Paulo Costa is the ultra SUPERnatty GOAT of our generaton...

After seeing the footage of Costa from the weekend it would be a surprise if he could ever make 185 again. The man looks like he's made out of dough

I'd agree that Adesanya is highly untested in clinch work and grappling, but that's because his footwork is so damn good. He never has his back on the cage, and is constantly moving laterally. Costa's foot work is nonexistent, he just walks forward. I don't see him being able to corner Izzy unless Izzy just hates the pressure that much.

You don't know what you're watching. If Costa just walked forward then he'd be like the Diaz brothers; trying to pressure but any half-decent opponent just circles and then he gets frustrated as a result and accomplishes nothing.

No, Costa cuts everyone off. That's good footwork.

Costa would hands down be GOAT in pre USADA. He's natty with the strictest testing and looks like TRTVitor on double acai bowls

Romero has looked like that forever. He might be on something, but he might just be a genetic freak. It's not impossible.

Costa had a young dad bod when he got whooped on tuf. Then he randomly starts looking like an action figure. He was just so obvious about it but claims that he's natural.

pretty sure he looked jacked before tuf...he was just dirty bulking on the show to give the others a chance

I think so too. There's now more footage of Ade's weaknesses. Leaves himself open when leaning back and gets countered when he leads. Dodges kicks well, but he's more hittable with punches, and Costa brings the pressure boxing with good pop.

The leaning back with his hands low is really dangerous. Effective against some but I think it'd be a really bad thing to do against Costa since he's always in your face and almost never overextending, so he can anticipate it.

Paulo Costa look like he take his shirt off and steal your girl..... No words needed.. just Jacked and cheesy model boy face

He’s gonna have to clip him, or use raw power to get him in a bad spot. He’s not gonna just walk in there and back him up to the fence, because like you said, Israel is too good to fall for that. But in a gritty, dirty fight like the KG fight there are opportunities. And if logic prevails, a guy who’s much bigger like costa should have a good time in those spots.
I see what your saying, but Gas is way faster than Costa, and probably the best at closing the distance in MW. His ability to lunge in and land is nuts.

Lmao at sherbros thinking he looks like this just because of juice.... Sorry to burst your bubble but everyone in the ufc is on "supplaments" or at least over 95%, less in the woman divisions because of side efects like cyborg face, nunes jaw or holy's clit.
Bone structure, muscle type(fast twitch, slow twitch), androgen receptor sensetivity... All play a role on how you will look on or not on ped's. The vast majority of dude's taking shit, look like shit, cant beat genetics.

Also I assume fighters aren't taking stuff to strictly build muscles and get ripped, they're not bodybuilders after all.

Usman exceeds Costa in the All Natty class:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

True

Its all legal and all natural if you dont learn the names of what youre taking

You don't know what you're watching. If Costa just walked forward then he'd be like the Diaz brothers; trying to pressure but any half-decent opponent just circles and then he gets frustrated as a result and accomplishes nothing.

No, Costa cuts everyone off. That's good footwork.
Cutting someone off is the bare minimum for good footwork, not some example of prime Tyson shit. No, izzy is gonna make Costa look like he's in slow motion.

I feel like that aggression and power is exactly what izzy wants tho. He is a counter puncher to a fault. To some degree you needs you to come in with heat so that he can put you out.

Yoel realized that so he didn't blitz in
Exactly. Yoel refused to do what Izzy wanted him to do. Considering how much range he had on Romero, to me he should have been the one pushing forward, although both men clearly are to blame for this shitty fight.

At this point, I think it's gonna take a guy about as tall and lanky as Izzy to beat him, or at least to push the fight forward on the feet and stand a chance. I really like Costa, but I don't think he's the man fit to beat Adesanya at this point.

Izzy's gameplan is obvious, use length to keep the other guy at bay, circle away from bursting attacks and making sure his back is never against the cage, landing the occasional kicks and mixing them up to the legs, body and head while the opponent is at the right distance, and counter when he comes in and there's plenty of space to move away if he misses, then reset, and rinse and repeat. I don't know how Costa can manage to work through this and find success.

After seeing the footage of Costa from the weekend it would be a surprise if he could ever make 185 again. The man looks like he's made out of dough
lol wut? the guy had a shirt on, what part of him looked like dough?

Bow down to your lord and savior. A once in a lifetime talent.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

THE ULTIMATE SUPERnatty war wagon.
I hear what you're saying, but it sounds like you're having serious dirty homosexual thoughts about this guy. I hope I'm wrong.

Exactly. Yoel refused to do what Izzy wanted him to do. Considering how much range he had on Romero, to me he should have been the one pushing forward, although both men clearly are to blame for this shitty fight.

At this point, I think it's gonna take a guy about as tall and lanky as Izzy to beat him, or at least to push the fight forward on the feet and stand a chance. I really like Costa, but I don't think he's the man fit to beat Adesanya at this point.

Izzy's gameplan is obvious, use length to keep the other guy at bay, circle away from bursting attacks and making sure his back is never against the cage, landing the occasional kicks and mixing them up to the legs, body and head while the opponent is at the right distance, and counter when he comes in and there's plenty of space to move away if he misses, then reset, and rinse and repeat. I don't know how Costa can manage to work through this and find success.
In my gym, that's called fighting like a complete pussy.

Romero has looked like that forever. He might be on something, but he might just be a genetic freak. It's not impossible.

Costa had a young dad bod when he got whooped on tuf. Then he randomly starts looking like an action figure. He was just so obvious about it but claims that he's natural.
How do you know it's not real? Apart from your experienced eye, what proof have you got?

Has failed as many tests as the other natty goat GSP
Ummm no. He wss suspended 6 months for IV use while it was banned.

GSP has failed as many tests as your natty Russian, Putin ties khabibi

RUSADA what? Icarus bless.

Back