Movies Out of these horror films - Which are the 2 best? (The Finals O/T)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted The Thing and Alien.

I actually think Jaws is the best movie out of these and arguably top 10 of any genre, but I don’t really consider it horror.

I quite like The Shining but it is a tad overrated and I think The Exorcist gets a ton of nostalgia votes. I saw it recently due to the shitty reboot and was very underwhelmed. Alien and The Thing both hold up to this day. Especially The Thing.

First Elimination Bracket
Second Elimination Bracket
Third Elimination Bracket
Fourth Elimination Bracket
Fifth Elimination Bracket
Sixth Elimination Bracket
Seventh Elimination Bracket
Eighth Elimination Bracket
First Quarter-Finals
Second Quarter-Finals
Third Quarter-Finals
Fourth Quarter-Finals
First Semi-Finals
Second Semi-Finals
The Finals

Here we are in Overtime. Down to 5 films only 2 votes. We will at least have one more round after this, get it down to just one vote.

My choices:

The Thing (1982)
The Exorcist

Alien

The Thing (1982)

The Exorcist

The Shining

Jaws

I would like to at this stage seriously question the validity of the question itself. Its too subjective, each film has its nuances and merits, and the relentless obsession with categorization into 'best' is actually unhealthy with all these polls.

It's not a football match, its a form of art.

I would like to at this stage seriously question the validity of the question itself. Its too subjective, each film has its nuances and merits, and the relentless obsession with categorization into 'best' is actually unhealthy with all these polls.

It's not a football match, its a form of art.

Yes that's a valid criticism indeed. Yes I'm aware of that, it is indeed subjective afterall. No question about it. But it's just a fun poll to just think what you personally think is the best, that's all. And let's see what the general consensus in what people think on Sherdog is the best horror film.

It's just like the Academy Awards. They have awards for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress so and so forth. Same sort of thing like that. But yeah don't take it too seriously, it's just for fun. I've done tournaments on all kinds of things including best albums, best fight scenes etc..etc.. This is nothing new on here for me or mostly anyone else who's participated on these polls/tourneys.

It's something to do on here and have some fun with it. Simple as that.

This is a very good race. It's probably going to be The Exorcist, The Thing and Alien in double overtime.

Alien / The Thing (1982)

tumblr_p2dtj8AgeN1w4o2dko1_540.gif

these are all great film but I can't believe The Shining is #4 right now, should be first imo

Went with The Shining and Jaws. could have just as easily chosen Alien or The Thing. The Exorcist never did anything for me, maybe due to not being raised Catholic?

Back