Out of the GOAT'S, who had the most stacked competition?

Out of the GOATS, who had the most stacked competition?

• Total voters
Jones, easily.

Cormier twice
TRT Vitor
Prime Machida
Prime Shogun
Prime Shad
Rampage
Gustaffson twice
Chael P. Sonnen, The American Gangster

... among many others ...

Gotta be Jones and I'm not even a fan.

Cormier twice makes his resume immaculate.

Jones, easily.

Cormier twice
TRT Vitor
Prime Machida
Prime Shogun
Prime Shad
Rampage
Gustaffson twice

Prime shogun? Cmon man

Why are the two cheaters named in the thread? They are not GOAT candidates, and it’s stupid having them in the poll.

I guess you didn’t want to leave the low people out. I’m not nearly that stupid, or forgiving.

Never underestimate Fedor he beat 8 UFC champions

Prime shogun? Cmon man

I hesitated a bit before writing Prime Shogun, but I put it in order to get a nitpicking reply.

People who want to discredit Jon Jones never cease to amaze me.

If grasping at straws is a sport, they'd be world champions at it.

I hesitated a bit before writing Prime Shogun, but I put it in order to get a nitpicking reply.

People who want to discredit Jon Jones never cease to amaze me.

If grasping at straws is a sport, they'd be world champions at it.
I mean, I’m not trying to discredit him, I voted for Jones. I just saw “prime shogun” and was like “boi you what”

Jones, easily.

Cormier twice
TRT Vitor
Prime Machida
Prime Shogun
Prime Shad
Rampage
Gustaffson twice

I just realized who Shad is now, I couldn't tell from the Shadface.

The greatest testament to Jon Jones is how dominant he was against dc not once, but twice. And in his absence, dc became a 2 division champ. In fact without the loses to Jones, dc would likely be in the goat discussion. I can’t think of anyone GSP or Silva fought where there’s a similar situation.

The greatest testament to Jon Jones is how dominant he was against dc not once, but twice. And in his absence, dc became a 2 division champ. In fact without the loses to Jones, dc would likely be in the goat discussion. I can’t think of anyone GSP or Silva fought where there’s a similar situation.
normally i wouldnt agree with something like this but for DC i have too.

none of the other champs have bested someone of his caliber as an opponent. Closest thing is Anderson besting Hendo at the time

Fedor is the Goat though.

I mean, I’m not trying to discredit him, I voted for Jones. I just saw “prime shogun” and was like “boi you what”

I wasn't talking about you in particular (you're alright) , but Prime Shogun was a trap laid to trigger irrational Jones haters.

Depends upon the criteria. If you mean put people in cages or rings without weight divisions (like the first UFC's, like boxing when it started, like judo when it started, like BJJ when it started, like wrestling when it started -- yeah, I think weight divisions are simply wrong, most sports don't have size divisions and I think if football, hockey and rugby don't need them then neither should combat sport), then my guess is that most of Fedor's competition beats most of the others competition. Jones has one win (DC) that would do very well against HW's, but most of Jones' competitors cut to LHW to keep away from HW's for a reason.

If you mean relative to weight division, then I'd go with Jones, though GSP is close.

GSP and its not even close . Also replace Jones and Silva with Aldo and DC or even Cruz and MM.
Jon Jones. Anyone who say otherwise is biased.
Jones competition is filled with bloated MWs and overrated fighters who at the time Jones fought them they were more "celebrities" than elite fighters .
Shills like you are gonna keep shilling though

How well did their opponent do AFTER they lost to the GOAT against top competition? I did it this way so as not to give unfair advantage to a GOAT beating someone who was at the end of their significant career or just simply a can. The list came up like this...

Spider =11 – Horn, Leben, Franklin (twice), Marquardt, Leites, Maia, Belfort, Chael, Hendo, & Brunson (shoutout for WW Sakurai)

GSP = 9 (11) –Karo, Heiron, Mayhem, Sherk, Fitch, Shieds, Condit, Hendricks, Hughes (but the 2nd win not counted due to Hughes losing a lot & fighting people about to retire.) (Bisping & Hughes 2 had the belt at the time so that’s a strong case for 2 more GOAT points imo, but it’s questionable) (shoutout to an undersized Penn)

Couture - 9 - Vitor x2, Horn, Randleman, Rizzo x2, Liddell, Tito, Gonzaga

Cormier = 8 (9) Monson, prime Bigfoot, Barnett, Rumble (maye x2), Gus, Volkan, Stipe, (shout out to MW Hendo & Spider) (keep an eye on Black Beast)

Aldo = 8 (9) – Cub, Uriah, Lamas, Jung, Edgar (twice) Mendez (twice) (keep an eye on Moicano & Jeremy Stephens)

Fedor = 8 – Herring, Big Nog (Twice) , Cro Cop, Hunt, Arlovski, Coleman I (not 2) & Monson? (shoutout to Arona & Sobral, but neither are HW’s)

Jones = 8 – Shogun, Bader, Machida, Vitor, Gus x2, Teix & DC (DC Once… the 2nd one he cheated - (keep an eye on Lionheart)

Mouse = 7 (8)- Benevidez (twice), Dodson (twice), Moraga, Kyoji, Cejudo (keep an eye on Borg)

Stipe = 6 - Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Reem, JDS, Ngannou

Last edited:
Back