing, clinching, on the ground... She was the favorite. Lots of hype. What now?

^^^^ yep, PVZ got soundly beaten, congrats to Rose on a great perfromance.
Also want to point out what a gutsy performance it was from Paige, it's well worth the watch imo.
There's undoubtedly a lot of things in her arsenal that she'll need to work on going forward, heart isn't one of them.

Thanks for the above vids ReactQ .. looking forward to seeing how Angela Lee gets on in this outing

Glad to see Kailin getting the win tonight, might get to see her re-match PVZ at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back