Paulie Getting Smoked/Outclassed by Amir Kahn in 2010....

Papa Shaun

Grand Poobah
@Green
Reaction score

Good Lord...how did this guy ever win a WBC belt??? He was peppered all day by jab after jab, pretty much a walking punching bag. I hope for Conor's sake he actually did do well against him in sparring, or this may be what Floyd does to him in the fight tonight.

I bet you thought Conor would get clowned by any pro boxer... and you're past the point of denial since we know Conor beat Paulie up... and have skipped to discrediting Paulie himself.

Very entertaining.

I bet you thought Conor would get clowned by any pro boxer... and you're past the point of denial since we know Conor beat Paulie up... and have skipped to discrediting Paulie himself.

Very entertaining.

No just shocked at all how bad his defense was, considering this should have been the Prime of his career, and not even 30 at the time...I"m saying if he came in at 36 years old/out of shape, and Conor struggled with him in sparring at times......this won't be pretty tonight.

Last edited:
No just shocked at all how bad his defense was, considering this should have been the Prime of his career, and not eve 30 at the time...I"m saying if he came in at 36 years old/out of shape, and Conor struggled with him in sparring at times......this won't be pretty tonight.
You could be right, I'm just still surprised that Conor managed to do anything as good as the clip we saw from sparring. Makes me think it's enough that anything can happen, given Conor is going for the KO and Floyd isn't likely to get the KO early if at all. If this fight goes past halfway I'm sure Conor will be gassed and get plastered by Floyd though, so I agree in a sense.

Good Lord...how did this guy ever win a WBC belt??? He was peppered all day by jab after jab, pretty much a walking punching bag. I hope for Conor's sake he actually did do well against him in sparring, or this may be what Floyd does to him in the fight tonight.

Some belts are more meaningful than others. Paulie never earned a respected belt from a respected champ. All the "real" champs he fought put beatings on him.

You say that like Khan is a scrub or something. He's had some loses and his chin isn't the best but he's still a world class boxer . World championship level .
He was too big and too fast for Paulie.

Khans hands are like lightning.
Offensively he is pretty amazing but his defence is very sub par.
It was a stylistic nightmare for Paulie as he doesn't even posses the power to hurt Amir

There's no shame in getting worked over by Khan .mcgregor would probably get pieced up by him as well.

9mWhRb.gif

Is the implication that Khan is a bad fighter or something? Because he most certainly isn't.

Khan would put Conor out cold.

Some belts are more meaningful than others. Paulie never earned a respected belt from a respected champ. All the "real" champs he fought put beatings on him.

I still can't believe that Paulie beat Juan Diaz????? What the Hell Happened There???? Diaz gave Juan Marquez a really good fight the first time, until he got caught later on...just couldn't see Paulie competing that well against Marquez at all.

Is the implication that Khan is a bad fighter or something? Because he most certainly isn't.

Not at all, just look at the earlier replies.....just can't believe how bad Paulie's defense was...he really didn't attempt to adjust after getting peppered with the jab round after round. Just don't think I would have brought him in to spar, if he's trying to replicate Floyd's defense, get what I'm saying.

Conor dickriders are stupid fucks.

Paulie is 36 and retired. He literally walked off a plane and the next day had to go 12 rounds with Conor.

No one in their right mind spars 12 rounds straight with the same sparring partner. The whole idea is to keep rotating guys so that you can get the best work.

Even with this vendetta shit, they didn't have enough highlights for more than 20 seconds or so. Paulie, severely out of shape, still lasted for 12 rounds.

That shit is plain embarrassing and a damning indictment on Conor's camp.

It's going to be fun watching him get his ass beaten.

If Conor and Paulie fought, I'd bet the house on Paulie beating the breaks off of him.

Guaranteed.

I think he was washed up by then, to be honest. And he wasn't all that good to begin with.

If Paulie wasn't wearing headgear and getting hit with 16 ounce gloves, he probably gets KO'd in one round by Conor.

I still can't believe that Paulie beat Juan Diaz????? What the Hell Happened There???? Diaz gave Juan Marquez a really good fight the first time, until he got caught later on...just couldn't see Paulie competing that well against Marquez at all.

Yeah, strange things happen in boxing. Marquez was always looking great, then not so great, throughout his career. He would struggle against a guy, or even getting knocked down, that you would never think he would struggle with. Then he would look amazing against a better fighter. Who knows.

Malignaggi was a weird matchup for Diaz with his quicker feet and hands, and better stamina.

But you're right, none of that really makes sense on paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back