Overwatch Official Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play solo mainly and still love the game. I've had a few frustrating moments but nothing terrible. Then again, I'm a bit of a loner so it's nothing new to me.

For those wondering about Zarya, she's my most played character by far and I'd recommend first trying her on maps where she's at her best:

Volskaya, Objective B, Defence
Ilios (Well stage and the part where you're capping a small rectangular room--not the sunken Ruins one)
Hollywood, offence or defence (the whole thing is very Zarya-friendly, but especially the first stage)
Anubis, offence or defence
Lijiang Tower

Generally-speaking, she's great when there's some cover available (or at least not a map full of wide-open areas). If you've capped an objective, hide around a corner with teammates in view and shield them when attackers arrive, then pop out, shield yourself, and get in the fight, rinse, repeat. Your use of her barriers is essential, as is your use of cover (in order to regenerate your shields to stay around 400 health). Always be aware of where your cooldown is and be ready to pop a barrier on yourself and a teammate when an ultimate is incoming.

When her gun gets a nice charge going (about 70+?) then you can get more aggressive, but still be careful not to overextend; she can fuck up the opposition quite well but you'll still lose 2 on 1's and then that nice charge that you built up gets reset! Also, don't be too hasty to pop a barrier on a teammate when getting back in to the battle. This is often wasteful. Get close to the action, see who's in the thick of things and who's not, and shield accordingly.
Thanks man!
I love zarya. Im a bit confused about the charging, tbh I havnt even noticed where you can tell how charged it is? Im sure my zarya would improve tenfold if I knew where to look at. Got some pointers on chargemanaging?

Thanks man!
I love zarya. Im a bit confused about the charging, tbh I havnt even noticed where you can tell how charged it is? Im sure my zarya would improve tenfold if I knew where to look at. Got some pointers on chargemanaging?

There is a number right below her cursor that starts at zero with no charge and climbs to 100 at full charge.

At low charge, zarya is a pure support character only. Your goal should be getting charge as fast as possible. You get 50 for damage stopped by the bubble around you, and 50 from the damage stopped by any bubble you place on an ally.

Death hurts zarya the most since it resets her charge limit. So stay at all costs.

One thing that is really starting to annoy me is the reinhardt ult doorway bug (or not bug, whatever it may be). Seems with some doorways, if you fire Reinhardts ult through, the graphic will display on the floor behind it, but the stun will not hit any enemies standing the other side of the doorway.

There is a number right below her cursor that starts at zero with no charge and climbs to 100 at full charge.

At low charge, zarya is a pure support character only. Your goal should be getting charge as fast as possible. You get 50 for damage stopped by the bubble around you, and 50 from the damage stopped by any bubble you place on an ally.

Death hurts zarya the most since it resets her charge limit. So stay at all costs.
I see her as more an annoyance/taunter while shes low, then BAYUHMM the damage from nowhere.

Zarya has a pretty solid alt fire, I just keep a field of fire going with that and use the left click if I get charged.

Played for a few hrs with two of my 100+ friends, Zenyatta was played in every single game

Just had my first "Hepta-Kill".

Yes, Hepta. Not Hexa.

Video will be posted as soon as I figure out how. Not playing another game until I get this put on youtube.

Apparently logging out of B.Net removes the "Highlights" feature.

Flanked an enemy team, getting to their rear on Numbani --- popped Deadeye on McCree, hit all 6 of them. One of them was D. Va, when she popped out of her mech -- the last one standing, I flashbanged her and punched her to death, then sprayed her corpse. "BAMF".

Last edited:
Just had my first "Hepta-Kill".

Yes, Hepta. Not Hexa.

Video will be posted as soon as I figure out how. Not playing another game until I get this put on youtube.

Apparently logging out of B.Net removes the "Highlights" feature.

Flanked an enemy team, getting to their rear on Numbani --- popped Deadeye on McCree, hit all 6 of them. One of them was D. Va, when she popped out of her mech -- the last one standing, I flashbanged her and punched her to death, then sprayed her corpse. "BAMF".

Reminds me of a PoTG I did with Soldier. Just put on the visor and came up behind 5 of the enemy team engaged with our D. Va. They died. I turned a corner right as their Soldier was coming in and got a direct hit with my helix rockets before finishing him off. Complete team wipe.

I admit I didn't want to log out and lose the Highlight.

Fucking Blizz... I spend a ton of money on Blizz games, have been in multiple WoW Betas AND THEY WONT PUT ME IN THE OVERWATCH BETA! So frustrating.

Will pre-order in the next couple of weeks, but damn, I just wanna play the game to get a feel for it before dropping cashola on it.
Weird. It just appeared on my dashboard as an offered item, and i didn't even know anything about it. I don't believe i've ever bought a blizzard game either. The beat was dope though, if i had the extra cash i'd consider buying it.

Probably going to wait until it hits the 30-40$ range and then pick it up. It was fun as hell.

Weird. It just appeared on my dashboard as an offered item, and i didn't even know anything about it. I don't believe i've ever bought a blizzard game either. The beat was dope though, if i had the extra cash i'd consider buying it.

Probably going to wait until it hits the 30-40$ range and then pick it up. It was fun as hell.

Normal edition is 39.99

Who can kill turrets the quickest, say the top 5 characters in order with all but their ultimate abilities in play?

Had possibly my best game last night with Symmetra.
30 kills (I believe it was 18 or 19 with the sentries 11 or 12 with my beam gun).
19 players teleported.
60% teleporter uptime.
6,912 damage.
11 kills in a single life/11 player kill streak.
17 final blows.
12 objective kills.
13 shields provided.

I died more than my (admittedly low) average, but I often took on 2-3 players as I play very aggressively even with a defensive player like Symmetra, and three of my team members stayed huddled around the base, so I tried to push the other team back and damage and/or kill them before coming near the base as that shouldn't be the job of only 2 people (not disrespecting the three base defenders, we needed them). We lost the first objective on defense (shortly after I died too, coincidence?), but took them out defending the second objective.

Symmetra absolutely destroys Hanzo, Widowmaker, Bastion, and Mercy one on one. Genji, I have rarely faced him one on won, but always won. Soldier 76 as well don't fare well (76 at least may hit me a few times, but I can often take on 2 76's and kill both or at least kill one and nearly kill the second). Reaper usually goes down, but can pose problems due to his shotgun's spread and needing to get in close to lock on. Reinhardt always goes down, but it just takes a bit more time due to needing to maneuver around the shield and his health. Lucio always goes down, but takes a bit more time than the offensive heroes due to his healing. Tracer is a problem one on one due to teleportation, but not in group settings. Pharah can escape, but does not fare well otherwise. D'Va does surprisingly bad considering her hp (but she is very slow when on the offensive). Junkrat can do better than others due to his trap and mine combined with his speed. Winston is a problem one on one, but I've killed plenty. The others I cannot recall or have not faced one on one.

Did experience my first noticeable bit of lag last night though in other matches. You could really tell on the replays where I activated an ability to defend before dying, but the replay did not indicate it at all. I was also hit from a good distance away by a Reinhardt hammer pretty consistently in one match, which would indicate him being closer than he appeared to me on screen.

The only thing that perturbs me about the game is some jackass on voice chat that puts his own team down, especially when they themselves don't even show up on the voting screen at the end of the match or do anything otherwise of note. This has rarely happened, but I did notice one guy being completely wrong when someone picked a Genji on defense and then the guy ended up praising them after we won (not a formal apology, but he applauded them still). I haven't had any complaints about my personal play, but don't put your whole team down, try to be constructive and help.

Overwatch and Battleborn are taking precedence over Splatoon now for me as that game has been ruined lately by speed and other hacks, save scumming, people using editors, considerable lag against Japanese players (some who purposefully create lag, but they are not alone there from what I've read), and people buying perfect gear off of people that use editors and save scumming.

just bought this fer ma birthday the other day

running games against AI until I get the aiming down

Got absolutely slaughtered playing against real people with my friends right away

Who can kill turrets the quickest, say the top 5 characters in order with all but their ultimate abilities i
People r smarter than Me, but i have a dva game from yesterday. They had Three thorbjörn on point b , hanamura.
I would stand in the entrance, let them destroy my mech, then pewpew from Beyond the Little gazeboo. I won damage done picking off turrets and blowing the world up with ults

Soldier is one of my most played character. And every time a symmetra hits me with her death beam, I mash my sprint button and run the fuck away from her. Usually I can get away and I'm able to throw down a healing field and shoot that Bitch in the face with a helix rocket.

Symmetra is pretty nasty again quite a few heroes. Same with Winston and Zarya, as well. They're all Genji killers, for sure.

Zarya is so fucking good. Might be my favorite hero now.

I have 1000 coins and now it's the difficult choice of choosing which costume I want. I know it's going to take like 15+ hours before i get 1000 again unless i get lucky lol. At level 68 (somewhere around there) it takes forever to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back