Movies Out of these horror films - Which are the 5 best? (Second Elimination Bracket)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Exorcist / The Thing (2011) / Alien 3 / Nosferatu / Friday the 13th

5816fc8d-fde9-401d-ab4e-306b2f345dc4_text.gif

The Exorcist
Jaws
Nosferatu
Rosemarys Baby
The Ritual

Exorcist is probably my favorite on this list. The Ritual is one of my favorite recent horror movies (last 10 years or so).
Never really thought Friday the 13th was that great, but maybe I should give it a rewatch. It's been years since I saw it.

The Conjuring 1 and 2 were great and are some of my favorite horror movies of all time. Most horror movies set up a very dark atmosphere with a jump scare incoming. The Conjuring is one of the few movies to make me dread even when in broad daylight. Any Jumpscare in that movie was well earned with the set-ups.

The Conjuring 3 sure did drop the ball. I can't even fully criticize it as it was so forgettable.

Jaws, Exorcist and Rosemary’s Baby right off the bat for being great films in general that transcend the horror genre.

Then I went Scream 2 cause I find it entertaining and Friday the 13th which I don’t particularly like that much but I consider it for being a memorable film of that particular subset of horror.

But I think the gulf between those first three I voted for and those two is pretty massive.

(In order of poll)

The Exorcist
JAWS
Rosemary's Baby
The Hills Have Eyes
Friday the 13th

Honorable mention: The Crazies. I thought it was actually outstanding.

Back