Social Party’s over: Amsterdam plans to keep tourists ‘in penis outfits’ away

Its so funny how tourist Brits ruin cities with their debauchery, I love it. Amsterdam, Magaluf, Prague, France...they get piss drunk and puke everywhere...and thats the women haha...

And that,

moreover,

1200px-Burgemeester_halsema5_231118_%28cropped%29.jpg

Don’t you just hate when a party pooper goes out of their way to ruin the fun? I love Amsterdam. What’s wrong with weed and laughing gas (you can ban sound systems though). This is like when an athlete tries to rap… stick to what you’re good at.

This cunt of a mayor is such a.........cunt ?
I’m all out of adjectives here.

Bitch is such a frickin Karen. Any Dutch / Amsterdam sherbros wanna weigh in ?

I'm lost too. What the fuck are they on about?

stag do’s/bachelor parties.

as said it will hit tourism hard. I can understand to a degree the point. I’ve been to Amsterdam maybe 10-11 times. The amount of actual genuine cultural activities I took part in could probably be fit into 5 days lol. Having said that I was always respectful, the first time I went as a 17 year sold I was having a joint outside and got a long lecture about ‘having respect ect’ from some random women but it did sink in. Haven’t been in over a decade, need to head over for a weekend soon.

Penis outfit? That is strangely specific, lmao

here in california we welcome cannabis tourism...

here in california we welcome cannabis tourism...

It's pretty different because weed tourists in Amsterdam are heavily concentrated in the city's centre, in a two miles radius at best. People arrive at the Central station and mostly stay at a walking distance to get wasted. Imagine the chaos if most of California's weed tourists only went to Venice beach and stayed there for several days.

if you are from denver or california or nevada the weed might not be better or even if it is it is not a reason enough to go to Amsterdam for me rotterdam would be a better city because im jaded to good weed. they just seem to have superior hash because CA doesnt give a shit about hash we do dabs.
Concentrates and ultra high quality dank in California really spoiled me. I've been to the dispensaries in Arkansas since moving to Tennessee and it's not at the same level. I quit a couple weeks ago for that reason.

It's pretty different because weed tourists in Amsterdam are heavily concentrated in the city's centre, in a two miles radius at best. People arrive at the Central station and mostly stay at a walking distance to get wasted. Imagine the chaos if most of California's weed tourists only went to Venice beach and stayed there for several days.
the only people annoyed would be in venice beach. L.A county is huge long beach is like 28 miles away from venice for example and still L.A county. pomona is still in L.A county and like 40 miles away

the only people annoyed would be in venice beach

Well, now imagine if Venice was also the beating heart of LA, with most locals not working in the weed business but having to deal with its consequences.

they probably dont even need it they make a fuck load of money from the ports. I think germany will take over as the new Amsterdam they seem to have more of a tolerance for degeneracy and simliar redlight districts and booze. germany will probably not be able to catch up on the weed though or the hash. the laughing gas to me is bad that makes people violent eventually and agressive damages the brain.

<6>

I feel like I've read a story that starts like this before...

“Amsterdam has proposed a major package of measures to combat nuisance tourism as the city ‘welcomes’ its 18 millionth overnight guest this year, triggering a pledge to limit tourism numbers to 20 million. Smoking cannabis on the street will be forbidden in tourist hot spots, there will be a crackdown on nuisance stag parties and by 2035, the city wants more hotel space to be converted to homes or offices. City economics chief Sofyan Mbarki also wants to investigate banning cannabis sales in the red light district at the weekends, from 4pm on Thursday to Sunday, similar to an alcohol sale ban which has previously been imposed to limit nuisance. The city also wants to investigating the legal options for banning organised pub crawls and ‘sharpening’ regulations around Airbnb-style holiday rentals. Mediocre quality hotels will be encouraged to convert to homes and student accommodation.”

“The plans, announced on Wednesday evening, include earlier closing times for restaurants, bars and brothels in the red light district, and a public ‘stay away’ campaign to be launched in 2023 to counter low-grade tourism. The city is also considering raising the tourist tax at peak times.”

Dutch News

An addition to the story — anti-tourism measures will be debated on the 21st of December. As I said before, imagine being a tourist destination, and then reducing freedoms for all in order to combat loud tourists.

From what I gather in my time here, this is like a seasonal thing the Dutch laugh at. Something odd about Dutch rascists is that they are a clear minority but always find their way into the eyelines of foreigners.

“Amsterdam has proposed a major package of measures to combat nuisance tourism as the city ‘welcomes’ its 18 millionth overnight guest this year, triggering a pledge to limit tourism numbers to 20 million. Smoking cannabis on the street will be forbidden in tourist hot spots, there will be a crackdown on nuisance stag parties and by 2035, the city wants more hotel space to be converted to homes or offices. City economics chief Sofyan Mbarki also wants to investigate banning cannabis sales in the red light district at the weekends, from 4pm on Thursday to Sunday, similar to an alcohol sale ban which has previously been imposed to limit nuisance. The city also wants to investigating the legal options for banning organised pub crawls and ‘sharpening’ regulations around Airbnb-style holiday rentals. Mediocre quality hotels will be encouraged to convert to homes and student accommodation.”

“The plans, announced on Wednesday evening, include earlier closing times for restaurants, bars and brothels in the red light district, and a public ‘stay away’ campaign to be launched in 2023 to counter low-grade tourism. The city is also considering raising the tourist tax at peak times.”

Dutch News

An addition to the story — anti-tourism measures will be debated on the 21st of December. As I said before, imagine being a tourist destination, and then reducing freedoms for all in order to combat loud tourists.
Yeah sounds like a plan to make a wonderful retirement community out of what used to be Europes funnest city.

Yeah sounds like a plan to make a wonderful retirement community out of what used to be Europes funnest city.

Are tourists making life miserable for everyone , or is this lady just one of those people who hates people having a good time?

I have no idea what life n Amsterdam is like. Are tourists a huge problem or are they just kind of irritating on the weekends and holidays. Drug tourism seems strange to me. I live in a state where pots legal and the other shit isn't exactly hard to come by and I don't get the allure of flying halfway around the world to do something I can do in my living room any day of the week.

Dutch News

Are tourists making life miserable for everyone , or is this lady just one of those people who hates people having a good time?

I have no idea what life n Amsterdam is like. Are tourists a huge problem or are they just kind of irritating on the weekends and holidays. Drug tourism seems strange to me. I live in a state where pots legal and the other shit isn't exactly hard to come by and I don't get the allure of flying halfway around the world to do something I can do in my living room any day of the week.
not just tourists. students, the dutch, anyone living in the country knows it's that kind of place.
Amsterdam has some of the largest Dutch unis. Actually a lot of places are like that here. The Dutch literally thrash their whole country on New Year. They use high yield explosives like they're firecrackers

UK tourists to Netherlands down 22% after Amsterdam campaign urging Brits to stay away

Visitors to the Netherlands from Britain have dropped this year, months after a campaign to discourage disruptive tourists from travelling to Amsterdamwent live.

The number of arrivals from the UK is down 22 per cent compared to 2019, the last year of unrestricted travel before the coronavirus pandemic.”

The Dutch approach shows it is possible to prevent rowdy tourists from coming over, and may serve as an effective blueprint for other countries looking to do the same. However, tourism is often a fundamental industry to a country’s economy, such as Spain, and any dip in visitor numbers can have a traumatic effect on an intricate and interdependent network of operators, hotels, vendors, attractions, and restaurants.

The Independent

I'm just dropping by to pour one out for Robocock, and all of our other fallen bros here (except Tonni)

UK tourists to Netherlands down 22% after Amsterdam campaign urging Brits to stay away

Visitors to the Netherlands from Britain have dropped this year, months after a campaign to discourage disruptive tourists from travelling to Amsterdamwent live.

The number of arrivals from the UK is down 22 per cent compared to 2019, the last year of unrestricted travel before the coronavirus pandemic.”

The Independent
Well, Job done. That seems like a good start, no?

Back