OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

The game is fun but im terrible at it, as others have said it's very fun with a chill batch but too often its super competitive people that blame everyone and act like the match is life or death. I cooled off on Siege for that reason and this one ill probably do the same until I choose to actually dive in.
I think I am going to start trying out some of the other modes for this reason. I just played Mystery Heroes for the first time, and that was a lot of fun.

Played a few games and had no idea what the hell was going on in the push pull map. Characters felt the same though. Tempted to see just how toxic comp is lol

As far as steamrolls go, it seems obvious which way almost all of my matches are going to go within the first minute or so. With a ton of shitty random teams, as soon as your team gets wiped that first time, they never group up again. It's like herding cats. The frustrating thing is having to play through a whole match that you know you're going to lose. On that subject, it sure sucks ass when a teammate drops out in a Competitive match. I love that a big red box comes up telling me that I will be punished if I quit, like I did something wrong. And the threat of taking a loss means nothing. Our tank just left. We're already going to lose, lol.

So, I have been seeing a lot of negativity toward this game. Two videos in my YouTube feed: "Overwatch 2 is Unacceptable Garbage" and "Overwatch 2 is a New Low in Gaming". Am I too old? Is it just outrage culture? Because I don't get it. It's a full AAA game released for free. When I first launched the game, I expected to only have a handful of free heroes, but they're all there. I guess I just never realized that gamers at large care so much about cosmetic shit. It's crazy to me.
Yes, you're old, gaming practices have become utter shit. They deleted Overwatch, a game people had paid for, and replaced it with an inferior copy just to shove their new monetization in. You cannot play Overwatch 1 anywhere right now, and if you want to play Overwatch in general you have to jump into their soulless, buggy bullshit. It's a sign of how beaten down the consumer is that stuff like this still flies. Free to play is just an excuse game companies make to create awful monetization and drip feed content, I'd much rather pay 50 bucks and get that shit out of here.

So was I playing with a dev or does it mean something else?
upload_2022-11-10_8-37-15.png

Man I don't think any of the new maps are good and the new push pull game mode is flat out bad. I've actually had fun in the Arcade when in modes that take away the new maps.
Mystery Heroes isn't as fun as it used to be due to how the power structure has changed.

Just started playing ow2 a couple days now. It sucks. I dont know what it is. It just sux for some reason. Ow1 was amazing. Something feels off

Just started playing ow2 a couple days now. It sucks. I dont know what it is. It just sux for some reason. Ow1 was amazing. Something feels off
This is specifically why coward Blizzard had to remove Overwatch 1. They know exactly many of us would stay then they wouldn't be able to brag about their favorite "30 miliion GoTY" line on OW2.

This is specifically why coward Blizzard had to remove Overwatch 1. They know exactly many of us would stay then they wouldn't be able to brag about their favorite "30 miliion GoTY" line on OW2.

They basically took what Epic Games have done multiple times with Fortnite to regenerate interest in addition to having standardized Twitch drops. End of the day it was the right move by Blizzard. For theyre following the marketing strategy of todays live service games.

I have been playing Overwatch 2 regularly, and I have to say...I love this game, I just hate everyone who plays it. Any time I see a Baptiste, Ana, or Zenyatta, I know they're going to do zero healing. I had a match yesterday where Zen got outhealed by Mei. Pretty sad.
I had one of my proudest gaming moments, though. I was playing as Junker Queen and kicking ass. I got a quadruple kill, which I knew would be play of the game, but then I got disconnected from the server. I managed to reconnect, but when I did I was glitched out. I had no UI whatsoever, and no animations played for my character. I was just a static, floating gun. I couldn't tell when I was shooting or out of ammo, when my skills were on cooldown, when I was hitting someone or being hit, anyone's health, nothing. But I still managed to hold it down somehow, win the match, and get my play of the game. It felt good.

Back