Social Out of these, which 3 likely will be totally obsolete in the near future?

What's your picks?

• Total voters
Have greeting cards ever really been relevant? They're just something old ladies give you for your birthday with money inside them. You take the money out of them and pretend to look at the card for 10 seconds then when you get home you throw away the card.

Have greeting cards ever really been relevant? They're just something old ladies give you for your birthday with money inside them. You take the money out of them and pretend to look at the card for 10 seconds then when you get home you throw away the card.

That's true, yeah they've been obsolete for awhile.

In Sweden, we've been at the forefront of the shift toward a cashless society. However, many of us aren't particularly fond of this idea.

Unfortunately, it often seems like those in power who make the laws don't pay much attention to the opinions of those who are directly impacted by them.

Humans

68JQ.gif

In Sweden, we've been at the forefront of the shift toward a cashless society. However, many of us aren't particularly fond of this idea.

Unfortunately, it often seems like those in power who make the laws don't pay much attention to the opinions of those who are directly impacted by them.

I was at a brewery with some guys from the Saab Bofors team. The people next to us were whining about Apple Pay not being accepted there. This evolved into how cashless was the way to go. One of the Saab guys laid into them. They tucked tail and left.

This was when e-krona rolled out years ago.

It's safe to say DVDs are obsolete.

What about the rest? I'm not quite sold on them disappearing anytime soon. Some of these things are simple and practical to use.

This article inspired this thread.

https://magic983.com/listicle/15-things-that-will-be-totally-obsolete-in-10-years/

Feel Free to add more, that's missing.

Just read through this. The one I think they’re absolutely dead wrong on is eye glasses. Those aren’t going anywhere, especially with the proportion of the population with myopia actually increasing.

They’ve had contact lenses for over 60 years (my mom is 77 and started wearing contacts in high school) and those haven’t been the death of eye glasses. I started wearing glasses at age 6 and switched to contacts at age 13 and then went back to glasses at age 34 because contacts bother my eyes now.

Surgeries are expensive and unreliable. For every friend I have that got eye surgery and was pleased with the results I have another that regretted it due to side effects like dry eyes, halos at night, or migraines. Most people I talk to say they’re not interested in surgery due to either cost or side effects.

As for the drops mentioned in the article, as I understand it from my son’s optometrist (as my son got prescribed glasses just this past week) those drops only prevent myopia from getting worse, it doesn’t reverse it, and the actual statistical evidence behind the effectiveness of those drops are pretty dubious to begin with.

Just read through this. The one I think they’re absolutely dead wrong on is eye glasses. Those aren’t going anywhere, especially with the proportion of the population with myopia actually increasing.

They’ve had contact lenses for over 60 years (my mom is 77 and started wearing contacts in high school) and those haven’t been the death of eye glasses. I started wearing glasses at age 6 and switched to contacts at age 13 and then went back to glasses at age 34 because contacts bother my eyes now.

Surgeries are expensive and unreliable. For every friend I have that got eye surgery and was pleased with the results I have another that regretted it due to side effects like dry eyes, halos at night, or migraines. Most people I talk to say they’re not interested in surgery due to either cost or side effects. As for the drops mentioned in the article, as I understand it from my son’s optometrist (as my son got prescribed glasses just this past week) those drops only prevent myopia from getting worse, it doesn’t reverse it, and the actual statistical evidence behind the effectiveness of those drops are pretty dubious to begin with.
try sun gazing...

Other:

1.) Checks
2.) Cash
3.) Coins
4.) Social Security Numbers

We will be given wallet addresses instead of SSNs, we will be paid in CBDCs and our entire lives recorded and cataloged on some government and/or corporate blockchain(s).

All of our most important documents, debts, and histories will be minted as NFTs on a combination of government and corporate chains that communicate with and use oracle services to pass and verify real world data and information between each other.

Not a matter of if, but when. We are living through the proof of concept now.

Other:

1.) Checks
2.) Cash
3.) Coins
4.) Social Security Numbers

We will be given wallet addresses instead of SSNs, we will be paid in CBDCs and our entire lives recorded and cataloged on some government and/or corporate blockchain(s).

All of our most important documents, debts, and histories will be minted as NFTs on a combination of government and corporate chains that communicate with and use oracle services to pass and verify real world data and information between each other.

Not a matter of if, but when. We are living through the proof of concept now.
Tough read, bbut truly the way it's headed.

DVDs will always have a space for those who like to collect physical media. Same with records.

Freedom.

Freedom will be as rare as a unicorn at a petting zoo!

Picture this... you wake up in the morning, and try to pour yourself a cup of Joe, but oh no, the government's AI-controlled coffee maker won't brew unless you've signed away your soul on their latest terms and conditions!

But hey, I'm just a simple man, just your everyday guy, looking out for the future of humanity.

Nothing more, nothing less, and I'm definitely not Alex Jones.

Back