People are sleeping on Curtis Blaydes

Spekty

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
His only loss was a controversial doctor stoppage vs Ngannou and he has grown leaps and bounds since then. He is the most efficient and powerful wrestler in HW division right now. Overeem is a power tank himself and he has good TDD yet Blaydes took him down repeatedly and made it look effortless. His striking has been improving slowly but surely too. He is only 27 so he'll only get better as time goes on.

Blaydes is a clear number 1 contender. Volkov is another contender who is on a good win streak right now but Blaydes is a superior fighter and after beating Overeem he'll be moved to 2nd place in rankings. He should get the next TS and face the winner of Stipe vs DC.

He couldn't take down Omielanczuk ONCE because of that I'm not sold

He’s no where near the likes of miocic Cain Cormier

He couldn't take down Omielanczuk ONCE because of that I'm not sold
He took down Alistair Overeem plenty of times though. Alistair was taken down like once or twice in the past decade,it's really hard to put him on his back. Even Brock couldn't do that. If Blaydes can outwrestle him in such a decisive manner he can do it to pretty much anyone. After watching him tonight I'm convinced he'd do it to Ngannou too if their rematch ever happens.

He’s no where near the likes of miocic Cain Cormier
Everyone starts somewhere.
Blaydes gets better and better every time he steps in the cage. Beating Overeem is a huge feather in his cap. I could see him getting the winner of Miocic vs Cormier or Ngannou vs Lewis.

He's only 27 and is now top 3 in the world. He's had 2 years of serious MMA training. It's only going to get better. He's going to carve out the legacy Cain couldn't due to injuries.

Why you sleepin on him? I can hear you snoring

His only loss was a controversial doctor stoppage vs Ngannou and he has grown leaps and bounds since then. He is the most efficient and powerful wrestler in HW division right now. Overeem is a power tank himself and he has good TDD yet Blaydes took him down repeatedly and made it look effortless. His striking has been improving slowly but surely too. He is only 27 so he'll only get better as time goes on.

Blaydes is a clear number 1 contender. Volkov is another contender who is on a good win streak right now but Blaydes is a superior fighter and after beating Overeem he'll be moved to 2nd place in rankings. He should get the next TS and face the winner of Stipe vs DC.

he be champ. he beats stipe now but not dc.

dude is fuckin legit. been watching him for a minute and hes gotten alot better but i just dont see him beating Stipe, DC, Cain, or maybe even werdum at this point. i wouldnt mind seeing brock fight him if he comes back but i doubt we would see it. not a big enough name but if he could beat lesnar or any of the top 3 id be sold on him getting a TS

I don't think Blaydes is a superior fighter to Volkov.

I think Minakov wrecks him too.

I don't think Blaydes is a superior fighter to Volkov.

I think Minakov wrecks him too.
Volkov's TDD is really bad. Because of that he lost to Kongo and Tony Johnson in Bellator. He was also outwrestled by Werdum and by Denis Smoldarev in M-1 (he was taken down repeatedly over the course of 3 rounds by a guy who's not even a wrestler). Big Country took him down too. Volkov wouldn't be able to stuff takedown attempts from Blaydes,I don't think it's much of a fight.

Blaydes vs Minakov would be an interesting,fairly even match up. But that's out of the realm of possibility unfortunately.

Volkov's TDD is really bad. Because of that he lost to Kongo and Tony Johnson in Bellator. He was also outwrestled by Werdum and by Denis Smoldarev in M-1 (he was taken down repeatedly over the course of 3 rounds by a guy who's not even a wrestler). Big Country took him down too. Volkov wouldn't be able to stuff takedown attempts from Blaydes,I don't think it's much of a fight.

Blaydes vs Minakov would be an interesting,fairly even match up. But that's out of the realm of possibility unfortunately.

I'd favor Blaydes in a 3 rounder and Volkov in a 5 rounder. His wrestling is better but Volkov is good defensively off his back and a far better striker.

I think Minakov is better everywhere than Blaydes. The only factor there is if he's still actually in top form or he's gotten lazy as his last few fights may suggest.

He had really good timing tonight on his take downs. I’d like to see him fight Volkov next, depending on the result I may or may not be sold on a title shot. That’s a hard fight for him think, as Volkov would constantly be giving him fits from bottom and I’m not sure about Blaydes cardio if he’s actually having to control a live dog.

Back