Overeem doesn't see Alex Pereira as a champion

Do you see Pereira as a real champ or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He prob. means by Champion best in the division who has the most complete game./least flaws.

Overeem's entire career in the UFC was a let down for me. I think Pereira's crossover success has made him extremely salty. He is likely thinking about the fact he ate a few horses that lost the Kentucky Derby and even that couldn't give him the edge he needed.

But JDS got Cain'ed twice before their fight.
JDS also showed horrible Fight IQ against Overeem, very different than his prime days. At one point he stunned Overeem and instead of going for the kill (where Overeem was always weak) he stood around and let Overeem recover.

at this point pereira could knock out jones, aspinall and then KO the bigfoot (the creature, not the fighter) at the sphere and these jelly idiots will still say they don't "view him as a champ"

Alex is not even close to Overeems levels.
comparing his kickboxing levels against Alex is just funny.
Overeem fought against and won against the legends of kickboxing and Alex was just fighting bums and no one remembers them.
it was one time when Alex fought a K1 level fighter Artur Kyshenko and he KO'd Alex.

That, and how many times he was able to reinvent himself
Which probably explains part of the longevity, his early style is definitely a "young mans game" which would not be sustainable for that length of time as injuries pile up and mobility decreases,

Alex had a more consistent one, and overall deeper one I'd say. His weight class was pretty solid when he was competing, while Reem won the literally last relevant K-1 big boy Grand Prix, which frankly was starting to show its age.

Reem had a big upset win Badr (then lost to him), a good win vs Aerts, and a very credible performance against Bojansky.
His actual GP 2010 win involved a comically smaller Spong, basically a bye vs Saki who had a broken arm, and then old man Aerts who fought a hard won decision vs Schilt in his previous match.
To be fair K-1 WGP's have very often involved a bit of luck to win.

That's a tough one sir.
Alex is double champ in Glory, but Reem won a K1 tournament.
Not really the same. Overroid was lucky that night and fought against a much smaller Spong in the first fight. Second fight against Saki who had a broken right hand. Final was against an old Peter Aerts who just had a 4 round fight against Semmy Schildt. As for Alex he just destroyed everyone in 2 weight classes for a couple of years.

Reactions: mkt
Pereira is better than Overeem ever was. Reem used to mentally fold. Poatan doesn’t.
you a noobie?
overeem is more talented more complete than pereira
i know you love pereira
but seriously?
the reem is dangerous anywhere

Not really the same. Overroid was lucky that night and fought against a much smaller Spong in the first fight. Second fight against Saki who had a broken right hand. Final was against an old Peter Aerts who just had a 4 round fight against Semmy Schildt. As for Alex he just destroyed everyone in 2 weight classes for a couple of years.
And as you said (by his nickname), Overreem was juiced to the high heavens at that time. I don't think K-1 tested and I'm sure some other fighters juiced, but I don't think anyone else looked like a ridiculous comic book character like he did. Remy Bonjasky even joked about it.

If someone wants to argue that size, strength and heavy roiding aren't big factors at K-1 HW, please explain how a former football player (Bob Sapp) who wasn't a technically-great striker was able to beat Hoost twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: lsa
you a noobie?
overeem is more talented more complete than pereira
i know you love pereira
but seriously?
the reem is dangerous anywhere
More complete doesn't mean better. Especially head to head.

Guarantee you Overeem would find a way to get knocked out by the left hook.

More complete doesn't mean better. Especially head to head.

Guarantee you Overeem would find a way to get knocked out by the left hook.
striking even
wrestling - overeem
bjj- overeems bjj is lightyears away from pereiras bjj blackbelt
(so can u tell me whos better now?)

bro pereira got taken down by izzy lmao
he also went to life and death split decision
when jan an average wrestler took him down

he fought strikers obviously hes gonna win

your opinions on pereira will change when he starts to lose
back to back

Sounds salty. Pereira defeated both lineal champions (Jiri and Hill) and former champion (Jan), if he is not the current real LHW champion, then who is?

striking even

LOL! Overeem got KO'd by brawlers like Travis Browne, Bigfoot and Rothwell. He was chinny and reacted very poorly if he got stunned. If Alex were the same way, he'd have been finished by at least some guys like Jiri and Hill who have heavy hands. Instead, Alex's only MMA loss was to another elite striker and former kickboxer who's the 2nd best MW in UFC history (behind Anderson).

It isn’t that they can’t figure him out, it’s that the left hook figures them out

Back