One fighter looked exhausted and beat up at the end of the fight

It's a fight, not a photo shoot

How you look at the end of a fight is irrelevant.

This is the same argument idiots made back in the day for the GSP vs Penn fight

Volk won the fight (more damage done overall, on top and beating Islam up by the end), Islam was given a decision based on control time which is not the modern scoring criteria. Regardless, the lasting memory was him watching the clock in terror, waiting to be saved by the bell, while getting beaten up by a smaller man.

FoyC2CbXgAE1JOU

Volk is still #1 P4P, went in there with all the disadvantages against him, took the fight to him, went through adversity, and the end of the fight was Islam scared and panicking on his back, desperately looking at the clock and praying he survives the round.

FoyDWs_WIAAW3aK

That’s not the face of a winner and #1 P4P fighter, that face says it’s a Volk win, and Volk is still #1 because if he was the same size as Islam he likely TKOs him in that final minute. Everyone knows this was a bad look for Islam, including Khabib and Islam themselves when they watch it back and see this uncharacteristic fear and weakness. Volk wins, deal with it.

Tell me you don't know jack fucking squantum about scoring a fight by talking about what mf's look like after the fight

Too bad appearance isn’t a judging criteria.

And the other lost more rounds.

Something, ain't it?

oh arbitrary rules now. i'm talking about the fight dumbass. islams face is busted, volk is fine. keep hugging islams nuts.

He didn't win clearly at all.
Volk out struck Islam in both total ( 164 to 95 ) and significant (70 to 57) strikes.

Volk did much more damage, it was blatant at the end of the fight and even more apparent during Islam's interview Back stage, he was beat up, bruised and lumpy.

Volk had one minor cut, simple as that.

Islam had 4 take downs and Volk had 0.
Both fighters had ZERO submission attempts. I repeat ZERO.

Check for yourself... https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-284#10259

Your telling people to stop watching MMA when you talk as if you didn't even pay attention to this fight.

Lying out your ass is a real bad look when you're trying to make a point.

@BigGucci

I like how your talking about zero submission attempts when islam was attempting a neck crank.

No one gives a shit about total stats, we know volk was wobbled at least twice by Islam vs only one time the other way around.

I didn't tell anyone stop watching mma, I said it was a pretty clear 3-2. Don't @ me with goofy shit like this.

The only real opportunity Volk had to hurt Islam was when he was stuck in a body triangle he couldnt get out of and Islam's head was right where Volk needed it to be. Let that sink in.

Round 3 and 5 were clearly Volk's and Round 4 was clearly Islam's...Round 1 and 2 were very close.

When the smaller fighter goes up in weight and beats the champion down like he did in the last round, you can't help but feel like he deserved the fight.

I think most people are leaving this fight thinking that Volk is the better fighter. No disrespect to Islam either, he fought a really good fight.
I think it's just this.

I 100% think Volk looked like he was the superior fighter. Wether he won or not is up for debate, but anyone thinking that islam looked like the better fighter is delusional.

Yeah right. It was a clear 3-2 or 4-1 for volk. Volk hit Islam 50 times when Islam had his back. I never seen so many people boo a decision. Volk got robbed and everyone knows it

Lol

Back