Media Oleksandr Usyk in tears after undisputed win remembering father in emotional moment

I just watched this one and it moves me to tears. I am not close with my father at all but this video makes me think of my Mother.

I was a gymnast. My father was my coach and I lost him when i was a kid. I did a competition without him that I wish he would have been there for.

So when I see athletes deal with their father's loss it especially hits me in the feels.

Full Hespect. Not much imho is manlier than allowing tears to be shed from past healthy memories.

Reactions: HHJ
How can anyone not love Usyk. Seems like such a genuinely good and humble guy.

The crowd. They kept clapping every time he started to cry. Just seemed a bit much.
I think they were just trying to will him to power through it, not applaud him for the act of crying.

I think they were just trying to will him to power through it, not applaud him for the act of crying.
Next time my girlfriend has a PMS inspired sobbing fit I’ll give her a standing ovation.

His dad passed away shortly after he won Olympic gold. He always sheds tears when the subject is brought up.

Back