Pereira was lucky, he fought with a broken toe and was limping badly in cage after the fight, I don't know if he could have continue in round 2

Cazanciocu

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
It was stupid of Pereira fighting with a broken toe when the belt is on the line. Could have wait one more month for ufc 301.

Last edited:
I thought he was limping on the way in, but I don’t normally watch the walk-ins so it might have been some weird thing he always does.

he sure was lucky to punch hill square in the countenance

That's not how adrenaline works.

Why would it have wore off after round 1?

he wants to fight at UFC 301, that's enough evidence that he's fine.

Because of the break bewteen rounds.
Nah. It's a temporary break in fight where a guy is trying to take his head off. Knowing there's more rounds to come would ensure his fight or flight instinct was staying put.

Plus he went into the fight with the broken toe. It obviously wasn't an issue that he felt he couldn't get through.

Nah. It's a temporary break in fight where a guy is trying to take his head off. Knowing there's more rounds to come would ensure his fight or flight instinct was staying put.

Plus he went into the fight with the broken toe. It obviously wasn't an issue that he felt he couldn't get through.
Yeah, but I guess it's possible he made it worse.

On the contrary, Hill is lucky he is not dead.

There's been plenty of fights where a fighter looks fine and then walks gingerly after the post fight interview. That doesn't mean they were all about to lose every time.

Back