Older WWF Era Was Incredible

nonoob

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The pinnacle of wrestling was from the late 90's until the non-PC people took over.
Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, Booker T, Gold Dust, The Godfather, and so many others were all a part of the insane and funny promos and skits. Vince's hospital stay with Stone Cold was great. When Booker T and Gold Dust partnered, it had humor in and out of the ring.
Enjoy !

Remember when Schultz slapped Stossel? I feel that's when the Attitude Era really took off.

drd.jpg

I thought we were better than the Heavies when it came to taking care of new folks in the PWD...

....no matter how wrong they are and how short the bus they ride in on is!

Pay your dues kid!

Yeah, the Attitude Era is typically thought of as like 97-02. November 97 thru May 02 I think more specifically.

Cena killed it and Ruthless Aggression, then PG became a thing.

Dr of Thuganomics was distinctively not Attitude Era.

[QUOTE="My Spot, ]Neither one of those clips is from the Attitude Era...[/QUOTE]
Thanks, sure thought it was, title changed.​
[QUOTE="BEAST, ]Remember when Schultz slapped Stossel?[/QUOTE]
Yes, and that proved FAFO.​
[QUOTE="Thrawn33, ]Pay your dues kid![/QUOTE]
Tryin' to - shoulda checked the dates before posting this one.​

Tryin' to - shoulda checked the dates before posting this one.
End of Attitude Era is kinda easy to remember.

One of Cena's very first promos, maybe even the first, he says he's bringing Ruthless Aggression... and that pretty much ended the AE and started the Ruthless Aggression era.

I think a week or two before Cena cut that promo, Vince may have also used the term in ring during a promo of his own. Either way, Cena's start and AE's end go hand in hand.

(I'm broadstroking. May be some details missed)

End of Attitude Era is kinda easy to remember.

One of Cena's very first promos, maybe even the first, he says he's bringing Ruthless Aggression... and that pretty much ended the AE and started the Ruthless Aggression era.

I think a week or two before Cena cut that promo, Vince may have also used the term in ring during a promo of his own. Either way, Cena's start and AE's end go hand in hand.

(I'm broadstroking. May be some details missed)
Nah, the Attitude Era DVD ended with WM17.

Nah I gotcha, I thought you meant it was later than what I had said.

that May 2002 date was when they stopped actually using that name in promotional material.

I guess you could say it ended spiritually then (wm17 when Austin went heel) , can't argue that. On paper though Ruthless Aggression came in May/June 02, with Vince and Cena, killing it officially.
The company officially ceased its "Attitude" promotion on May 6, 2002, when the usage of the initials "WWF" became prohibited as the result of a legal battle between the company and the World Wildlife Fund.

other places cite the end of the monday night wars as the end of the AE, so maybe it's better to say Cena was the arrival of the next era, not exactly the death of the former.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back