Oh Iaquinta? 'He's just a realtor.'

I like Al, but im not sure i want to buy a house from someone who would potentially beat my ass if i don't agree to his price.
gets you alone in the house pins you in the corner and makes you sign shit . <45>

You people need to stop treating Iaquinta as if he's an old ass out of shape realtor and not an elite level mixed martial artist. The people that claim Khabib is a paper champion for beating Iaquinta are extremely stupid. What is he supposed to do? Tony pulls out, Holloway is out, Conor doesn't take the fight, so Khabib should just say fuck it I don't need the title, I'll let Conor keep it til Tony recovers?

'Khabib couldn't finish a realtor'
So bitch 'a plumber' came to the sport and became the highest paid fighter, won two belts at different weights simultaneously and got to make over 100 mil boxing Floyd Mayweather.
See how fucking stupid it sounds?

I am venting just a tiny bit, but this has been bothering me ever since the fight and it had to be said.

Brett Rogers wants to change your tire and give you some new lube.

giphy.gif
That isn't mj that isn't mj that isn't mj

Got a feeling Al will be putting his realtor career on the back burner and getting a new UFC contract soon. Good for him, exposing Khabib like he did.

Al was also super short notice. As you said that's not Khabib's fault, but it wasn't the most convincing opponent to be considered the undisputed best fighter in the division.

Right, but the paper champ thing is lame too because Khabib beat everybody that was in front of him. If Conor shows no interest in defending his belt, then there comes a time where you gotta say, well it's no longer his belt. If Ferg fight falls through four times, then waiting on that one to happen before crowning the next champion just seems asinine.

Iaquinta is very good. I've thought since maybe 2015 or so that he could legit be one of the top guys in the division if we saw more of him. Big win for Khabib. Again, not the best title fight out there, but, given the circumstances- many props to Al for showing up and saving the main event and to Khabib for winning dominantly.

It's the same reason it irks me that some people still ridiculously call DC a paper champ because he never beat Jones. That's all well and good, but if we wait till Jones fights again in the USADA era, we'll be waiting a long time.

If the champ can't defend the belt, he doesn't stay the champ. If the champ gets popped, he's no longer the champ.

Khabib fans are a little extreme. One might say they're extremists?

{<redford}

I'm not going to lie, this made me legit laugh

"Khabib couldn't finish a realtor'
So 'a plumber' came to the sport and became the highest paid fighter, won two belts at different weights simultaneously and got to make over 100 mil boxing Floyd Mayweather.
See how fucking stupid it sounds?"

You kind of have a point.

But Iaquinta is still a real estate agent

Conor stopped being a plumber to persue MMA and dedicated his life to martial arts mastery..its one of the most beautiful rags to riches story in history.

You can't compare it.

People say that about Iaquinta because Iaquinta is literally a part time fighter. He still does real estate. Iaquinta refuses to dedicate his life to MMA.

There's also another reason why. I highlighted the post below, because my response is perfect to talk about that reason

Al was also super short notice. As you said that's not Khabib's fault, but it wasn't the most convincing opponent to be considered the undisputed best fighter in the division.

It's the fact that the UFC crowned Khabib the "undisputed" champ for that win. Nothing excuses that B.S

If it were simply am interium title or a normal fight, no one would criticise. It would simply be looked at as a decent win for Khabib on short notice against a game opponent

But when people try to act like Khabib beat some elite fighter or that Khabib is now the "undisputed champ"

It's like, calm down Khabib beat a #11 ranked "real estate agent"...Conor is still the real champ

Everyone is just upset that Khabib is always catered to and was gifted a fake paper belt - and that because when Conor the real champ was stripped, it destroyed the real lineage of LW title history. Conor must beat Khabib to restore the lineage

I don't think that's the criticism. It's that he couldn't finish him despite having a huge grappling advantage and putting him in bad positions.
maybe Al just mastered his white belt fundamentals? He hasn't been submitted in almost 4 years

Back