Pereira could become a 3 weight champion. Jiri and Nganou are both strikers.

He sleeps Jiri but Francis would be tough

There is no way he beats Francis

Alex was set to fight Rico Verhoeven one of the finest striker on planet earth. what makes you think he cant take Ngannou
who panic-werstled a pillow fist like Gane?

He got taken down by Izzy who he has size advantage on. I imagine even if he somehow outstrike Francis, he would be gnp'd to shadow realm.
100% agreed.
You didnt mention the stand up tho. I believe both have power to KO each other with one punch. Alex is way way way better from a technical standpoint. I would be zero surprised if a rushing Ngannou ate a left hook and its over. The TD threat is pretty much the xfactor in this theory matchup imho, however I would not count Alex out

Reactions: GUY
Alex was set to fight Rico Verhoeven one of the finest striker on planet earth. what makes you think he cant take Ngannou
So why wouldn’t he take down Perreira like he did Gane?

Alex’s TDD isn’t any better than Gane’s and he’s 20-30lbs lighter.

It doesn’t even matter what anybody thinks of Ngannou as a fighter, the size and strength disparity would be huge. It’s especially harmful to Pereira since he’s one of the biggest weight bullies in UFC history, it’s the biggest advantage he has at MW.

Nganou is sloppy. Potan would be around 230-240. I would not be shocked if Potan to him down.

Standing unless Nganou can ko him he gets either koed or decisioned

It doesn’t even matter what anybody thinks of Ngannou as a fighter, the size and strength disparity would be huge. It’s especially harmful to Pereira since he’s one of the biggest weight bullies in UFC history, it’s the biggest advantage he has at MW.
I doubt Nganou could hold Potan down for 5 rounds, his knees are shot and he would probably gas himself.

If ngannou bum rushes he will probably eat a left hook. People really overate ngannou.

If Francis didn't KO him pretty quickly he could move to Plan B (wrestling) he used against Gane. He'd have an even easier time taking down Pereira and keeping him there. Jiri is a huge LHW who could possibly do the same or even win by submission/GnP. His grappling isn't great, but he's got a lot more experience than Pereira.

I doubt Nganou could hold Potan down for 5 rounds, his knees are shot and he would probably gas himself.

If ngannou bum rushes he will probably eat a left hook. People really overate ngannou.
Well, "shot knees, easily gassed" Ngannou outwrestled Gane. But he can't do it to a kickboxer with under 10 MMA fights who's currently a MW?

If Mousasi could knock out Mark Hunt, I'm not willing to say Perreira couldn't knock out Ngannou.

I'm pretty sure stipe and rozentruik hit harder as well
doubt that. Do you realize Pereira walks around at the same weight as Stipe? Also in a striking match Stipe would lose to a few Kickboxers Pereira beat, same with Jairzinho

Francis was able to KO (lucky is debatable) Jair Rozenstruick who is 85-8 in kickboxing in a heavier weight class.Francis also has shown more groundwork and GnP than Izzy and probably can and will take down Alex if needed

If Francis could wrestle Gane he can wrestle Alex. If he stood with Alex he'd get pieced up tho.

Gane isnt really a pressure fighter though, he only tends to threaten opponents when he's established dominance and I think as a result easier for Francis to switch tactics to grappling.

Ngannou has a chin but Alex with an extra 10-15lbs of muscle I do think could threaten him, maybe not a one off shot but he's capable of unloading a ton of punishment, not a fighter you want to depend on your chin again IMHO.

The hype trains are off the chart nowadays.

Pereira will KO Ngannou to be HW champ, Khamzat will ragdoll Jiri to be LHW champ.

I think he's knocks out both guys if he can keep it standing. He won't be able to though. Izzy was able to take him down and control him. D1 Francis showed up when Gane was getting the better of him. Jiri showed he could wrestle and grapple in the Glover fight.

Back