Pavlovich is a WAY better version of Francis Ngannou

Better hands speed and combos for sure.

His speed was as similar a deterrent for Blaydes as Ngannou's power was. Blaydes was scared to shoot. Very susceptible to uppercuts with his high guard.

I agree. People overrate Ngannou and I’m not sure why, I think he fits the archetype of the heavyweight, They are at least on par, but the eye test shows Pavlovich to be a sharper striker and better grappler. I think Pavlovich hits harder too, I mean he finishes more fights and more quickly.

Their resumes are pretty much even at this point.

Of their common opponents -

Pavlovich beat Lewis in 60 seconds with ease and Ngannou lost to Lewis.

Ngannou beat Overeem and Pav lost to reem.

Both beat Blaydes similarly impressively.

Idk. Around same level. Pavlovich can overtake Ngannou with another win or two tho

how are his grappling skills better?
all we've seen is him get wrestle fucked and finished by Overeerm (a kickboxer who ngannou ko'd with ease)

meanwhile Francis has wins were he used grappling (Gane, Stipe, Hamilton)
When he's not rocked? Pretty good. He wrestled and did a little sambo. Trained out of Eagles MMA. IDK if he can stuff Jon tho

I agree. People overrate Ngannou and I’m not sure why, I think he fits the archetype of the heavyweight, They are at least on par, but the eye test shows Pavlovich to be a sharper striker and better grappler. I think Pavlovich hits harder too, I mean he finishes more fights and more quickly.

Their resumes are pretty much even at this point.

Of their common opponents -

Pavlovich beat Lewis in 60 seconds with ease and Ngannou lost to Lewis.

Ngannou beat Overeem and Pav lost to reem.

Both beat Blaydes similarly impressively.

Idk. Around same level. Pavlovich can overtake Ngannou with another win or two tho
ngannou beat blaydes in 45 seconds
sergei was getting tagged a lot before the ko

He seems to have worse cardio than Ngannou. Not as powerful though but is more technically skilled and maybe quicker. He also doesnt have Francis chin and I havent really seen anything about his grappling. We did see Francis demonstrated his grappling against Stipe and Gane

Hes better at some things, and Ngannou is better at other things.

I think Sergei has better boxing variety, he mixes up his punches better.

Back