One way ticket to Mars

Fuck YES.
Even if the worst happened and I died far from home, I'm setting records.
Farthest death from Earth, to start.

It'd be unique and epic and anybody who'd turn the chance down is plain nuts.

Even dying on the launch pad would be epic

Concepts are different than actual protection. I favor continuing to send robots. Cheaper, can be sent to more locations and don't need constant re supply.
Fair enough.
Per the thread query, I'm gonna get my ass to Mars

No. There's nothing to do there. No television, no internet, no video games apart from the ones you bring. The landscape looks cool but there's no plant or wildlife and much less variation then there is on earth. And I imagine you can't just go exploring randomly like you can here. You'll spend most of your life at the colony. With the same group of people. You'll never meet anyone new. Boring.

Only if the women are like this....
013F3173-0F5F-474A-BB19-69250D599B45.jpeg

Say you're given a lottery ticket that will let you join the 1st or 2nd colonist to Mars. Will you go? If yes, why? Can you handle being on a new planet? Will you cry? Thoughts pls

It sounds exciting, but I don't think most people would know what they are getting into until they do it. The confinement alone could make you go crazy. Imagine being on a small spaceship for 6 months before even getting to the planet, and then once you're on the planet you are confined to whatever habitat is there. I wouldn't be able to tolerate it. I would rather stay right here.

It wouldn't prove anything at all as since there is no returning one could not tell the world "yes I was on Mars."

They have this thing called radio communication.

similar thing happened to me centuries ago, except it was a one way ticket here.

If was able to access movies and music and such.

why the fuck not.

Not like things are going my way nowadays here on planet earth.

If was able to access movies and music and such.

why the fuck not.

Not like things are going my way nowadays here on planet earth.

Yes, you will have access to all earth media.. in storage drives

depends the work shifts. and how strict the hierarchy is that controls your routine. can you bring cannibis and stuff. how much free time

Yes. Most difficult and fastest decision Id ever make. I enjoy messing around with myself psychologically quite a bit as is and what more of a mindfuck could there be than seeing and knowing everything I love is being left behind? Just an unreachable point of light in infinity. It would be an awesome challenge mentally and emotionally, physically too, especially on planet. Id also be leaving behind everything I dislike as well so there is balance.

Preferably thered be lots of exploration options but Id be cool with helping build the colony too. Terraforming isnt happening anytime soon.

For a really good hard science read on the subject check out Kim Stanley Robinsons Mars series.

Back