Movies Out of these horror films - Which one the best? (Finals Double O/T)

What's your pick?

• Total voters
Alien for me. As I said before, it isn’t just a great horror film, it’s a great film period.

I like the Thing, but it didn’t influence films the way Alien did. If Alien and the Thing were hanging over a cliff and I had to choose one, I’d drop the Thing faster than Macaulay Culkin’s mom dropped him in the Good Son.

great reference to an obscure film, "The good son."

Elijah Wood > Macaulay Culkin

That was super tough. Coin flip between Alien and The Thing for me. Alien scared the fuckin shit outta me so I went that but The Thing is on its level

Is everyone on this board 100 years old or has there not been any truly great horror movies made in the last 35 years? Crazy

The Thing. IDK if it’s a horror film as much as it is a sci-if film m. But it is the best of those three. I never could sit through any Exorcist movie. It just doesn’t do it for me.

Not sure why but I’m really surprised to see The Exorcist winning this.

Not so much over The Thing but over Alien.

The older I’ve gotten the more I love The Exorcist. It’s worthy of every bit of praise it gets. The movie takes everything so seriously which forces you to take it seriously.

Paraphrasing but Friedken said it’s a normal family with normal people set in a normal city in a normal house. But upstairs, there’s a little girl who’s possessed by a demon. Incredibly effective.

No vote. 2 of them aren't actual horror movies and are not remotely scary. The Exorcist is more of a comedy in my opinion. Halloween got the shaft in this poll.

Alien for me. As I said before, it isn’t just a great horror film, it’s a great film period.

I like the Thing, but it didn’t influence films the way Alien did. If Alien and the Thing were hanging over a cliff and I had to choose one, I’d drop the Thing faster than Macaulay Culkin’s mom dropped him in the Good Son.

I went with it as well but to be far I think the same is true for all of these, The Thing is a great thriller full of well done characters not just a monster slasher, thats why the 2011 film was doomed to be inferior even though it was a pretty good monster slasher.

Glad The Thing made the finals; now The Exorcist will take its rightful place with your mother in hell.

I’ve never been scared by a movie, but I read the book long before I saw the film, and the book scared the shit out of me.
That book is the only horror book I've read that was actually unnerving. Could be that I read it at night while camping alone over a few days. I recommend it to anyone who says they want a "scary" book to read.

Blatty's follow up book Legion is also good, but less horror, more make you think about things philosophically.

These polls are great. Also, very weird with the results. The Exorcist was no where near Alien and the Thing in previous polls, but all of a sudden is absolutely dominating the final poll.

Very strange

That book is the only horror book I've read that was actually unnerving. Could be that I read it at night while camping alone over a few days. I recommend it to anyone who says they want a "scary" book to read.

Blatty's follow up book Legion is also good, but less horror, more make you think about things philosophically.
Agreed. I was reading it late at night as a kid alone in my room. And what disturbed me most was the graphic descriptions of black mass. It was just so disgusting and blasphemous. You could almost feel demonic forces over your shoulder as you read that shit.

Back