Overeem to Bellator with another KO loss?

He might MIGHT get one more chance.

There are reasons not to cut him. But at his price tag, if all the lustre is gone, it's not worth it to keep him.

His name alone may still keep him there.

But he is skating about as far on that thin ice as he can with another loss or two.

There wouldn't be a reason to cut Overeem tbh, he's a good draw and puts on exciting fights whether he gets KO'd or not. If anything, he should consider retiring with another KO loss.

He might get one more chance. I personally don't think he'd go to Bellator though.

He might MIGHT get one more chance.

There are reasons not to cut him. But at his price tag, if all the lustre is gone, it's not worth it to keep him.

Overeem losing fights doesn't drastically change his drawing value. I don't see the UFC having a problem with paying Overeem that kind of money if he still draws, not just about winning fights.

Straight to a Joe Rogan podcast.

He'll be out of the UFC, he's too expensive to keep around to just keep losing. I think Bellator is the most likely next org for him because of Coker and because Bellator is trying to attract the fringe fans. Who wouldn't want to see Reem vs Kongo?

Overeem losing fights doesn't drastically change his drawing value. I don't see the UFC having a problem with paying Overeem that kind of money if he still draws, not just about winning fights.

Of course it does. And while I remember his initial contract being quite lofty, I believe it has been renegotiated by now. But you're right, even if he loses he's one of the most active heavyweights on the roster while also being exciting and bringing in name recognition, I don't know if I'd be so quick to cut him in the UFC's position either.

There wouldn't be a reason to cut Overeem tbh, he's a good draw and puts on exciting fights whether he gets KO'd or not. If anything, he should consider retiring with another KO loss.

Maybe Joe Rogan should have him on his podcast

Overeem has close to 10 ko/tko loses in mma alone, not to mention k-1 and sparring sessions. I hope he doesn't have severe brain damage at this point, he brain has been rattled many many times.

^think he has a dozen total in MMA/K-1 combined last time i checked.

Anyways no i dont think the UFC will cut him for the fact that they dont want him to end up in Bellator.

f8him.jpg

The only way i see him being cut is if he doesnt wanna take a paycut and keeps losing, as it stands, hw is thin, overeem is a name, and as long as he asks for a reasonable amount(by ufc terms) he wont be cut.

I wouldn't be sad to see him go, but I don't like him that much. I think the USC will keep him around for a couple of good KOs either way because he's still a good moneymaker. That's the key to keeping him or letting them go how much money can you make the company?

Overeem hasnt been cut because hes fun to watch, he brings it and all of his fights are KO or get KOed, UFC likes guys who bring it, and dont lay and pray and dry hump their opponents to victory

He's still making the UFC big money. Cutting him would be a terrible business decision.

Back