parent took a teacher hostage in stand-off today -- still ongoing

what does this have to do with a parent taking a teacher hostage. Victim blaming imo.

Maybe the parents can’t feed their kids. So the school does it.

It costs about $.10 to feed a child oatmeal. If you can't afford ten cents to feed your kid then you should have children.

haha, probably mad about that stupid common core shit, i dont blame the parent

Which is why schools/society must revamp the "stranger danger" talk.

After all, kids are much more likely to be kidnapped/abused by a family member, family friend, or neighbor than a 'stranger'.
hahaha id love for them to be telling kids to trust nobody, not even your parents and watch all these wacko kids grow up... the future will be great lmao

Maybe the parents can’t feed their kids. So the school does it.
They get food stamps to feed their kids. They probably just chose not to feed their kids.

The urban family is not doing well for their kids. I was at a football game in the last couple years. An inner city team verses another team. The urban inner city team had less than 15 fans at the game. Parental support is almost zero for that football team. It's sad and pathetic.

Probably 4-5 kids had family that cared enough to cheer them on.

They get food stamps to feed their kids. They probably just chose not to feed their kids.

The urban family is not doing well for their kids. I was at a football game in the last couple years. An inner city team verses another team. The urban inner city team had less than 15 fans at the game. Parental support is almost zero for that football team. It's sad and pathetic.

Probably 4-5 kids had family that cared enough to cheer them on.
<LikeReally5>

I think the school being the parent is a new thing. I've heard in these urban schools, the parents don't even feed their kids. They send them to school for breakfast lunch and supper. That's pathetic, they don't even feed their own kids.
This is a totally unrelated to the story in the OP. All schools, whether urban or suburban, rich or poor, require proper identification to pick a student up during the school day.

Schools are legally responsible for the safety of students during school hours. If they are going to hand that responsibility off to someone they must verify that it is a proper legal guardian.

I've heard in these urban schools, the parents don't even feed their kids. They send them to school for breakfast lunch and supper. That's pathetic, they don't even feed their own kids.

It's a leftist thing. Your children aren't yours, they are property of the state.
These are need-based programs. In a lot of urban districts the meals students get at school are the only meals they get.

It has nothing to do with the state wanting to "own" kids; it has to do with not wanting kids to go hungry. So, in that sense, you are correct-- it is a "leftist thing."

hopefully it was that sick lady showing kids how to insert a dildo

dildo-1.jpg
context please

Bring back belts, wooden spoons, and good ass paddlings.

hopefully it was that sick lady showing kids how to insert a dildo

dildo-1.jpg

What the hell is the story here?
I only ask because I desperately hope it is not as bad as it appears.
context please

It was a feminist doing sex ed for college students. Rather bizarre, but not as bad as the fake news of her doing it for 6th graders.

Per Snopes -

The photographs displayed in the original article were not in fact pictures of a Florida substitute teacher named Sharon Mercer, but rather pictures of Carlyle Jansen, the founder and owner of Good for Her (a progressive, female-friendly sex store in Toronto, Ontario), who has upon occasion been invited to give talks about sexual health at Toronto-area high schools. But Ms. Jansen told us that she also teaches sex ed classes for adult audiences, that the photographs displayed in the outrage-provoking article were snapped at a university-level (not a sixth grade) class, and that she “would not have done those positions and discussed strap-ons to that extent in a high school setting.”

Instead, someone repurposed those photos and incorporated them into a post that read as a sort of melange of moral panics, touching on fears about the threat of common core curriculum, openly gay teachers, and general ambient concerns about acceptance of homosexuality in society. As quickly as it appeared, the InfoWars post evaporated as it was scrubbed from that site.

https://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/strapon.asp

It was a feminist doing sex ed for college students. Rather bizarre, but not as bad as the fake news of her doing it for 6th graders.

Per Snopes -

The photographs displayed in the original article were not in fact pictures of a Florida substitute teacher named Sharon Mercer, but rather pictures of Carlyle Jansen, the founder and owner of Good for Her (a progressive, female-friendly sex store in Toronto, Ontario), who has upon occasion been invited to give talks about sexual health at Toronto-area high schools. But Ms. Jansen told us that she also teaches sex ed classes for adult audiences, that the photographs displayed in the outrage-provoking article were snapped at a university-level (not a sixth grade) class, and that she “would not have done those positions and discussed strap-ons to that extent in a high school setting.”

Instead, someone repurposed those photos and incorporated them into a post that read as a sort of melange of moral panics, touching on fears about the threat of common core curriculum, openly gay teachers, and general ambient concerns about acceptance of homosexuality in society. As quickly as it appeared, the InfoWars post evaporated as it was scrubbed from that site.

https://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/strapon.asp
right. thanks.

Schools should not be able to hold a student hostage from a parent.

The school is not the parent.

And this parent might have a case against the school if the school would not release the kid.

You can't hold a teacher hostage, just call the cops.

We need more info though

I agree, it was the wrong thing to do. He shouldn't have taken that teacher hostage.

i grew up back in the day when you just disappeared and your parents knew you were alive only because you made it home for supper.

hahaha id love for them to be telling kids to trust nobody, not even your parents and watch all these wacko kids grow up... the future will be great lmao

Or you could take the lesson plan a bit further and explain to the kids to be aware of their surroundings.

I don't know why anyone wants to be a teacher. My sister is one. She doesn't get paid shit and when she gets home, she still has to grade papers and do a bunch of school related bullshit.

Same for my girl, she's a HS teacher.

Monster parents calling and messaging her every day at all hours. They basically foist the kids onto the school and expect them to raise them. They even call her and ask for advice on raising their kids. You figure it out, dumbasses.

The kids all need to be babysat too. Imagine instead of having one or two children at home, you have 30. That's what the job is like.

Back