One judge gave Whitaker round 1

I did too, Whitaker had recovered from that kick within seconds, yes - before the bell. it did not do enough to negate what Whitaker had done for the rest of that round.
It was easily enough to steal the round.
Easily
Whitaker was damn near out

So the question is....
You a Costa hater?
Or a Whitaker lover?

It was easily enough to steal the round.
Easily
Whitaker was damn near out

So the question is....
You a Costa hater?
Or a Whitaker lover?
What a complete load of bullshit, he was standing strong, returning combinations and walked to his corner without a single wobble.

Check my post history - I'm neither. How about you?

What a complete load of bullshit, he was standing strong, returning combinations and walked to his corner without a single wobble.

Check my post history - I'm neither. How about you?
Whitaker won rounds 2 and 3 so he wins the fight regardless
I'm just saying there's no way he should have won round 1
I happen to think Costa is a giant D bag and Whitaker is a absolute gem of a person. He still lost round 1

Whitaker won rounds 2 and 3 so he wins the fight regardless
I'm just saying there's no way he should have won round 1
I happen to think Costa is a giant D bag and Whitaker is a absolute gem of a person. He still lost round 1

Whether he lost or won it is interpretable.

Whether he was wobbling back to his corner is not.

I was rooting for Whitaker, but man, how can you give him the first round?
Had he not recovered and been throwing back strong combinations I would not have. Fact was he recovered and looked strong, and had been better the entire round.

I did too, Whitaker had recovered from that kick within seconds, yes - before the bell. it did not do enough to negate what Whitaker had done for the rest of that round.

That's the thing, some think (like me) the headkick won the round for Costa, some won't see it that way. This is why scoring is so hard and sometimes all over the place

Back