Olympics Megathread

USA very unlucky in the sevens.
Can’t look past Fiji or New Zealand for the gold but anything can happen

Not really . Rookie mistake to make in sevens and they got punished for it . Top teams don’t make those kinds of mistakes, because in sevens that’s the difference between winning and losing .

Not only that, but Biles has been thrust forward to become the face of USA Gymnastics, an organization that, over the past three years, has been known for sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and verbal abuse of minors.

She should get a pass for her actions today.

She should absolutely get a pass. If your mental strength isn’t there, it’s not there. It’s a mark against your greatness as an athlete, but not your worth as a person — and doesn’t detract from what she already accomplished.

Our trash media, which anointed her our savior, shouldn’t get a pass though.

LMAO @ her poverty medals.
She's not even top 10 in the Olympics rank.
number 1 has like 17 Olympic medals and biles has 6.
meh. regardless, the last part that you didn't quote still stands.

She should absolutely get a pass. If your mental strength isn’t there, it’s not there. It’s a mark against your greatness as an athlete, but not your worth as a person — and doesn’t detract from what she already accomplished.

Our trash media, which anointed her our savior, shouldn’t get a pass though.

yeah dog we aren't saying she's not worth it as a person, we're saying she's a let down as what she walked away from, and that's competing.

Not really . Rookie mistake to make in sevens and they got punished for it . Top teams don’t make those kinds of mistakes, because in sevens that’s the difference between winning and losing .

Which mistake are you talking about? The deliberate knock on which lead to the yellow card?

I was referring more to the multiple contentious decisions from the referee which didn’t go their way.

no diss, but there's not one gold medal winner in the Olympics that thinks like this.
which is why they are a gold medal winner.
I get that but many of these athletes are total head cases. They achieve great things in spite of that. The idea that they are all stone cold killers with pure ice in their veins isn’t true.

I get that but many of these athletes are total head cases. They achieve great things in spite of that. The idea that they are all stone cold killers with pure ice in their veins isn’t true.
some are.
others rely on their superior physical attributes while being headcases
what they achieve in spite of that is what should be celebrated.

I can only imagine the narrative had she gone out and performed horribly instead. I'm sure she was already hearing it after her preliminary performances.

Which mistake are you talking about? The deliberate knock on which lead to the yellow card?

I was referring more to the multiple contentious decisions from the referee which didn’t go their way.
Ah I see . I thought you were talking about the yellow card.

I can only imagine the narrative had she gone out and performed horribly instead. I'm sure she was already hearing it after her preliminary performances.
Narrative? You mean acting like an adult and performing against your competitors in the competition you entered?

she’s bought into the ridiculous media hype and is probably the most arrogant person to ever compete in gymnastics history.

She wasnt performing up to par and knew she couldn’t back up her big mouth so she turned tail and ran away.

something that a real champion and competitor doesn’t do

Oh poor me I can’t be beaten there aren’t scores high enough for me I’m so much better than all these peons it’s so hard for me to be so amazing

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So you feel she ducked the olympic finals to save face?

This will be Biles' "No Mas" moment. She trained with the team, made the Olympic trip, and then at the moment of truth, flat out quit because "she wasn't feeling it." She is being excoriated across the net today so fast mods can barely contain the vitriol.

1627416230515.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So what? Phelps was the face of USA Swimming, and he still managed to compete in four Olympics and do just fine in them. Never stopped mid-race, never let his team down.

You clearly didn't read my entire post OR you are purposely mischaracterising what I typed.

USA Gymnastics is a cesspool of filth where sexual abuse was rampant. To combat the bad PR, Biles was pushed to be the face of the organization. The same could not be said for Phelps and USA Swimming.

Back