Movies Oscar nominated actors who died before the age of 50

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some of these nominated actors I've never heard of and interesting ways they died from.

Honorable mention should go out to John Cazalle.

Screenshot_20240321_084726_Google.jpg

Died at 42.

Did 5 films, all 5 were nominated for Best Picture.

He was nominated for a golden globe, no Oscar nods though.

Ledger, he died at 28. He had "pretty boy" looks but he didn't rely on them, and versatility. I mean his five biggest roles were in 10 Things I Hate About You, Brokeback Mountain(never seen it but it was Oscar worthy), The Patriot, A Knights Tale, and obviously the Joker in The Dark Knight. The guy had range and potential to play anything.

Ledger, he died at 28. He had "pretty boy" looks but he didn't rely on them, and versatility. I mean his five biggest roles were in 10 Things I Hate About You, Brokeback Mountain(never seen it but it was Oscar worthy), The Patriot, A Knights Tale, and obviously the Joker in The Dark Knight. The guy had range and potential to play anything.

He had so much still to give, but he did end up giving us a lot. I don't know if The Joker in The Dark Knight would've been still his best performance if he went on and lived. But nonetheless it would be hard to top it was so extraordinary.

It's one of the greatest acting performances of all-time.

He had so much still to give, but he did end up giving us a lot. I don't know if The Joker in The Dark Knight would've been still his best performance if he went on and lived. But nonetheless it would be hard to top it was so extraordinary.

It's one of the greatest acting performances of all-time.

Tbh his performance in Brokeback Mountain is just as good

Tbh his performance in Brokeback Mountain is just as good

No question he was fantastic in that film as well. Such a contrast of characters from the Joker and Ennis. It just shows how much range he had in just a short period of time he was with us. Rest in peace.

Back