PED Double Standards

Well what you mean is that you don't like someone who got caught and that they should not be on the greatest of all time list.

Fedor never took a steroid test in his prime and neither did many others who some proclaim as immortal GOATS, so we don't know. These men were lucky enough to never have to take testing or get caught. In that case you would have to affirm that Fedor himself would likely be off the list of GOAT along with many others.

Many in the UFC, from champions to others have never failed a test but we do not if they were actually not on Steroids, and that is a fact.

What you mean to say is that you don't put people who have been caught on the list because you really do not know was really on steroids or not.
Fedor was routinely WADA tested concurrent with his prime run in Pride

Regardless, steroids weren't prohibited in Pride so there's zero element of cheating. If anything, Fedor was at a disadvantage because of this

Every time Jones or Silva get brought up, multiple people find the need to scream "tHEy'Re dRuG ChEaTs". It's assumed that they've been active roiders their entire career.

Meanwhile, O'Malley, a fucking BW who somehow has 4 one punch KOs on his record, comes back from suspension and, like magic, nobody mentions a damn thing about his history.

People on here consistently rate Werdum as one of the five best HWs of all time, and nobody talks about how roids may have contributed to his success the way they do with Jon and Silva. It's a similar story with Overeem.

There are many others too. Don't believe me? Here you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doping_cases_in_mixed_martial_arts

So what's this all about guys? You know who you are. Is it about discrediting two goat candidate fighters so you have better arguments for saying that guys like GSP, Fedor, and Khabib are the best to ever do it (the former two may have juiced for all we know). Is it a resentment you hold on to because one of these two fighters beat your favorite fighter once upon a time? I'm the last person to ever want to throw this card out there, but I have to wonder whether this race related. Help me out here guys. The degree of hypocrisy I see on here when it comes to this issue is dumbfounding.
This thread has been done already.

Racism.... There, I said it for you since you were too fraidycat to do so.

Every time Jones or Silva get brought up, multiple people find the need to scream "tHEy'Re dRuG ChEaTs". It's assumed that they've been active roiders their entire career.

Meanwhile, O'Malley, a fucking BW who somehow has 4 one punch KOs on his record, comes back from suspension and, like magic, nobody mentions a damn thing about his history.

People on here consistently rate Werdum as one of the five best HWs of all time, and nobody talks about how roids may have contributed to his success the way they do with Jon and Silva. It's a similar story with Overeem.

So what's this all about guys? You know who you are. Is it about discrediting two goat candidate fighters so you have better arguments for saying that guys like GSP, Fedor, and Khabib are the best to ever do it (the former two may have juiced for all we know). Is it a resentment you hold on to because one of these two fighters beat your favorite fighter once upon a time? I'm the last person to ever want to throw this card out there, but I have to wonder whether this race related. Help me out here guys. The degree of hypocrisy I see on here when it comes to this issue is dumbfounding.

I shit on Werdum all the time. His five rounder where he ran circles around a guy 10 years younger for 25 minutes should have been evidence. Just look at his physique now as opposed to before he got caught. Very similar to how Mir looked.

There are a bunch of guys that get a pass, Donald Cerrone for example. Not sure why.

Well what you mean is that you don't like someone who got caught and that they should not be on the greatest of all time list.

Fedor never took a steroid test in his prime and neither did many others who some proclaim as immortal GOATS, so we don't know. These men were lucky enough to never have to take testing or get caught. In that case you would have to affirm that Fedor himself would likely be off the list of GOAT along with many others.

Many in the UFC, from champions to others have never failed a test but we do not if they were actually not on Steroids, and that is a fact.

What you mean to say is that you don't put people who have been caught on the list because you really do not know was really on steroids or not.
Actually, what I meant to say is exactly what I said. That’s why I said it.
I am not psychic, and do not know magically when someone used PEDs. Like most everyone else here, I find out when someone fails a test. In regards to PRIDE, it’s true that we don’t know if Fedor used PEDs or not. If he admitted it, or if someone with actual knowledge came forward with that, I’d evaluate it at that time. However it’s worth noting that the point of all of this is that PEDs are banned substances, which give users enhancements in performance (hence the name) over those fighters who follow the rules, and makes the playing field unfair. As these prohibitions weren’t in place in PRIDE, the point is somewhat moot there. Additionally, Fedor fought an event in PRIDE in Vegas under the NSAC, as well as fighting in Affliction, Strikeforce, and Bellator. Fedor also competed in sambo tournaments which were overseen by WADA. He has never failed a test.
So no, I would not have to affirm that he’d “likely” be off the GOAT list. If he fails a test, or evidence comes out of PED use, it should be evaluated. Until then, he is GOAT.

The one thing you did say that is true is that there are many fighters that we can’t be sure are clean; if they claim to be clean, and there’s no evidence to the contrary, then I think it should be assumed that they are.

GOAT candidates come under more scrutinty.

Look at Lance Armstrong, he got absolutely crucified despite basically everyone else in the top 20 behind him also being on the same PEDs.

I don't think its a race thing, if GSP popped you better believe it would get brought up at every opportunity by haters round here.

Double standards lmao

Plenty of people bring it up, you don't see it as much cuz he's not a GOAT contender so no one really talks about him

Use your head before starting a thread TS

It’s mostly just insecure GSP fans who know his title reign plays second fiddle to Jon or Silva’S reign.

they have no choice but to “disqualify” Jones and Silva’s accomplishments in order to feel comfortable claiming gsp as GOAT... which obviously he isn’t.

I don't think there's anything obvious about those GOAT discussions; if there were, it would have been settled by now. But to a lot of us it's obvious that a PED cheater can't be the best--maybe the most effective, but not the best.
As for the PED users mentioned in the OP, I'm happy to agree that they're not as good as they would have been if they had fought clean and accomplished the same.

The reason why Silva/Jon Jones are brought up is because a lot of people consider them GOAT. Easiest way to discredit them obviously. If they are out of the picture guess which fans will proclaim the other guy GOAT.

They also hint at Pride being full of ped user to discredit Fedor too lol.

It is what it is. Fans 101

Correction: Easiest way to discredit themself, they used, they got caught, end of history

You're dismissing so much information.

How did they get the PED in their system?

How much did they have in their system?

Where they freed of their accusations?
(although in Jones case I'd say he's 100% guilty)

Correction: Easiest way to discredit themself, they used, they got caught, end of history

It's only a discredit to themselves IF fans care about steroids. There's no correction here.

But then and again everyone is a hypocrite if they regularly watch other sports who do not do drug testing at all.

O'Malley was never busted for steroids though....he was busted for a peptide I believe....those things but have some effect, but are vastly inferior to steroids

Because no one cares about O'Malley.

Couture and Hendo tend to get a free pass while Belfort and Silva get an asterisk beside their accomplishments.
Henderson never failed a test. He used TRT when it was legal and stopped using it when it became illegal.

Conor Mcgregor would never ever use any PED even if his depended on it because he is too much of a man

Henderson never failed a test. He used TRT when it was legal and stopped using it when it became illegal.

Yeah Dan Henderson had hypergonadism alright. Magically cleared up when the TUEs finished. Must have visited a faith healer.

Do you think Hendo wasn't taking anything during Pride? Or his affiliation with Team Quest who had a number of guys who popped for testosterone.

Back