PBC Boxing Christmas does 2.726 mil. Viewers

I've been pushing for Christmas Night Fights for at least 5 years. By "pushing" I mean complaining to my wife every Christmas at around 5 o'clock, "You know what? They should have fights Christmas night. It should be like football on Thanksgiving."

Damn really
With the names on the card, thats a success lol

I've been pushing for Christmas Night Fights for at least 5 years. By "pushing" I mean complaining to my wife every Christmas at around 5 o'clock, "You know what? They should have fights Christmas night. It should be like football on Thanksgiving."

Christmas on Sunday next year...gonna be cray af

First time since 1969 for a Christmas night boxing card they mentioned.

Yea the NFL game was the lead in people just kept it on as backround noise. There was however some good fights.
Bullshit, the NFL game was too keep ppl busy until Vito and Joey fought.
Background noise.....fuck outta here

NFL had what, 25 million viewers? Or maybe slightly less

Put em on PPV for $100, and you would get maybe 300,000 buys.
Depends of the game i guess
NFL is almost sacred in america, the Draft of this year was more watched than the NBA final game

is Mielnecki talented? didn't bother to watch
Already lost to another in house fighter (James Martin), gave some mediocre performances last bouts considering he is fighting only cans yet,its only 19 and seems popular in New Jersey so PBC put some shows there

Joey Spencer seems better all around, defeated the same james martin, has great power
Its only 21 and its too raw tho

Depends of the game i guess
NFL is almost sacred in america, the Draft of this year was more watched than the NBA final game

Boxing was sacred at one time too. But it mostly left broadcast TV for PPV and similar options. Which made more money but also relegated it as an outsider sport. Paul Beston in "The Boxing Kings" talks a bit about about that (although the book is mostly a history of the heavyweight title).

is Mielnecki talented? didn't bother to watch
not really. i mean he’s not awful but he’s still super young. probably shouldn’t be pro yet. regardless, he is, and could certainly have a worse record. lost clearly in his one loss though. not a great sign for a prospect.

Back