Oscar De La Hoya's open letter to fans to not support the UFC/WWE-fication of boxing

Oscar is right, but i doubt his open letter will stop the legions of nuthuggers irish jabroni has to buy that freakshow.

not sure if the comments in this threat are just hunting likes from conor nuthuggers or seriously this retarded.
de la hoya is right this fight is a joke. i dont get the interest whatsoever.

Jesus Christ. What a crock of shit. He's acting like boxing has never done a circus event before (they have).

Oscar is supporting his golden boy to fight Triple G. That's not just about the money. That's for the sport.

Was it "for the sport" when Oscar waited two years to make the GGG fight and had Canelo fighting bullshit opposition like Khan and Chavez?

Don't fall for this shit. Oscar is a liar, and he only attacks Floyd whenever Floyd has beaten him to the punch.

Boom, one shotted him. Oscar is pissed that he is not getting a slice of the pie. Remember, this is the man who owns The Ring Magazine and did this...

2E5C005B00000578-0-image-a-64_1447285814124.jpg

And that is not even getting into all the dubious and dirty things that have happened in boxing for over a century.

Lol.

Oscar probably doesn't feel like this behind closed doors.
This is just business.

This fight Is a threat to his own promotion.

Smoke and mirrors. Read between the lines boys.

With each passing day, it looks more and more likely that the circus known as Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor will be coming to town in the near future.

Prizefighting itself is a circus. These people who want to act like purists who put the integrity of the sport above all else are full of shit. Guys are able to make money doing it because people are willing to pay them for entertainment. That's all. It's the whole reason the sport exists. Sometimes the rankings are taken into consideration, but that's rarely why a fight actually happens.

De La Hoya needs to get over himself. Maybe he can bring the fishnets out of retirement, be a ring girl and get his share.

Awww how sweet! Did you write that yourself Oscar?

I think not.

<{walkerwhut}>

How dare!!! Some other people make money without you.

<{smellit?}>

The whole thing is a circus.

But if people want to pay $100 to see it, that's their business. I'll definitely be watching it for free. No way is it worth $100, not even close.

What will be funny though, is hearing all the people who pay, complain afterwards. Conor will rub it in too, so they better be ready for that.

Lol.

Oscar probably doesn't feel like this behind closed doors.
This is just business.

This fight Is a threat to his own promotion.

Smoke and mirrors. Read between the lines boys.

Boxing people always talk out of both sides of their mouth especially when it's about money. And it's never not about the dollar

Total nonsense.

Mayweather is a retired 40 year old. There are no belts being contested, and he's coming out of retirement to take an exhibition match.

Its purely for entertainment.

Whats happening with the UFC is legitimately ridiculous - tying up the actual belt in active divisions over nonsense fights.

I don't need Oscar to tell me to not buy is joke of a "fight." lol

McGregor got outboxed by Nate Diaz. Why would I want to pay money, let alone $100, to see him fight against Mayweather?

Last edited:
Oscar is Floyd's mortal enemy and of course the Ronda cover was his idea lol :D

Oscar is legit concerned that Conor will KO Floyd and kill boxing. Otherwise what is there to be afraid of? If anything Mayweather destroying the top MMA name would be great for boxing and put to bed a lot of loud mouth MMA vs Boxing fans once and for all? If it's such a sure thing that Floyd is just going to walk through Conor than how can this be anything but great for boxing?

Yeah connor may is what nick diaz would call wold tickets.
However, osvar de la hoya is the guy who put ronda on the cover of a boxing magazine " she conquered mma, is boxing next?".
Also oscar is a transvestite; e.g. a shady character who changes depending that what the situation

Back