P4P great Volkanovski wants his next fight to be against Logan Paul and plans to convince Dana

Title is a bit misleading, Volk did not call out Logan Paul.
The interviewer asked a question to Volk about if Logan Paul wanted to fight him and he gives a nonchalant answer to it.
This really isn't anything to be taken seriously.

Here's the clip with a timestamp:

War Volk.

Seeing it in this context Volk was just playing around with the question, original post made it seem like he was seriously calling out Logan Paul.

Floyd hits harder than Volk.

[citation needed]

Floyd is a weak puncher if there ever was one. I have no idea how Volk's power (which he has in MMA) will translate to boxing, probably not very well since Conor became a feather-fist once he had real gloves on, but I would still say he's equal to Floyd.

But my comment wasn't about who would win, the question was whether the fight would be sanctioned. I don't see any reason against it, either in boxing or MMA.

[citation needed]

Floyd is a weak puncher if there ever was one. I have no idea how Volk's power (which he has in MMA) will translate to boxing, probably not very well since Conor became a feather-fist once he had real gloves on, but I would still say he's equal to Floyd.

But my comment wasn't about who would win, the question was whether the fight would be sanctioned. I don't see any reason against it, either in boxing or MMA.
Floyd is a stinging puncher by boxing standards. Hence people could never just crowd him. There is no shame in not being able to dent the chins of Canelo or Pac. Conor is a decently durable fighter by mma standards and a shot Floyd had no issues hurting him and stopping him.

As far as sanctioning, just depends on the commission and how much money promoters will fork over, be it in taxes or bribes. Or just go somewhere where there isn't a commission.

It would be like if Shaq fought a little person.

Floyd is a stinging puncher by boxing standards.

I agree. He doesn't have power but his technique is great and he has hand speed, still sucks to get him by him, especially dozens of times.

Punching wise I'd say his MMA equivalent is Rose, whose power even in WMMA isn't much but she lines everything up just right.

Title is a bit misleading, Volk did not call out Logan Paul.
The interviewer asked a question to Volk about if Logan Paul wanted to fight him and he gives a nonchalant answer to it.
This really isn't anything to be taken seriously.

Here's the clip with a timestamp:

War Volk.

Thanks for the clarification.

These headlines are such bullshit all the time, it amazes me how many people STILL fall for every clickbait headline they read

As usual someone ASKED Volk about fighting Logan Paul and he gave the typical answer that he’d love to fight him and make 10x what he usually makes… the headline makes it sound like Volk went out of his way to call Logan out

He struggled with Holloway and he thinks he can beat Logan Paul? Logan would've finished Holloway.

[citation needed]

Watch Pretty Boy Floyd era before his hand injuries. Even with his injured hands he is hitting harder than Volk. Most boxers throw harder punches than mma fighters even people they think aren't heavy hitters like Floyd. Floyd has solid punches with boxing gloves, you can check the interviews about Floyd's punching power from the fighters he fights. There's a reason he's able to control the fights and slow down the pace, his punches have solid sting to them. Volk wouldn't be considered a power puncher in boxing. Conor who finished almost everyone he fought at FW with his left hand, showed zero punching power with boxing gloves on. Volk isn't known for his punching power in mma, he isn't suddenly going to have it with heavier boxing gloves on.

HOLY FUCK THIS CALLING OUT THE PAUL BROTHERS IS SO OLD AND CRINGE BY NOW

<1>

Just when I was starting to like Volk...

Give them USADA testing and Volk wins easy

(spoiler: there won't be USADA testing)

Back