One for the UK fans who pay for BT Sport......

I phoned BT when heard about this as I saw on a Facebook page some were saying BT were crediting a few who complained enough to cover the first couple PPVs but the rep said it was nonsense,who knows but I will try again.
I’ve had BT Sport from the day it started when it was free with BT broadband and only kept it when they started charging because of the UFC .
I also have a firestick and the Tyson Fury fight was on it on bt box office a couple weeks ago no issues except the fact there was no way of recording it to watch next morning .
It’s a great card this weekend but I won’t be paying in the hope many others don’t and they tank this silly idea

I’m going to write to BT to complain about this. Got BT sports specifically to watch UFC and now they’re making us pay for it. Fair enough if they did it for a McGregor fight where there would be a big casual audience, but for fuck sake. There is no chance I am paying for this on top of my subscription.
Yeah it seems kind of crazy they would expect you to buy a PPV that starts at 5 in the morning or whatever it is.

I used to think it was fucked up only us in North America had to buy PPVs until I thought about it that way.

Here its catered to us so we can make an evening out of it ( especially in the west) but who the fuck wants to get together for a fight party that starts that early on a Sunday morning and who wants to spend 70 bucks on something they actually have to inconvenience themselves to see, lol.

I haven't stopped up for an event in years. Normally watch Sunday lunch after playing 5 a side. I don't know anybody else who watches it, mates or people I work with. Think ppv will tank.

I’m going to write to BT to complain about this. Got BT sports specifically to watch UFC and now they’re making us pay for it. Fair enough if they did it for a McGregor fight where there would be a big casual audience, but for fuck sake. There is no chance I am paying for this on top of my subscription.
People have already been bombarding them on Twitter and basically every other form of social media

Not going to pay for it and will probably cancel Virgin/BT and go to a broadband only providor.

BT clearly over paid for the rights and there is no way they will deviate from the PPV model now.

I have complained to BT sport and am waiting on their response (nearly 2 weeks now I’d say).

It’s a breach of contract in my mind as I left BT when it went to eleven sports for that short period of time and I rejoined when it came back. BT accept that this shows that my only reason for buying is to watch the UFC.

On this basis, I am arguing that changing this to PPV materially alters the agreement we made.

They said so far that they can change the “content” whenever they like so long as they still provide some UFC.

I have gone back by saying that’s like Sky sports losing the rights to the Premier League and replacing it with Sunday league football but staying it is still the same sport.

The PPVs is the true sport whereas the smaller fight nights are becoming more like Sunday league with maybe one or two decent fights on.

Not paying on top of my subscription at all.

I think it’s only the numbered ufcs that are ppv. If not I’ll ditch it. No one is going to pay a for ufc Ppvs that Start at 3am

View attachment 609835 Who’s going to pay the PPV charge to watch UFC 239?

And if you’re not paying it.....are you previously law abiding citizens considering a cheeky stream?

I think I might have to get of my moral high horse and jump on you tube in the morn!!!

Just going to miss it. Will get a good nights sleep on Saturday for a change.

I think it’s only the numbered ufcs that are ppv. If not I’ll ditch it. No one is going to pay a for ufc Ppvs that Start at 3am

Currently it appears only a select few of the "numbered" shows are going to be PPV so we still get the rest, plus all the fight night cards.

I won't be paying, just find a way to watch the PPV's the following morning online & hope that's what the majority of fans do & BT quickly give up this PPV idea. From the negative press & cancellations they are receiving from this, plus the minimal PPV buys this must have seriously backfired on the company.

I got BT just for the UFC and I pay monthly for the fight pass. And now on top of that they want me to pay an extra £20 per event? Thats like £60 a month extra for whats now mostly filler.

I think this is one of those decisions made in a board room where people with suits have said "If we charge £20 per event we could make an extra X amount!" but in reality no one is going to pay for it and BT will have a wave of cancellations.

its pretty funny reading all the whining going on in here..."oh i already pay 40 bucks a month ...i aint paying another 20" lol yeah eh? because we over in the US and Canada havent been paying that already for years... "im not paying to watch something not available at a reasonable time" we in Canada and the US already went thru this as well....quite a few years ago when Pride was a thing...."but but but BT already costs 40bucks a month" yeah and how many other sports do you get to watch on it?((doesnt matter if you dont, the point is that youre getting fights+...whereas we only ever got fights for that same price))

I dont agree that any of these events should be PPV anymore outside of like a once a year mega card they put together, until they start charging places like mexico and brazil the same pricing we get charged .....then they should just do away with it.....we have to pay simply because they know we will.....they dont make mexicans and brazilians pay because they know its not going to work out

its pretty funny reading all the whining going on in here..."oh i already pay 40 bucks a month ...i aint paying another 20" lol yeah eh? because we over in the US and Canada havent been paying that already for years... "im not paying to watch something not available at a reasonable time" we in Canada and the US already went thru this as well....quite a few years ago when Pride was a thing...."but but but BT already costs 40bucks a month" yeah and how many other sports do you get to watch on it?((doesnt matter if you dont, the point is that youre getting fights+...whereas we only ever got fights for that same price))

I dont agree that any of these events should be PPV anymore outside of like a once a year mega card they put together, until they start charging places like mexico and brazil the same pricing we get charged .....then they should just do away with it.....we have to pay simply because they know we will.....they dont make mexicans and brazilians pay because they know its not going to work out

It starts at 3am in Britain so how many people do you think will pay ppvs. If it started at 9pm or before like it does in North America people would be more inclined to pay it

I doubt the revenue from this PPV even covers half of the missed revenue from cancelled subscripitons. BT have severely underestimated the amount of people already paying them money on a monthly basis just for the UFC.

Not going to pay for it and will probably cancel Virgin/BT and go to a broadband only providor.

BT clearly over paid for the rights and there is no way they will deviate from the PPV model now.
I'm thinking of cancelling as well, but apparently it is only a select few PPV's they will be doing it to

So I shall wait and see what happens after this one

They literally had an advert saying that they're going to continue to show all events for free. Bunch of twats at BT.

Sounds like you have the character of a bitch. You put people down for streaming, and then the second you have to pay, you stream yourself. Funny and typical.

Back