Overeem vs Blaydes

"Panicked." Overeem stuffed his takedown attempts and punished his efforts with knees to the gut. Granted, this was Brock's return fight from the diverticulitis issue, so I'm sure his stomach was horribly susceptible to strikes.

yah actually, I'm actually watching some Overeem and Curtis blaydes fights right now.

Overeems TDD is really good. I can see him coming into this fight with his hands low. blades has a decent jab, covers a lot of distance with it. Blaydes might be tentative and afraid he might get countered. But I think once he eats one of Overeems punches and survives he'll feel more comfortable.

Maybe Overeem does tag Curtis, but Curtis has a chin... and if Overeem goes too hard for the finish and sitll doesnt finish Blaydes... hes done in the later rounds.

yah actually, I'm actually watching some Overeem and Curtis blaydes fights right now.

Overeems TDD is really good. I can see him coming into this fight with his hands low. blades has a decent jab, covers a lot of distance with it. Blaydes might be tentative and afraid he might get countered. But I think once he eats one of Overeems punches and survives he'll feel more comfortable.

Maybe Overeem does tag Curtis, but Curtis has a chin... and if Overeem goes too hard for the finish and sitll doesnt finish Blaydes... hes done in the later rounds.

Overeem rarely fares well in a firefight - that's indisputable. It will come down to whether he can shrug off Blaydes' takedowns and land knees from the clinch, or shrug off the takedowns and control the distance. If they wade into a melee with one another, though, Overeem is likely to wind up eating canvas.

I'd still eager on Alistair.

Overeem is a really dangerous fighter everywhere. But Blaydes has several advantages and is improving quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if Blaydes has surpassed Overeem already. Blaydes is getting better, Reem is getting up there in age and mileage.

Should be pretty good but Reem should be able to win it.

I favor Overeem but Overeem isnt the same guy that beat Brock. We'll have to see how well Blaydes can implement his wrestling game.

Big Overeem fan, true vet and underappreciated as a pioneer – but people forget his age when predicting/assessing his performances.

It's not just USADA and a very long career in the ring and cage that are taking a toll on the guy – he's pushing forty now.

Blaydes, meanwhile, is only 27. That matters.

Back