One spectacular performance that completely blew your mind?

Prime Übereem crashing everything with brute force i couldnt comprehend how, his knees and punches disfigured people, pure gore, but then it turned out he was just juiced to the gills.

Garbrandt beating Doms ass. Was really impressive. Future looked so bright for him after that.

Didn't exactly play out the way I thought it would for him..

I genuinely remember watching him that night and trying to figure out if he was insanely talented or if I'd just watched him have the absolute fight of his life, turned out to be the latter.

I love that shit in combat sports though when one night the stars just align - like Buster Douglas vs Tyson,

Mmmh, not sure why Petis vs Wonder Boy comes to mind, i never saw that fight ending that way.

Anderson over Forrest. People tend to underrate Forrest and forget that he was the LHW champion less than a year earlier. He had beaten Shogun and Rampage back-to-back and was beating Rashad (until getting his head dribbled off the mat). And Forrest was substantially larger than Anderson.

silva-griffin.gif

938d5021f9ce8189407772bc6b2586df.gif

I always like to bring an old school flavor to threads like these which are invariably full of recent names and fights. To that end, I nominate Ken Shamrock's Superfight Title-winning performance against Dan Severn at UFC 6.

In more ways than one, Ken Shamrock was the first true mixed martial artist, but one of the ways was the way that he studied every opponent. Before fighters bothered with shit like a training camp, Ken was breaking down his opponents---their physical attributes, techniques, bad habits. Everything. He knew Severn better than Severn knew himself. He knew his Greco attacks, he knew that he liked to use his weight to push people against the fence, and he knew he left his neck exposed during TDs. So Ken went right at him for the lock up, baited the hook and waited for him to duck his head for the TD, and tapped with a guillotine when the inevitable happened and he ducked his head. An absolute masterclass, with the added bonus of Ken demonstrating his strength and wrestling prowess by locking up with Severn and pummeling in close and thwarting his TDs.

Right when Sherk seemed to be the guy at LW to deal with, BJ comes and cuts right through him like a knife and goes on a legendary/violent run at 155

Man, it's gotta be the battle between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor at UFC 196. It was straight fire, bro! I ain't seen that kind of back-and-forth action in a while. Plus, Diaz's "stockton slap" and "Don't be scared, homie" line had the whole arena lit. That fight solidified Diaz's legendary status in the game. And let's not forget, McGregor was the featherweight champ at the time and took the fight on short notice. That's real G shit right there.

Prime BJ Penn dismantling Prime Diego

A finisher the liked of which we have never seen.

Also Conor Mcgregor well rounded domination of famous German athlete Dennis Silver live on fox in front of the Irish Americans of Boston
That wasn't prime Diego. Diego was his best by far his first go at WW in the ufc

For me it's still Dillashaw vs Barao 1. Not only was it a complete change of styles for Dilly, he executed his new style to a perfection. That night truly wowed me to a level it hasn't reached since.

Honorable mention is a recent one. Brennan Ward Vs Sabah Homasi. Brennan was never known for monster cardio or monster pressure. In fact he is known as the guy who quits. I don't know what he did to enhance his game, nor do i care, that shit wowed me.

What wowed you?

giphy.webp

Who the fuck is Brennan Ward??

Mcgregor vs aldo some say its a fluke but that ko blew my mind. 10 years undefeated champion. No one would have predicted it
Jones vs shogun
Silva vs forrest
Cejudo beating tj in 32
Amanda nunes destroying cyborg

Back