PC Gaming: What is the best controller?

What is the best controller for PC?

• SCUF Reflex Pro, customized (PS5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SCUF Instinct Pro, customized (XS/XB1)

• Nagashock, customized (PS5)

• Razer Wolverine V2 Pro (PS5)

• Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma (XS/XB1)

• PDP Victrix Pro BFG (PS5)

• PDP Victrix Gambit (XS/XB1)

• Thrustmaster eSwap Pro X (XS/XB1)

• Gulikit Zen Pro (Switch)

• Nacon Revolution 5 Pro (PS5)

• Steelseries Stratus Duo (ChromeOS)

• Total voters
I mostly use my Xbox elite series 2 one, it’s very good

The gaming press just picked up on Nacon revealing its new Revolution 5 Pro for the PS5 for preorder. Nacon claims it eliminates stick drift thanks to the "magnetic hall effect" technology.
https://www.nacongaming.com/en-US/revolution-5-pro
Magnetic Hall effect technology: the sticks and triggers have greatly increased precision and durability thanks to magnetic technology that eliminates "stick drift"
Trigger Blocker: adapt to any situation in the game by customising the amplitude of your triggers
Multipoint wireless connectivity: connect the controller to your console, then easily and instantly switch between the sound on your console and your audio Bluetooth® peripheral
Full customisation: 4 profiles saved per platform, 3 sets of weights, 3 stick sizes, 3 sets of stick heads, 1 external microphone jack and no less than 60 customisation options
Application: customization via the dedicated PC/Mac application (Android and iOS application available in 2024).
D-pad: In partnership with professional player Mister Crimson, we offer you exceptional control and precision.
ps5rp5frnl_6_tmm_desk.jpg

I'd already added it to the "Other" section ahead of its release days ago with an update to the OP replacing the wired Revolution X Pro as its flagship controller, but now I'm going to swap it into the poll for the Turtle Beach Recon Cloud which hasn't gotten any votes, and really isn't in the same class as the other third-party controllers in the poll.

Best controller for retro and fighting games - games that don't need thumbsticks:

hori_fighting_commander_black_1024x1024.jpg

I missed this detail of the FTC leak last week:
New Xbox controller appears online, is basically a PlayStation 5 DualSense
The new controller will reportedly feature enhanced wireless capabilities, seamless pairing, haptic feedback, a speaker, an accelerometer, and it’ll even switch on just from you picking it up.

Fans will also be happy to know it’ll feature a built-in rechargeable battery, which is something PlayStation controllers have had since the PlayStation 3, but Xbox has always lacked, relying on AA batteries or rechargeable battery packs.

Other changes include quieter buttons, improved thumbsticks that should last longer, or indefinitely, without drifting, a more environmentally friendly design, and of course, the ability to be wirelessly updated to improve performance.

Despite all the new features, the controller will retain the classic shape and layout that it’s had since the launch of the Xbox One, so it won’t be too unfamiliar to long-time fans...

A price is even mentioned - $69.99. This would make it $10 more expensive than the current Xbox Wireless Controller for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
path-to-2030-c.png

path-to-2030-d.png

Last edited:
Still the best FPS controller (that's not a mouse):
Ms_sidewinder_dual_strike.jpg

The use of the wrist to control the right stick instead of a thumbstick provides a much more precision.

Victrix Gambit for a thumbstick controller and Hori Fight Commander 3 for d-pad controller

I just recently bought the 8bitdo Wired Xbox controller. It's the first controller I've used for PC I've liked as much as the original Wired 360 controller

82ce02_00__88368.1662589509.jpg

I mostly use a Logitech wireless controller for emulation. But I use a wireless Dual Shock 2 (Sony actually did release an officially licensed one late in the PS2's life) for PS2 games since it has pressure sensitive face buttons and some games took advantage of that.

I mostly use a Logitech wireless controller for emulation. But I use a wireless Dual Shock 2 (Sony actually did release an officially licensed one late in the PS2's life) for PS2 games since it has pressure sensitive face buttons and some games took advantage of that.

I looked for some newer emu stuff, I just had PS1.
My understanding is it's legal to program an emulator, the legal issue is the rom's.
But I use orginal PS discs, I just want to play on my pc.

My understanding is it's legal to program an emulator, the legal issue is the rom's.
Don't be a square, go download all the roms you want.

I have almost every old system running on my pc, which is connected to my big screen TV.

most of the time i just use a xbox one controller. but i have two elite series 2 controllers, one's got a bit of stick drift. the other i just bought recently but i only use it for certain games where the paddle buttons will help and i tend to baby it, hoping that it won't run into the same stick drift problems as my first

How do you guys play with xbox controllers with the left side reversed like that? It's so weird.

Odd that playing on a PC bothers you.. Well, no, I dont find it odd, it's just that a few years ago, some jerks on here cried because I knew it was stupid to waste money on those "mini" consoles because an emulation on a computer is the same thing minus the cost. The concept was folks wanted to play on their couch, not their computer. I say bullshit, in the sense that it's not a Priority, but preference.

Anyway. Glad to see some brains in here.

Back