Overeem showing heart

THATxGUY

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
A big knock on Overeem is that his recovering abilities ( originally used the word quit) are bad when he gets hit ...

Tonight he showed how bad he wanted the win, I think this new team is his best fit , makes you think about the last fight and how he easily he could of continued for a few extra seconds. He was in way more trouble tonight.

E7FE7936-5578-489E-8ABA-322951AE08AD.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think his heart has ever been a problem. He just doesn’t have a rock iron jaw. Getting knocked out is not quitting.

I don’t know if he quits, more like he goes out cold when he gets hurt.

I like the newest incarnation of Overeem. He drags these big guys into deep waters with his wrestling, GnP, and submissions. Plus his usual crafty striking and setups.

He never seems to want to quit to me His lights just go out.

I don’t think his heart has ever been a problem. He just doesn’t have a rock iron jaw. Getting knocked out is not quitting.

Maybe Overeem’s recovery ability was a better term than “quitting“

whats the point keep going due? he earned his money,its not like
he got any chance against dc/stipe/francis,he took enough damage.. better live longer for your grandkids

Yeah it was nice to see. I thought he accepted defeat in there at one point but the ref didn’t call it and then Reem sprung into action.

yeah his recovery after being hurt is the problem, not heart. and the only reason he got away with it tonite was because harris practically threw himself on the ground with that ridiculous kick and let overeem lie on top of him for the rest of the round.

He never seems to want to quit to me His lights just go out.

Disagree. Not with the quitting part, because he definitely isn't a quitter. But he's faded many times. For example the Bigfoot and Browne fights. It seems when he gets hurt it just ends up downhill from there. Which is why I (and probably many others with me) thought he was done tonight. I'm positively surprised with the comeback.

Back