Offroad/ 4 wheel drive thread

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Post your rigs, or rigs you hope to have one day!

fj.jpg

fj3.jpg

wrangl.jpg

Last edited:
Suzuki Samurai. Preferably with a spring over conversion and 33's. If you can't make it through an obstacle chances are this will squeeze around it. Get stuck and you can push it out. Cost about $1200 these days. If it breaks fuck it get another one.

this-87-suzuki-samurai-is-the-4x4-collectors-jeep-alternative.jpg

Suzuki Samurai. Preferably with a spring over conversion and 33's. If you can't make it through an obstacle chances are this will squeeze around it. Get stuck and you can push it out. Cost about $1200 these days. If it breaks fuck it get another one.

I had a buddy who had one, he loved it. How reliable are they?

Last one was made around 1995 or so. Reliable enough that you can still find them running with a stock motor(1.3L). Frame rust is a big issue. To be expected on a 20-30 year old 4x4.

Had a 2001 Tacoma, just upgraded to an 18. Will be taking it off road this summer. Need to break it in.

Make sure to buy a Samurai and not a Sidekick. The bodies on most Sidekicks are swiss cheese by now though.

How much extra articulation do you get from a coil over conversion?

My beemer is 4 wheel drive

X drive to be exact

And it's wank

We call them Suzuki somersaults because they tip over so often.

I used to have a Suzuki Vitara.

Cheap, reliable and fun.

How much extra articulation do you get from a coil over conversion?

That would depend on the length of coils. I've seen some insane builds. Most extend the wheelbase for stability.

003a-suzuki-samurai-front-suspension.jpg

We call them Suzuki somersaults because they tip over so often.

The wheelbase is comically short. Makes for some good drama.

That would depend on the length of coils. I've seen some insane builds. Most extend the wheelbase for stability.

003a-suzuki-samurai-front-suspension.jpg

The wheelbase is comically short. Makes for some good drama.

I didn't think you were talking about a radical swap. Do they use Dana 44's on those?
Did you see they're bringing back the Bronco? The Ranger was revealed and they're supposed to be built on the same platform.

I didn't think you were talking about a radical swap. Do they use Dana 44's on those?
Did you see they're bringing back the Bronco? The Ranger was revealed and they're supposed to be built on the same platform.

LOL yeah I picked a crazy pic here's a "Bolt on" coil conversion.

artlilley.jpg

The axles are smaller than Dana 44's. They're okay but the housing can bend without a truss.

Saw the new Ranger which looks sick but didn't know about the Bronco. Those old school Broncos are so cool.

My first car was a Toyota 4x4 long bed, sold it in 1990. I still miss that ride.

Back