• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overeem/Blaydes Swapped to FS1 & Anderson/Holm Moved to PPV

They did Blaydes dirty .... he’s been looking forward to fighting in his hometown forever and Overeem on prelim?

Oh well... at least I won’t have to worry about a bad link or connection issues.

WTF Holly has only won 1 fight in her last 5 fights and she gets promoted to the main fight card and is still ranked in the top 3 in her division?
Holm's losses:

Tate - retired
Shevchenko - no longer in division
GDR - fight was not in the division she is ranked in
Cyborg - fight was not in the division she is ranked in

Thus Holly's BW standing remains. lol

A UFC debutant vs A woman who's 1-4 in her last 5 fights on the main card? Yeh anyone who questions that must be a misogynist who voted for Trump.

I guess it's all in how you word it. When you say it like it sounds bad. But how about this:

Former women's bantamweight, former featherweight champion and the woman that ended Ronda Rousey's undefeated streak with a devastating KO and went the distance in her last fight with Cris Cyborg takes on the current Invicta Featherweight champion who's on a 4 fight win streak in Megan Anderson with the winner to fight Cyborg for the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship.

That's most likely how they're going to sell this fight. If Anderson gets an impressive finish then that sets up a match with Cyborg that a lot of fans have been very interested in for a while now.

The last fight of the prelim is generally more prestigious than the first fight or two of the main card. They want to get good ratings on FS1 and such. It's been this way for years.

From a marketing perspective it's the move: Reem Blaydes should help sell more ppvs as the prelim headliner than the ladies. Borderline laughable from an MMA perspective, but I guess we should be getting used to the playbook.

Winner of Holly/Megan will be the top contender for a title (lol), the fight you should blame for demoting Overeem/Blaydes unjustly is Arloveski vs Pillsbury Doughboy.
Hell no. It should be the Phil's fault. His fight doesn't velong in the main, it's to buns fightibg for crying out loud

Wow, they fucked over Reem.

Hell no. It should be the Phil's fault. His fight doesn't velong in the main, it's to buns fightibg for crying out loud
Ill Phil is fighting to avenge the honor of his fallen brother Ill Will Brooks though I can't hate on him. :D

I think they might be trying to get big Curtis some exposure by moving him to prelims

And I'm tired of Holly Holm. She beat Ronda, I'm forever grateful to her for that, but she's been losing a lot of fights and the UFC keeps trying to get the belt back around her waist and I just don't think it's gonna happen.

I like Overeem too so I'm happy about getting to see this one for free. I think Alistair bounces back here.

Arlovski is a former champ... Overeem not.

i take no issue with arlovski being there, its the guy hes fighting that should be on prelims untiul he fights an actual legit fighter.

also youre kidding yourself if you think arlovski is a bigger draw than reem.

Back