Ok- it's been a week. Johnny Eblen couldn't finish .....

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
an imposter of " Gegard Mousasi ". The alter ego of moose , Gegard toococky , reared its ugly head in the states last week.
Listen - I've been saying to UFC shills that Eblen and Tokov would be top 10 products in UFC....and for awhile now. I respect Michael Brown 1000% as a trainer and having an eye for talent.

Ironically, the last time I saw the split( personality) was against king mo 12 years ago as" toococky " scoffed at the decorated wrestling of Lawal. He payed the price as mo tried to make love to the dutchman and you can't win a fight on your back for the better part of 25.... even though mo wore the damage and couldn't pass guard once , not once, over 758 takedowns.

A loss is a loss and toococky , 24 at the time, took it and rose as lawal immediately lost title and , well , we know the rest.

Toococky came into fight week with alot of ambiguity. He said alot of right things and said alot of head scratching things. I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that the alter ego came in 24 pounds heavy a day before weigh ins. That's no embellishment- 24 pounds.

Explains alot as we saw a dead flatfooted toococky with his chin in the air get hurt in the first and fought with his mouth open for rest of fight.

I cant blame Eblen for his confidence before and after fight as " experts" weren't giving him a chance. However , for him to try and clown toococky in the final frame BACKING AWAY after popping a statue is kind of amusing. In fact, you really couldn't even tell if toococky was even in a fight.

Unfortunately, Mousasi turns 37 in weeks and given his lead up verbiage to B 282- who knows what comes next or even " if".
As I'll echo D.Lima and other peers before fight week. " Gegard Mousasi is one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived"
Johnny Eblen didnt fight that guy .

Mousasi has never lost 2 in a row over 2 decades of fighting and unless he admits himself that " he got old overnight", I'm anxious to see what he says.

Eblen lacks " real power" and doesnt own many tools in the jj toolbox. He has great hands ( quick) and a great wrestling base to sit on.He says it's his division and hes the best middleweight in world. Yeah, we'll see . Eblen will come in the betting favorite if Mousasi wishes a re match and I can only hope the alter ego of moose hasn't done mental damage. Lol, physically, hes fine ( unless we find out hes not ).

It is just unacceptable to have a guy named Johnny Eblem as the MW champion. They should either schedule an immediate rematch or give Mousasi the belt back on the grounds that Jimmy Eblen is completely unmarketable and couldn't finish a can of soda pop, let alone Mousasi.

Mousasi is their biggest name on the roster and nobody has ever heard of Joey Ebsen, who should be stripped of the title and fed to Romero.

It is just unacceptable to have a guy named Johnny Eblem as the MW champion. They should either schedule an immediate rematch or give Mousasi the belt back on the grounds that Jimmy Eblen is completely unmarketable and couldn't finish a can of soda pop, let alone Mousasi.

Mousasi is their biggest name on the roster and nobody has ever heard of Joey Ebsen, who should be stripped of the title and fed to Romero.
He should call himself Johnny Bedlam

It was a tough loss. But I think Mousasi has earned the right to have an “off night” for at least 1 fight in his career. This is one of those cross roads gut check fights where it could be the end for him or he was just having a bad night, overlooked Eblen etc. I think the most logical thing to do is to run this shit back and see if it was for real. If I’m bellator, I’m doing this again in Milan in October to get to the bottom of this thing.

It was a tough loss. But I think Mousasi has earned the right to have an “off night” for at least 1 fight in his career. This is one of those cross roads gut check fights where it could be the end for him or he was just having a bad night, overlooked Eblen etc. I think the most logical thing to do is to run this shit back and see if it was for real. If I’m bellator, I’m doing this again in Milan in October to get to the bottom of this thing.

Tokov should get the next shot. I don't think it warranted an immediate rematch.

Tokov should get the next shot. I don't think it warranted an immediate rematch.
I can see them going in that direction as well. Wouldn’t be undeserved. To me, if they don’t do that rematch instantly it’s cause Mousasi didn’t ask for it. If he didn’t ask for it, I don’t know if that fire is still there in him. Which could mean the beginning of the end.

I can see them going in that direction as well. Wouldn’t be undeserved. To me, if they don’t do that rematch instantly it’s cause Mousasi didn’t ask for it. If he didn’t ask for it, I don’t know if that fire is still there in him. Which could mean the beginning of the end.

Tbf even if he's not that motivated he can still beat most of the Bellator MWs

Tbf even if he's not that motivated he can still beat most of the Bellator MWs
That was true for him being the champ as well until Eblen came along. But I knew Eblen was special a long time ago. He really is all-in on this mma gig. It should be a wake up call for Mousasi. Clock is ticking and the gap is closing. Either he steps up his game or he could end up getting hurt or losing to guys he has no business losing to.

I think you should write this out in your own blood and mail it to Gegard. (or just leave the bush outside his house and put it through his mailbox yourself).
Naaa.
I'm just saying what he wants to say but to much a stand up guy to say it. He disrespected the sport ( well , his split did) and this is what happens.
It is what it is .
Eblen legit but he'll get cracked or subbed after a defense or 2 , he'll come back - win - and then lose again. He'll have a nice little career in BMMA.

The guy hadn't lost a legitimate fight since 2015. The fight was a shutout but he wasnt ko-ed nor did he take any damage ( as in visible ).
Who died and made u Elvis.

It was an embarrassing loss but there were factors behind it. Hey, Gegard says hes not the same ( basically overnight) then I have no legs to stand on .

That was true for him being the champ as well until Eblen came along. But I knew Eblen was special a long time ago. He really is all-in on this mma gig. It should be a wake up call for Mousasi. Clock is ticking and the gap is closing. Either he steps up his game or he could end up getting hurt or losing to guys he has no business losing to.
This is fair and hes nearing the end as he has admitted and Eblen is very good but hes not what the champ made him out to be. I mean - John Salter chose to stand with Eblen for 3 rounds. John , an aging veteran with zero offense lost all 3 rounds but took everything Eblen threw and was never rocked . This - another problem for GM( he basically put him a notch above Salter - a big mistake ). This is why its frustrating being a mousasi supporter. I admit-

I get that you're a Mousasi fan but I've always found it interesting how when a fighter leaves the UFC and isn't considered washed, there are always excuses made for losses or when they look bad. Mousasi is the poster child though. He looked bad against Shlemenko due to having only one eye, even though Shlemenko was the one to close it. He was unmotivated against a juicy Lovato Jr. Now he was too cocky against Eblen. The real Mousasi is the one who wins. The rest is written off.

Those who went to ONE were purposely booked against larger opponents. On a similar note, Horiguchi was going to win the GP, until he fought a weight bully in Mix. People would have taken his loss against Pettis much worse if it wasn't against a former UFC guy.

No one is really a Bader fan but when he was the ex-UFC guy putting the "lesser fighters" in their place, no one said anything. The moment Nemkov landed the head kick, Bader became elderly.

I get that you're a Mousasi fan but I've always found it interesting how when a fighter leaves the UFC and isn't considered washed, there are always excuses made for losses or when they look bad. Mousasi is the poster child though. He looked bad against Shlemenko due to having only one eye, even though Shlemenko was the one to close it. He was unmotivated against a juicy Lovato Jr. Now he was too cocky against Eblen. The real Mousasi is the one who wins. The rest is written off.

Those who went to ONE were purposely booked against larger opponents. On a similar note, Horiguchi was going to win the GP, until he fought a weight bully in Mix. People would have taken his loss against Pettis much worse if it wasn't against a former UFC guy.

No one is really a Bader fan but when he was the ex-UFC guy putting the "lesser fighters" in their place, no one said anything. The moment Nemkov landed the head kick, Bader became elderly.
Bader is 39 years old and was 37 when he lost. He certainly did not become "elderly" in one "moment".

Back