O'Malley is silencing critics every step of the way

Why do you assume people don't 'enjoy his fights' or whatever it is you think people do or don't do I. Regards.to omalley Several people here have flat out said the guy is talented in the cage. That doesn't mean we have to like him. I'm not sure why you or anyone else is having such a hard time understanding this concept. And as I've said in other threads: he chose to act this way. It's a choice
He made himself unlikable and now a majority of fans watch to see if he'll lose. That's his fault. His skill as a fighter has absolutely nothing to do with that.
If you're not judging him on his appearance, what should he do differently to be "likeable" to you, in your opinion?

I just don't care anymore, I only want to see the best fights and thats it.

Back in the day I used to watch outside of fighting stuff and lots of interviews etc etc, and that showed their personality a lot. But since I got older and longer in the tooth I just don't care, a lot of it is an act and made up for the cameras as well. I barely ever watch the press conferences now as well.

As a fighter he is skilled, fast and very accurate. He still has a long way to go though. only just getting started really.
Same. The man-drama gets less appealing the older you get.

his striking is top notch that can’t be disputed, I’m very interested to see how he deals with Merab tho. He was visibly tired last night after the Vera fight and that was a fight Suga dictated the pace. How will he handle Merabs chain wrestling?

Sean’s grappling impressed me in the Yan fight ( I do think he lost that fight tho) but Merab man handled Yan fairly easy.

I guess it goes without saying but Sean will need to finish Merab early imo. The longer the fight goes I believe the chain wrestling and Suga’s gas tank could cost him.

Seriously, the man is insanely good at fighting.

Fast, accurate, creative, insane repetoir of techniques, angles, footwork... the man can do everything.

He would be a beloved figure here, if it wasnt for his cross dressing and pimping his wife out to other men. Admit it.
Show me a photo of him wearing girl clothes

his striking is top notch that can’t be disputed, I’m very interested to see how he deals with Merab tho. He was visibly tired last night after the Vera fight and that was a fight Suga dictated the pace. How will he handle Merabs chain wrestling?

Sean’s grappling impressed me in the Yan fight ( I do think he lost that fight tho) but Merab man handled Yan fairly easy.

I guess it goes without saying but Sean will need to finish Merab early imo. The longer the fight goes I believe the chain wrestling and Suga’s gas tank could cost him.
I agree with this. I’m interested too. It also goes both ways. Merab has to be careful of those strikes. A knee up the middle could end things quick.

If you're not judging him on his appearance, what should he do differently to be "likeable" to you, in your opinion?

for me he'd have to change his entire personality, and Im realistic enough to know that probably isnt going to happen. Some people just have a personality like that, and I believe he's one of them. I dont think it's an act like Colby. Some people like that jerkish cocky guy some people dont. I was a huge fan of the Diaz Bros - Nick more so than nate. Those guys arent some peoples cup of tea. I understand thou that people are gunna say wild shit about Nick but he gogoplata'ed someone with enough weed in his system to down an elephant and nothing can be said by someone who dislikes his personality that is gunna take away from his skills in the cage.

Omally is a skilled guy. There I said it. Outside of the chito fights, and that one fight against the can who he couldnt rock, he's provided some pretty good highlights. I still dont like him, and it takes away from the excitement of 'seeing him fight' etc. Thats ok thou, im still going to watch because I want to see him get humbled.

He’s incredible. I love him. How can you not enjoy watching that! Forget everything else, the fact that Cheeto is an up and down fighter (albeit an insanely durable one), the stoopid hair and cringy tsttoos, the guy is a striking wizard and it’s poetry in the octagon. Y’all know that even if you don’t admit it.

I agree with this. I’m interested too. It also goes both ways. Merab has to be careful of those strikes. A knee up the middle could end things quick.

Definitely. Henry stung Merab early in their fight and obviously if Henry can, so can Sean. Merab needs close to distance quick but carefully too.

Fast, accurate, creative, insane repetoir of techniques, angles, footwork... the man can do everything.

He would be a beloved figure here, if it wasnt for his cross dressing and pimping his wife out to other men. Admit it.

"If this guy was completely different you would have different opinions of him" is certainly an interesting point

for me he'd have to change his entire personality, and Im realistic enough to know that probably isnt going to happen. Some people just have a personality like that, and I believe he's one of them. I dont think it's an act like Colby. Some people like that jerkish cocky guy some people dont. I was a huge fan of the Diaz Bros - Nick more so than nate. Those guys arent some peoples cup of tea. I understand thou that people are gunna say wild shit about Nick but he gogoplata'ed someone with enough weed in his system to down an elephant and nothing can be said by someone who dislikes his personality that is gunna take away from his skills in the cage.

Omally is a skilled guy. There I said it. Outside of the chito fights, and that one fight against the can who he couldnt rock, he's provided some pretty good highlights. I still dont like him, and it takes away from the excitement of 'seeing him fight' etc. Thats ok thou, im still going to watch because I want to see him get humbled.

The guy is not only supremely skilled, he’s got balls for days. Ilia fuckingToouria. He’s not trying to hang on to his belt at all costs and he’s not scared to move up against greaseball at 145. He’s also more humble than you think. He’s honest and says what he things which takes some courage and confidence. Shame you can’t enjoy him fight, but your loss!

Why give a shit about good likable guys like GSP, Giblert Burns, Maia or Wonderboy then?

Yet people do. That's normal

Last edited by a moderator:
Big cap… If Sandhagen had pink hair and face tats yall would be glazing him so hard.

i
Lol this is like the only angle of cory where you can’t see his tats

people were sucking him off after yesterday's performance, literally the day before, there was an influx of circle jerks on here saying that chito was gonna pull through. basically, mma fans have the memory of a goldfish and will switch up on fighters based on their most recent performances.

My problems with him comes from more then just how he looks ...

1)He didnt beat Yan
2) ref gave him the title against aljo
3) He's popped for drugs
4) The first thing he did becoming champion was not facing the Number 1 contender and after winning that fight wants to leave the division lmfao

Then u can add all the pink hair...and open relationship life shit ..

He’s a great striker and I appreciate his skillset, but don’t really care for him personally.
People are allowed to not like everything about someone.

Worship is a strong word for it, but you are basically right. I have enough self-awareness to know that my dislike of his personal style interferes with my ability to analyze and appreciate his fighting skills.

Skill-wise O'Malley is 100% legit, probably the best striker in the UFC and tested against the grappling talents of Aljo and Petr Yan (O'Malley beat Petr R1+R3)

A lot of people on this forum were picking Chito to win. It's nothing but pure hate. It's clear that O'Malley is the best fighter at 135 pounds. Maybe after 1 more title defense, O'Malley can fight Ilia.

He is a very good fighter.

He already has the belt. He's the champion.

It doesn't matter to me whether he is or becomes a "superstar".

What is the difference between a champion and a "superstar" champion?
The difference is behavior and activity outside the ring.
Outside the ring, O'Malley is Mr. Weed with car and hair. He has a wife who loves him, and at a minimum, he advertises that he fucks around on her. At a minimum.
If that is what it takes to achieve superstardom, then superstardom sucks.

I don't think of him as a superstar. He's a jackass.

Dude can fight tho.

Back