Pacquiao: "Floyd doesn't want to fight me."

this is the very first thing he's done in the public spotlight thats out of his character.

never have i heard him talk about future opponents before a fight.
now he's planning a concert.

cotto has to be fuming. motivation shouldn't be a problem for cotto.

interesting he's using mayweather's name during PPV time :)

The Mayweathers did the same thing. As a matter of fact, not just the mayweathers but also the whole Golden boy promotion kept mentioning Pac's name prior to pbf vs marquez fight. Although I agree with you, this is not the typical pac we know talking about future opponents. Well, we will see but for now I just cant wait for the pac-cotto to happen. Im leaning towards pac but I dont think its gonna be a one sided fight like most of my fellow pacfans are saying. Cotto is not a joke and he really is a true welterweight. Anyway, how do u think the GS Warriors will do this season?

I think Cotto is a tougher fight for Manny then Floyd would be. If Manny wins vs Cotto, then Mayweather will start to talk retirement again. I do think Manny can handle Cotto if he does not try to stand and bang with him. I think Manny will be faster than Cotto. If he thrrows quick combos and moves away. then Cotto will be chasing him all night.

Sinister, I don't know why you're so angry. Maybe you should reflect. I never claimed Mayweather wasn't legitimate. I think his performance against Marquez was as close to boxing perfection as I've ever seen. I think he is VERY talented. But you don't turn down 8 million to fight Margarito and still walk around calling yourself the best. I like Marquez, but PBF beat a fat lightweight. I respect Pac because he goes balls to the wall everytime and has beaten all the best fighters he could face. Moving UP in weight to fight top competition, and beating them, shows his true heart. He openly will fight anyone. I truly feel that Mayweather is overrated (Castillo beat him in the 1st fight, and I won't budge one inch on that.) If he beats Pac, Cotto, and Shane..... then I will absolutely consider him number 1. Those are his top fights... fights he SHOULD have taken.... unfortunately I don't feel he will take any of them. Maybe Mosely in like 2 years.

If he beats Pac, Cotto, and Shane..... then I will absolutely consider him number 1. Those are his top fights... fights he SHOULD have taken.... unfortunately I don't feel he will take any of them. Maybe Mosely in like 2 years.

You won't consider Floyd #1 until he fights both the winner and loser of Pac/Cotto? Both these guys are going to be high level fights afterwards, but someone's stock has to drop.

If he beats Pac, Cotto, and Shane..... then I will absolutely consider him number 1. Those are his top fights... fights he SHOULD have taken.... unfortunately I don't feel he will take any of them. Maybe Mosely in like 2 years.

Bias much? Why does he have to beat them three, when Pacquiao hasn't even fought Cotto yet, and he is ranked #1, and i'm sure you already see him as #1. If Floyd beats just two of them, he won't "just" be #1, he will go down as an all time great. There isn't anything else he needs to do. I hope his next fight is Pacquiao (if he beats Cotto), and then finally to shut Sugar Shane up and then retire.

And likewise for Pacquiao. I recognize he is the current #1 p4p because Floyd was inactive for 21 months while he was busy fighting, but until he beats Floyd, i don't see him as a legend just yet. If teh fight doesn't happen for whatever reasons it would be a shame. And regarding on who is the bigger draw, Pacquiao dominates the south eastern market, but I still believe Floyd is THE fighter to beat. He has a bigger and longer legacy, a perfect record, and is seemingly unbeatable (well, at the moment he really is).

I recognize he is the current #1 p4p because Floyd was inactive for 21 months while he was busy fighting, but until he beats Floyd, i don't see him as a legend just yet. If teh fight doesn't happen for whatever reasons it would be a shame. And regarding on who is the bigger draw, Pacquiao dominates the south eastern market, but I still believe Floyd is THE fighter to beat. He has a bigger and longer legacy, a perfect record, and is seemingly unbeatable (well, at the moment he really is).

That's ridiculous, with Manny's accomplishments, how can the guy not of legendary status yet? Nogueira has never beaten Fedor but he's a legend in my eyes. That's like me saying," Until PBF fights Manny, Cotto, Mosley, Williams, I will never consider him to be a legend".

pac man takes this fight in every scenario
it doesnt matter how hard floys tries not to get hit. it will happen

That's bullshit - because if Manny beats Cotto - this fight will undoubtedly be the biggest money fight the sport has seen in a decade, maybe ever. The money will be there, I'm not so sure Money will be.

If Pac beats Cotto, the PBF fight will happen for sure.

The expected revenue out of this fight is so huge I don't think the concerned boxing promoters will let it pass. As it stands, the disagreement on the purse share is the only major hurdle but I believe they'll be able to work it out.

Dang, it will be a major disappointment for all boxing fans if this fight doesn't happen.

If Pac beats Cotto, the PBF fight will happen for sure.

The expected revenue out of this fight is so huge I don't think the concerned boxing promoters will let it pass. As it stands, the disagreement on the purse share is the only major hurdle but I believe they'll be able to work it out.
QUOTE]

Aside from the purse........
im sure you know theyll also have an issue with weight , size of the ring , and gloves right?

Mr Sinister]s all over Mayweather's balls most of the time - and most of the time what he is saying is true. I will refrain from commenting on Mayweather until his next fight is announced.

The Mayweathers did the same thing. As a matter of fact, not just the mayweathers but also the whole Golden boy promotion kept mentioning Pac's name prior to pbf vs marquez fight. Although I agree with you, this is not the typical pac we know talking about future opponents. Well, we will see but for now I just cant wait for the pac-cotto to happen. Im leaning towards pac but I dont think its gonna be a one sided fight like most of my fellow pacfans are saying. Cotto is not a joke and he really is a true welterweight. Anyway, how do u think the GS Warriors will do this season?

they're pretty terrible.
all i can hope for hs that curry and randolph play well together and want to stay when they're deals are up.

I think floyd's a frontrunner. He's probably hoping pacquiao gets kayoed or beat by someone else. And what is with the Cotto statements, didn't he quit in one of his last fights? I've only seen the margarito fight, but I don't remember anything special about him. Manny is in his prime. Pac/Mayweather is a fight fans dream. I can't say who'd win, they have mixed results with common opponents, they both have gifts and weaknesses which complement each other, I think it's fated to happen. Too good not to. I still say Pac has edges in speed, has good power, has a huge heart and passion but Mayweather is just so goddamned smart. Pac's major weakness is he doesn't think about what he's doing, he does things just to do something, Mayweather is constantly adjusting and thinking. Hard to go against that, but on the other hand, Mayweather will probably not knock pac out fighting safety first and I can't see him winning a decision against a much busier pacquiao. Possible outcomes are, Pac wins a decision, Mayweather lets Pacquiao do what he wants while he waits for the chance to nail him, I don't think Pac will kayo him.

Bias much? Why does he have to beat them three, when Pacquiao hasn't even fought Cotto yet, and he is ranked #1, and i'm sure you already see him as #1. If Floyd beats just two of them, he won't "just" be #1, he will go down as an all time great. There isn't anything else he needs to do. I hope his next fight is Pacquiao (if he beats Cotto), and then finally to shut Sugar Shane up and then retire.

And likewise for Pacquiao. I recognize he is the current #1 p4p because Floyd was inactive for 21 months while he was busy fighting, but until he beats Floyd, i don't see him as a legend just yet. If teh fight doesn't happen for whatever reasons it would be a shame. And regarding on who is the bigger draw, Pacquiao dominates the south eastern market, but I still believe Floyd is THE fighter to beat. He has a bigger and longer legacy, a perfect record, and is seemingly unbeatable (well, at the moment he really is).

Mayweather has been a welterweight for a WHILE. Pac has had ONE fight at welter and ONE at junior welter. When Pac was a feather weight and lightweight he fought all the best guys. THAT'S why he's number one. Not because Floyd "retired" for 21 months and somehow Pac is number one by default. That's bullshit. Pac has proved himself to be the best at his weight class. He will soon prove that with welterweight. Mayweather has NOT done that, as he has avoided some top competition. I truly will be STUNNED if he accepts a fight with Manny Pacquiao. It would really put me back on my heels if he signed that fight. But I still think he won't.

I think Cotto is a tougher fight for Manny then Floyd would be. If Manny wins vs Cotto, then Mayweather will start to talk retirement again. I do think Manny can handle Cotto if he does not try to stand and bang with him. I think Manny will be faster than Cotto. If he thrrows quick combos and moves away. then Cotto will be chasing him all night.

There is no logical explanation as to why Cotto is easier than Floyd. Floyd would be a 2-1 favorite over Pac.

Mayweather has been a welterweight for a WHILE. Pac has had ONE fight at welter and ONE at junior welter. When Pac was a feather weight and lightweight he fought all the best guys. THAT'S why he's number one. Not because Floyd "retired" for 21 months and somehow Pac is number one by default. That's bullshit. Pac has proved himself to be the best at his weight class. He will soon prove that with welterweight. Mayweather has NOT done that, as he has avoided some top competition. I truly will be STUNNED if he accepts a fight with Manny Pacquiao. It would really put me back on my heels if he signed that fight. But I still think he won't.

Because Floyd didn't fight the best at 130 and 135? When Floyd became champ at WW Shane and Cotto weren't even there, and they both had turned down fights prior. Pac is the easiest fight out of the 3 and it amazes me people don't realize.

Mayweather is not close to being a true welterweight. If this was 1995 Mayweather would not have come up with Quartey, Jose Luis Lopez, Trinidad, and Oscar in their primes. His best weight is probably, even still, 135.

What annoys me is all these people talking about Floyd should fight guys his own size. Mosley is not his size, not even close. And he's a certified roider.

Mayweather is not close to being a true welterweight. If this was 1995 Mayweather would not have come up with Quartey, Jose Luis Lopez, Trinidad, and Oscar in their primes. His best weight is probably, even still, 135.

What annoys me is all these people talking about Floyd should fight guys his own size. Mosley is not his size, not even close. And he's a certified roider.

You obviously missed the Mayweather/Marquez weigh-in. Floyd has grown into a true welterweight. If he hasn't, then tell me why Marquez is $600k richer because Floyd couldn't or wouldn't shed 2 pounds?

There is no logical explanation as to why Cotto is easier than Floyd. Floyd would be a 2-1 favorite over Pac.

Because Floyd didn't fight the best at 130 and 135? When Floyd became champ at WW Shane and Cotto weren't even there, and they both had turned down fights prior. Pac is the easiest fight out of the 3 and it amazes me people don't realize.

You're sure to leave out that Shane moved up to fight DLH.

And yes, many of us realize Mayweather will most likely go after the easiest of the 3.

No matter what selection Floyd makes, it'll be called "easy."

Pac is too small and wasn't really a threat above 135.

Shane is too old.

Cotto wasn't the same after Tony bludgeoned him.

Tony's a dirty cheater who should be struck by lightning 15 times (but Shane's cheating is better.)

Get with the program.

I'm with the program. I agree with gunranger that Pac is the path of least resistance, and to be fair probably the path of the biggest paycheck.

I don't buy the Cotto is damaged goods bullshit. He showed what he's made of against Clottey.

Margarito shouldn't even be in the discussion. Who knows what his fate is? He was already struck by lighting in January.

Does it even matter though? Floyd has made it clear him and Bob Arum ain't doin business.

Shane is old. His age could catch up with him at any moment, but he just slayed the "beast". Everyone was on Margarito's left nut after he beat Cotto. Actually, they've been riding his sack for a while now...so much as to say Floyd ducked him. Shane killed the Margarito hype in his last fight. Now is the only time for Floyd to fight Mosley.

Back